• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inspirational Stories and Testimonies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanMatthew

Hi everybody, my name is Bryan and I am looking for people who have and would be willing to share their TRUE story/s or testimony for a book that I am developing. As long as God is the focal point of the story, I am interested. Below you will find an example of what I'm looking for. You can remain anonymous, but in the book all stories will be prefaced with the authors first name only and state/country of origin. (Bryan, Missouri) I am not able to pay for your story, sorry. If you post a story in this thread, I'll consider that permission for me to use it in this book. If you would rather not post your story here, contact me at my email address. If your TRUE story is very long, that's okay, and likewise, it can be just a paragraph and that is fine as well.

God Bless you all, and thank you in advance.

Bryan

EXAMPLE:

Bryan
Missouri

I remember one morning, it was about 3 am, I was awakened by my mother who told me that my Grandfather had a stroke and had been rushed to the hospital. I was about 10 years old, and I remember being very sad when I saw the look on my fathers face. Well, my dad rushed out of the house, got into his old chevy caprice, and disappeared down the driveway. We lived in Springfield, Grandpa lived in St. Louis, so my dad had about a 3 hour drive ahead of him.
Dad drove like crazy. It's a miracle that he never hit anyone or anything because he told us he was driving over 95 mph most of the way. God was watching over him that morning.
Dad was about 20 miles from the hospital when he said he felt a sense of peace come over him. Like a warm blanket of comfort, yet a sense of sadness as he realized that his dad (my grandpa) had passed. Nobody told him, he just knew. So much so that after driving 90+ mph for 2 hours, he decided to pull off the main highway and stop at a gas station for a bathroom break and some coffee. As he sat drinking his coffee, his cell phone rang and it was his younger brother Gary. Gary told dad what he already knew, Grandpa was gone. He had passed about 15 minutes earlier, at nearly the same time my dad had his overwhelming sense of calm.
I believe with all my heart that Grandpa passed and saw his son (my dad) driving like a maniac, and came down to give him a heavenly hug as to say "Son, slow down, it's okay, I've already gone but I'm going to be alright."

God is amazing, and I'm so happy to know that my Grandpa is with him now.

A

angellous_evangellous

***Thread Closed for MOD Review***

If you have questions concerning this thread, please start a thread in site feedback or PM a staff member...

Status
Not open for further replies.