• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Injustice

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
"Where you recognise evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies (Havamal - 127)."

When is the last time you saw an act of injustice, harm to another, or evil in a way that made you stand up to it. Have you ever had to be a voice for the innocent?

While I was at the off leash dog park today, a gentleman's dog decided to pin another dog to the ground. Which the owners of the dog doing the pinning didn't like, and the pinned dog was obviously uncomfortable. Instead of removing his dog from the situation. The owners of the pinning dog, decided it was his place to start whipping his dog with the leash while screaming at it. Unacceptable.

I stepped up and told him to stop hitting his ****ing dog if he doesn't like the way it's acting, unless he wants said behavior to get infinitely worse. That his behaviour is only reinforcing the dog, making it more aggressive and fearful of him. This was the second day at this park I have seen him with that same behavior, and could not stand by while it happened.

He tried to explain that "the dogs a rescue", w/e the hell that's supposed to mean, to which I retorted that it looks like it needed to be again. He probably won't learn, but I refuse to standby.

Last edited:

anna.

but mostly it's the same
"Where you recognise evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies (Havamal - 127)."

When is the last time you saw an act of injustice, harm to another, or evil in a way that made you stand up to it. Have you ever had to be a voice for the innocent?

While I was at the off leash dog park today, a gentleman's dog decided to pin another dog to the ground. Which the owners of the dog doing the pinning didn't like, and the pinned dog was obviously uncomfortable. Instead of removing his dog from the situation. The owners of the pinning dog, decided it was his place to start whipping his dog with the leash while screaming at it. Unacceptable.

I stepped up and told him to stop hitting his ****ing dog if he doesn't like the way it's acting, unless he wants said behavior to get infinitely worse. That his behaviour is only reinforcing the dog, making it more aggressive and fearful of him. This was the second day at this park I have seen him with that same behavior, and could not stand by while it happened.

He tried to explain that "the dogs a rescue", w/e the hell that's supposed to mean, to which I retorted that it looks like it needed to be again. He probably won't learn, but I refuse to standby.

Good for you. I'd go further and get his license plate number and report him to animal control.

Just like child abuse - if he does that in public, what he does in private is probably worse.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Good for you. I'd go further and get his license plate number and report him to animal control.

Just like child abuse - if he does that in public, what he does in private is probably worse.

That's an excellent point, and was a bit too heated at the moment to consider that. If I see him do it again though, I'll record the interaction and pass the tip along. Animal Control needs evidence, they can't go off of just your word.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
That's an excellent point, and was a bit too heated at the moment to consider that. If I see him do it again though, I'll record the interaction and pass the tip along. Animal Control needs evidence, they can't go off of just your word.

I'm glad you stepped in. Thank you for that.

pearl

That took real intestinal fortitude, you're luck he wasn't carrying a gun. I remember years ago my husband and I were at a lounge with another couple. I walked toward the ladies room and a woman was ahead of me when a man grabbed her with one hand and the other poised to hit her, without thinking I grabbed his hand, after what seemed to be an extremely long minute he walked away before my husband got there. In hind sight the outcome could have been worse. As for the dog owner, kudos to you! I read a news story yesterday about a veteran stepped in to protect a woman from a man with a knife, as a result the attacker stabbed him in the eye!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That took real intestinal fortitude, you're luck he wasn't carrying a gun. I remember years ago my husband and I were at a lounge with another couple. I walked toward the ladies room and a woman was ahead of me when a man grabbed her with one hand and the other poised to hit her, without thinking I grabbed his hand, after what seemed to be an extremely long minute he walked away before my husband got there. In hind sight the outcome could have been worse. As for the dog owner, kudos to you! I read a news story yesterday about a veteran stepped in to protect a woman from a man with a knife, as a result the attacker stabbed him in the eye!

I'll take getting stabbed or shot, if it means standing up for those that can't protect themselves.

I didn't shy from military service and I don't back away when I perceive something is amiss.

I stepped up to protect a woman who's "boyfriend" was following her, yelling at her, threatening her, and she was clearly trying to get away (public parking lot). I almost got my *** beat, but that's the price for not being a bystander.

Edit: also, good on you for standing up for that woman who was going to be hit.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting situation, Pearl. I can't tell anyone what is the best thing to do, but according to the testimony of an ex convict talking about his experiences I think the best thing to deter muggers is to carry mace in your hand. If its not in your hand its not so much help but if its in your hand if you spray a mugger in the face they're likely to run away, according to what he said.