• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inside/Outside

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
An alternative view is that everything we consider as "outside" is actually "inside" our conscious awareness. Even the body exists within the conscious being.

How do you feel about the above statements and what else might they imply?

pexels-matheus-gomes-2516025.jpg
Photo by Matheus Gomes from Pexels

It's early morning here and I am thinking of breakfast :)

exchemist

Veteran Member
An alternative view is that everything we consider as "outside" is actually "inside" our conscious awareness. Even the body exists within the conscious being.

View attachment 50788

I find this sort of thing all a bit pointless.

If you get hit by what we call a "No. 97 bus", everything you experience is consistent with the boring and traditional concept that there is such a thing as a bus and it is outside you - apart from the part that has just penetrated your vitals, which is now inside. So I think we are served best by that model of reality, rather than by some let's-all-stare-up-our-own-arses alternative version.;)

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I find this sort of thing all a bit pointless.

If you get hit by what we call a "No. 97 bus", everything you experience is consistent with the boring and traditional concept that there is such a thing as a bus and it is outside you - apart from the part that has just penetrated your vitals, which is now inside. So I think we are served best by that model of reality, rather than by some let's-all-stare-up-our-own-arses alternative version.;)
I think the world becomes intimate and personal when viewed as an internal experience, whether that be the "No 97 bus" or the people in our lives. ;)

RestlessSoul

Altering one's perspective changes everything, and changes nothing. Since everything is changing and nothing stays the same, not even for a second, it makes sense to look at it all anew. And to wonder. The capacity for wonder is what makes us human. Maybe...

RestlessSoul

I am the eye with which the Universe
Beholds itself, and knows itself divine.

Percy Shelley (from The Song of Apollo)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

View attachment 50788

Our conscious/awareness isn't a thing that holds nor stores 'stuff'.

There is interconnectedness however that links everything together, negating any real inside/outside where one goes inside or outside as if such is contained independently as if there's a door or portal there.