• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Infodumps form the Universe

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't say center of mass. I said the center of the landmass of Earth, which is a totally different thing.

And what do you mean by that phrase? Why is the 'center' not in the middle of the Atlantic ocean?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Because the Ocean is not a land mass. The closest to the GEOGRAPHIC center of landmasses. What aren't you getting?

The closest to the *geographic center* of the landmasses is inside the Earth.

Think of it like this. Suppose you have a 'ring' of land surrounding some water. There is the center? In the water.

janesix

Think of it like this. Suppose you have a 'ring' of land surrounding some water. There is the center? In the water.
I'm done with you. Be pretentious elsewhere.

darkskies

The geographic center is a point projected onto the surface. The center of mass lies inside but center of landmass is a projection; the point closest to the center of mass that is found on the surface.