• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

informing humankind it's simulated

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I believe that the purpose of my life is to inform humankind that this reality is a computer simulation

I believe that is my job

But I know not to try and do that here on RF as that would be proselytising!

Whether or not people listen to (or believe) me is another matter entirely!

To this end I have prepared a website to hopefully help others understand: Voice of The Simulation

But how should I go about doing this?

What should my next move be?

Any ideas?

And I don't mind being called crazy, or insane. I am quite thick-skinned :D

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously, though, how can you be sure before you set out on your mission that this knowledge is for everyone and not only for you?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Seriously, though, how can you be sure before you set out on your mission that this knowledge is for everyone and not only for you?
Because I feel the whole reason for me existing is to inform everyone as best I can

I don't see why I'd be in possession of such knowledge were I supposed to keep it to myself

What good could it possibly do if such knowledge was limited to one person?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
In 1999, Hollywood released at least three movies dealing with virtual reality: Matrix, ExistenZ, and The 13th Floor. I really liked them. The 13th Floor had been adapted for movie by German TV in 1973, as World on a Wire. And the novel on which those two last-mentioned films were based upon, Simulacron-3 by Daniel F. Galouye, was released in 1964. So no, your idea is not very new, or revolutionary. IMHO, the major flaw in your theory is the question why the world should be a simulation.:cool:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Because I feel the whole reason for me existing is to inform everyone as best I can

I don't see why I'd be in possession of such knowledge were I supposed to keep it to myself

What good could it possibly do if such knowledge was limited to one person?

Others might not need or be ready for such knowledge.

How did you gain this knowledge?

Would it not be possible for others to gain it the same way?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
In 1999, Hollywood released at least three movies dealing with virtual reality: Matrix, ExistenZ, and The 13th Floor. I really liked them. The 13th Floor had been adapted for movie by German TV in 1973, as World on a Wire. And the novel on which those two last-mentioned films were based upon, Simulacron-3 by Daniel F. Galouye, was released in 1964. So no, your idea is not very new, or revolutionary. IMHO, the major flaw in your theory is the question why the world should be a simulation.:cool:
I am aware of all those things! :)

I believe they were made as a part of a campaign of "soft disclosure" to gradually and gently reveal the truth

To prepare the masses to learn they are simulated - without them learning that it actually is

By making it seem far-fetched!

Thanks to this soft disclosure the idea is not seen as new or revolutionary

Which for me doing my job, is a good thing!

And I know it is not a new idea, that it goes all the way back to Pythagoras's cave and the Hindu concept of Maya

As to "why" - I go into that in great detail on my website, the link is in my OP :D

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Others might not need or be ready for such knowledge.

How did you gain this knowledge?

Would it not be possible for others to gain it the same way?
I think that my superiors have judged that others do need to know and are now ready

How did I get this knowledge?

That is a long, long, long, long, long, long story :D

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that my superiors have judged that others do need to know and are now ready

As you were, then.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Many religions have already stated this, in their own words.

But... “simulation” doesn’t necessarily mean “not real”. It doesn’t mean “fake” or “false”, etc. It just means that this is not “base reality”, and that this world was created from something beyond this world.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה

Well, which version of you are we dealing with? The one who believed in simulation theory? The one who disavowed belief in the theory? The one who was pretty sure the belief was false but wasn’t really sure? The one who was pretty sure it was false, but for the sake of his journal here and his blog on the web was going to write as if he believed it and develop the idea?

Or are you presenting another new version of yourself?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Well, which version of you are we dealing with? The one who believed in simulation theory? The one who disavowed belief in the theory? The one who was pretty sure the belief was false but wasn’t really sure? The one who was pretty sure it was false, but for the sake of his journal here and his blog on the web was going to write as if he believed it and develop the idea?

Or are you presenting another new version of yourself?
In answer to your question, you are dealing with a person who believes in Simulation Theory

Heyo

Veteran Member
I believe that the purpose of my life is to inform humankind that this reality is a computer simulation

I believe that is my job

To this end I have prepared a website to hopefully help others understand: Voice of The Simulation

Any ideas?

I guess you are familiar with the simulation argument from Nick Bostrom?
If not you should study it - and other works from Bostrom. You could try to contact him and offer your help to make his argument more popular. He might have an idea how to do that.

Edit: don't tell him you got the idea from me.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
You state that both Star Trek and The Matrix are part of a campaign of soft disclosure. But Star Trek is overall "progressive" (or at least used to be, I am informed up to the point of Enterprise with Scott Bakula) and despite some psychic shenanigans like Spock's mindmeld or the holo deck, usually goes to explore outer space and "the outside world". Star Trek sees the world as real, good, and explorable by scientific methods. Matrix, on the other hand, is cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is usually set on Earth, in apocalyptic overcrowded cities. It views the world as unreal and not explorable by the senses or science (because sensory perceptions are not considered trustworthy). The two concepts are totally different, the two "fandoms" really have nothing in common except that they are both works of science fiction.

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
You state that both Star Trek and The Matrix are part of a campaign of soft disclosure. But Star Trek is overall "progressive" (or at least used to be, I am informed up to the point of Enterprise with Scott Bakula) and despite some psychic shenigans like Spock's mindmeld or the holo deck, usually goes to explore outer space and "the outside world". Star Trek sees the world as real, good, and explorable by scientific methods. Matrix, on the other hand, is cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is usually set on Earth, in apocalyptic overcrowded cities. It views the world as unreal and not explorable by the senses or science (because sensory perceptions are not considered trustworthy). The two concepts are totally different, the two "fandoms" really have nothing in common except that they are both works of science fiction.
Interesting!

Many thanks for your reply! :)

This is how I see it:

I think The Matrix films deals with how things are inside The Simulation at present - which is an illusion that causes a state of ignorance, a thing we are trapped in - a place of confinement, separated from the real world

And that Star Trek is all about the outside world that we will know in the future - which is not an illusion and can be studied, known and controlled - a place where we can be free and explore and be real - to boldly go! - a place of adventure and discovery

I see the process of Disclosure as having two dimensions:

1) - identifying the present and inside world with The Matrix (a technological dystopia - tech controlling us)
2) - identifying the future and outside world with Star Trek (a technological utopia - us controlling tech)

I think the overall message of disclosure is "the present is like The Matrix but once disclosure happens it will be like in Star Trek" - a narrative of transition that people can understand thanks to exposure to these two franhceies which, as you rightly say, are very different and have different fandoms - but that nonetheless have both managed to penetrate the popular imagination

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I believe that is my job

Any ideas?

It's not a simulation.

Drop a sledgehammer on your foot and tell me it's a simulation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I believe that is my job

Any ideas?

It seems a harmless enuf belief & mission in life.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

I believe that is my job

Any ideas?

I thought you were over this?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
There's a Star Trek TNG episode about Riker being locked in an extraterrestrial mental asylum, charged with murder. His only way to get out is believing that his friends from the Enterprise are real, while his doctor who is from an alien race pressurizes him to give up belief in his "imaginary friends".

Frame of Mind (Star Trek: The Next Generation) - Wikipedia

I found it quite powerful.