• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ingenuity flies on Mars

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Unmanned space exploration might pave the way towards human colonization of space beyond Earth whereby there are humans being a multi-planetary species eluding the existential threats of being totally reliant upon precious Earth.

I honestly believe that getting their act together here first would be the best way to handle their resources and scientific knowledge because, if man can't get it right here, what makes you think he could do any better under more extreme circumstances on another planet? Think of the nightmares of supplying air, water and food.....the three essentials for life to exist, let alone flourish.......and as far as we know, there is nothing like our earth anywhere close enough to travel to.

As a Christian, I believe that the Creator will accomplish the populating the Universe when his representatives on earth show that they can actually exercise their minds in a more constructive and beneficial way so that all on earth can benefit from the resources we have here, instead of polluting the daylights out of those three essentials to feed their short sighted egos and greed.

What do you reckon? If I had to depend on man for my future, I wouldn't be jumping for joy right now....
confused0065.gif

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
We have such realism in our movies these days......who could tell the difference?

Nice to see him being torn limb from limb wasn't it?....sad that the public demands this level of gratuitous violence.
indifferent0025.gif
Good grief! What are we turning into? :facepalm:
Lol, I saw that movie in theaters as a 10 year old and always loved it. It's actually a very beautiful and touching movie. It's similar to Prometheus (the movie).

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The Russians, the Chinese, & every other technological
country who'd love to rub our noses in our fraud & failure.
Ah...you've just proven my point...its about who did it first so that they can beat their chests and brag about their accomplishments, pretending to be the big boss of space...when all they are proving is what complete jerks they are.

This is stupid, ego-driven humans big-noting themselves and strutting around like peacocks but stepping over the bodies of those who could have been helped.
Who cares who did it first? :facepalm: What is the cost in reality?

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Lol, I saw that movie in theaters as a 10 year old and always loved it. It's actually a very beautiful and touching movie. It's similar to Prometheus (the movie).
I wasn't talking about the movie itself, but the levels of gratuitous violence that children have been subjected to over the past few decades.....it has desensitized them and people wonder why there is so much violence among our youth in the world...:shrug: Look at the games they are playing.....seriously these appetites have been created by the entertainment industry, gradually pushing the boundaries. Haven't you noticed that the sequels of an original movie just get progressively more violent?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ah...you've just proven my point...its about who did it first so that they can beat their chests and brag about their accomplishments, pretending to be the big boss of space...when all they are proving is what a complete jerks they are.

This is stupid, ego-driven humans big-noting themselves and strutting around like peacocks but stepping over the bodies of those who could have been helped.
Who cares who did it first? :facepalm: What is the cost in reality?
I think there's a wee bit more to space exploration than
just being there first....at least there is for science geeks.
The universe is a very interesting place, with many
surprises already found & still awaiting us.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I wasn't talking about the movie itself, but the levels of gratuitous violence that children have been subjected to over the past few decades.....it has desensitized them and people wonder why there is so much violence among our youth in the world...:shrug: Look at the games they are playing.....seriously these appetites have been created by the entertainment industry, gradually pushing the boundaries. Haven't you noticed that the sequels of an original movie just get progressively more violent?
I've never thought of that movie as particularly violent. They're astronauts on a very perilous mission that goes wrong and many of them die. It's depicted as a tragic, emotional thing.

Actually I would say that movies in the past were far more graphic than movies tend to be these days. The most graphically violent movies I've seen were made in the '70s and '80s. Even horror movies now are less graphic than they were then. Shoot, I was watching Total Recall (1990) recently and it dawned on me how gory and violent that movie is, and that was a very mainstream sci-fi action flick but managed to have Tarantino levels of violence. Terminator 2 (another Schwarzenegger flick) is also very graphic for a PG-13 movie and I can't see that being released these days.

Video games? Yes, they have become more graphic as the realism in the graphics have increased. But minor's can't even buy such games without their parents buying it for them.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I think there's a wee bit more to space exploration than
just being there first....at least there is for science geeks.
The universe is a very interesting place, with many
surprises already found & still awaiting us.

Not saying that any of that in and of itself is necessarily a bad thing, but the race to do it first, especially when it puts lives in danger (as the first moon mission demonstrated) was to beat the Russians to it....the Americans were not really well equipped enough to do what they did back in the sixties.....and the suggestion remains as to whether or not it was actually filmed in a studio.....did you ever see the movie "The Dish", which was a depiction of Australia's part in that mission....it leaves that question wide open IMO.

What's "out there" is not more important than what is happening "right here".....and I don't see space exploration as being more important that exploring the earth to see how we can perpetuate the life that is already under threat here...do you?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Actually I would say that movies in the past were far more graphic than movies tend to be these days. The most graphically violent movies I've seen were made in the '70s and '80s.
It occurs to me that movies made in past decades were heavily censored for violence and language. Sex was never as graphic as it is now.....its a slow and gradual acceptance of what was once seen as shocking! The shock value is now so much more demanding....and demand is what fuels supply.

Video games? Yes, they have become more graphic as the realism in the graphics have increased. But minor's can't even buy such games without their parents buying it for them.
I think you have hit on the problem.....Pester power plays a huge part in what is marketed to children. "All my friends are playing it" is sometimes all that is needed, and unless parents are carefully vetting what their kids are doing in cyberspace, the education they are receiving is hardly character building....and can destroy all the good qualities they wanted to instill in their kids. When you live in a society that gives children all rights but no responsibility, what do we expect?

Suave

Simulated character
I honestly believe that getting their act together here first would be the best way to handle their resources and scientific knowledge because, if man can't get it right here, what makes you think he could do any better under more extreme circumstances on another planet? Think of the nightmares of supplying air, water and food.....the three essentials for life to exist, let alone flourish.......and as far as we know, there is nothing like our earth anywhere close enough to travel to.

As a Christian, I believe that the Creator will accomplish the populating the Universe when his representatives on earth show that they can actually exercise their minds in a more constructive and beneficial way so that all on earth can benefit from the resources we have here, instead of polluting the daylights out of those three essentials to feed their short sighted egos and greed.

What do you reckon? If I had to depend on man for my future, I wouldn't be jumping for joy right now....
confused0065.gif
An asteroid impact against Earth wiped out the dinosaurs. Another such asteroid impact against Earth could wipe out any species being a single planetary species dependent solely upon Earth. Mars used to have an abundance of surface liquid water capable of sustaining life. Mars could be restored to her former habitable condition.

Suave

Simulated character

confused0065.gif
I do realize our genetic code's creator understands genetic coding, geometry and base ten math. Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 x 3 squared), the sum of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 x 4squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 x 5 squared). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared + 5 squared,, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle. This mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveys to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code. Based on this signal of intelligence in our genetic code, I suspect our genetic coding was created by extraterrestrial intelligence. I am confident the truth of who or what created our genetic coding is out there in the heavens beyond the scope of us humans bound on Earth. I believe space exploration is necessary in order for us humans to find out where and from whom our genetic code was created.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
An asteroid impact against Earth wiped out the dinosaurs.
That is an assumption....but you knew that...right? You know its scary how many of science's assumptions end up being accepted as fact....

Another such asteroid impact against Earth could wipe out any species being a single planetary species dependent solely upon Earth. Mars used to have an abundance of surface liquid water capable of sustaining life. Mars could be restored to her former habitable condition.
Again, how on earth would scientists know what the past condition of Mars was? For all intents and purposes, Earth is the only planet that we know of for sure that has, or ever had, an abundance of water, and the reason for that is also the reason why we have an abundance of air for Earth's creatures to breathe.

Our atmosphere is what keeps everything contained so that it cannot escape into space. (in the Bible it is likened to a dome, which it isn't, but we get the picture) Then we have the ingenious means of constantly recycling what is already here. Precipitation takes moisture from the salty oceans (its salt content is in exactly the right ratio to maintain healthy marine life) and contains it in clouds to drop over land as fresh drinking water. Every drop of water that the Creator put here still exists, but most of it is undrinkable. Yet the oceans are never full. The rain feeds rivers and streams that all go back into the oceans which the clouds pick up and it is a perpetual process.
Without rain, every land dwelling creature would die.

Oxygen in the air we breathe is part of a mixture of gasses designed for all living things to breathe in one way or another. But if there was too much oxygen, then every spark would create an explosion. That would mean lightning would be a constant cause of casualties and death, not to mention trying to light a fire to keep warm or to cook food. Trees breathe in our expired C02 and release oxygen in perfect balance, for us to breathe...again a perpetual form of recycling. The earth is full of such mechanisms, all designed to keep life ticking along indefinitely.

If we acknowledge that the life we live, and the laws that govern all life on earth are not flukes of nature, then we have to assume also that the Creator of all this life cares about it and wants to protect it. Given that assumption, why do you suppose that the Creator never restored Mars to its former habitable condition if it was ever like the earth in the first place?

If the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid, then what how did that affect all other life on this planet? Are we to assume then that all life ceased to exist or was only one form of life that was eliminated?

You see, I have little faith in science's explanation for a lot of things that require 'educated guesses' to be made rather than having actual facts to explain so many things. I like the Bible's clear explanation of the way things are...the way they were meant to be...and how we somehow got lost between the two. Have you ever wondered about that too?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Maybe but this is on an alien planet!
Yes...a completely dead planet. Are you impressed by its appearance? Do its features make you want to go there? Can you imagine what it would take to make earthly life possible there? I know they made a movie...but is a movie reality?

The deserts on earth are not what the whole planet looks like, are they? Do you expect to see anything other than what is always presented on that desolate planet? Will an oasis pop up with palm trees perhaps? :shrug:

For life to exist, you need water....there is no water on other planets like we have, no matter how science might like to make suggestions about its existence.....life requires more than frozen water or gas. Mars was not designed to be inhabited or else it would not be hostile to life.

Like the moon, I have my suspicions that finding useful minerals to mine might be the incentive....? :rolleyes:
At the end of the day, its always about the $$$$ isn't it?

Suave

Simulated character
That is an assumption....but you knew that...right? You know its scary how many of science's assumptions end up being accepted as fact....

Again, how on earth would scientists know what the past condition of Mars was?
Mars has dried up riverbeds indicative of flowing water during Mar's past. ............................................................
fluvial-mars.jpg

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
Yes..
Can you imagine what it would take to make earthly life possible there??
Plenty of super green house gas like that found in the soles of some Nike shoes could transform Mars into a somewhat watery world.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Mars has dried up riverbeds indicative of flowing water during Mar's past. ............................................................
And that means....? What exactly?

Videos that I have watched have scientists all excited about the possibility of life where there is water.....this is purely because of science's 'belief' that life on earth began in water....not just any water but some kind of biologically conducive 'soup' from which life spontaneously sprang......or so the assumption goes. I don't know about you but I have never had 'soup' that was not made by someone deliberately following a recipe with planned ingredients. :shrug: If intelligent humans cannot recreate the event, how can it possibly be a mindless accident?

So, what if their assumptions are wrong and they have spent all this time and money trying to affirm their first premise....only to find that it wasn't a spontaneous event at all, but a carefully planned series of events that would demonstrate a purposeful preparation of this planet to host life....life in abundance....with habitats ready and waiting for all the life forms who would share this planet.

Water did not create life accidentally......an Intelligent Designer must have, because intelligence is needed in order to plan, and the fact is that food, water and oxygen were already supplied before sentient life was created. The existence of microscopic life is not mentioned in the Bible for obvious reasons.....man would take thousands of years before he was capable of discovering them. Life did begin in the oceans, but not the way science believes it did, IMO.

If God had wanted life on Mars or any other planet....he would have done the same as he did here and prepared it as needed.......what is the purpose of a dead planet? Only the Creator knows....perhaps life will exist there one day, but it will not come about by human efforts.....

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not saying that any of that in and of itself is necessarily a bad thing, but the race to do it first, especially when it puts lives in danger (as the first moon mission demonstrated) was to beat the Russians to it....the Americans were not really well equipped enough to do what they did back in the sixties.....and the suggestion remains as to whether or not it was actually filmed in a studio.....did you ever see the movie "The Dish", which was a depiction of Australia's part in that mission....it leaves that question wide open IMO.

What's "out there" is not more important than what is happening "right here".....and I don't see space exploration as being more important that exploring the earth to see how we can perpetuate the life that is already under threat here...do you?
The competition was inspiring & productive.
We enjoyed the tech, the adventure, & the science.
It was a bonus to kick the Rooskies in the zadnitza.

Suave

Simulated character
And that means....? What exactly?

Videos that I have watched have scientists all excited about the possibility of life where there is water.....this is purely because of science's 'belief' that life on earth began in water....not just any water but some kind of biologically conducive 'soup' from which life spontaneously sprang......or so the assumption goes. I don't know about you but I have never had 'soup' that was not made by someone deliberately following a recipe with planned ingredients. :shrug: If intelligent humans cannot recreate the event, how can it possibly be a mindless accident?

But what if their assumptions are wrong and they have spent all this time and money trying to affirm their first premise....only to find that it wasn't a spontaneous event at all, but a carefully planned series of events that would demonstrate a purposeful preparation of this planet to host life....life in abundance....with habitats ready and waiting for all the life forms who would share this planet.

Water did not create life accidentally......an Intelligent Designer must have, because intelligence is needed in order to plan, and the fact is that food, water and oxygen were already supplied before sentient life was created. The existence of microscopic life is not mentioned in the Bible for obvious reasons.....man would take thousands of years before he was capable of discovering them. Life did begin in the oceans, but not the way science believes it did, IMO.

If God had wanted life on Mars or any other planet....he would have done the same as he did here and prepared it as needed.......what is the purpose of a dead planet? Only the Creator knows....perhaps life will exist there one day, but it will not come about by human efforts.....
The earliest single-celled living organism might have been formed by the enclosure of naturally occurring self replicating R.N.A.strands and associated organic molecules within a naturally self assembling membrane consisting of lipids.