• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Initiation in Thelema

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
For me, Initaitions have formed the foundation of my practise of Thelema and led me on a path on continual Gnosis over many years.

Here is an interesting artical on the process of Initation in the Thelemic current from IAO131:
http://iao131.com/2014/04/26/fundamentals-of-initiation-in-thelema/

Introduction
In Thelema, the term “initiation” is used often and in varying ways. This essay is intended to elucidate the basic meaning and fundamentals of initiation, especially in the context of spiritual system of Thelema.

Summary

Initiation is the process whereby we come to the one Light, the “unknown Crown” within each of us. It can only be attained through our own efforts, although other initiates and adepts may guide us to point the way and help avoid common pitfalls. There is a single Light, although it is expressed in many different ways; it is the same Light regardless of belief or tradition. The old initiatory formula of Osiris became no longer efficacious with the dawning of the New Aeon of Horus whose word of the Law is Thelema. Further details of the nature of initiation in this New Aeon can be explored in the series “New Aeon Initiation.” In the distant future, the Aeon of Horus will itself end and a new god, that of Justice, will arise with a new Law.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
This introductory story seems to ignore the role Set played between the rule of Osiris and that of Horus. Is this omitted for a reason?

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
This introductory story seems to ignore the role Set played between the rule of Osiris and that of Horus. Is this omitted for a reason?

Because Set has nothing to do with Liber Al vel Legis or the traditional Thelemic Current.

Osiris and Horus are not relevant, and Horus in Thelema is not Horus.

Horus in not actually involved at all (therefore Set not relevant) The human-godhead of Horus (Old Aeon) has evolved into a 3 fold entity in the New Aeon:
- Ra-Hoor-Kuit
- Hoor-pa-kraat &
- Harpocrates

You will find no reference to Horus in the Egyptian sense in Thelema.. we've moved on from that set of distinctions, and Set went with it.

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
Not usually. Yes they can be (see Liber Pyramidos)

Yet the key initations in Thelema were written in Freemasonic form and used by the OTO.

The Man of Earth Initiations of OTO are imo Crowleys BEST work without a shadow of a doubt. They teach the system so beautifully and powerfully, nothing that can be done alone can compare I dont think.

Covellite

Not usually. Yes they can be (see Liber Pyramidos)

Yet the key initations in Thelema were written in Freemasonic form and used by the OTO.

The Man of Earth Initiations of OTO are imo Crowleys BEST work without a shadow of a doubt. They teach the system so beautifully and powerfully, nothing that can be done alone can compare I dont think.
Thanks. Very helpful and kind of you. Quite encourageing for me.
What's the usual way?

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
Thanks. Very helpful and kind of you. Quite encourageing for me.
What's the usual way?
Well... to do it properly, you travel to a local OTO body and request to begin Initation.
If you can travel to Skopije in Macedonia they have a great local body there.

Otherwise Zagreb in Croatia is also TOP class in terms of Initations and a Grand Lodge....highly recommend Perun Lodge - those guys are AMAZING.

I can put you in touch with either body masters..... I'd personally go with Zagreb if i had to choose, only as they have an amazing temple space

Covellite

Well... to do it properly, you travel to a local OTO body and request to begin Initation.
If you can travel to Skopije in Macedonia they have a great local body there.

Otherwise Zagreb in Croatia is also TOP class in terms of Initations and a Grand Lodge....highly recommend Perun Lodge - those guys are AMAZING.

I can put you in touch with either body masters..... I'd personally go with Zagreb if i had to choose, only as they have an amazing temple space
Zagreb sounds fine, and we speak same language too ;)

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
would you pm me your name (it can just be initial and surname?)

Can't really introduce you as an avatar nickname!

Last edited: