• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Info on scientology

etherealascension

Secular Buddhist Humanist
I am by no means interested in scientology, but would like to know more about it. Scientology is portrayed as a dangerous cult by virtually everyone on Earth, but Scientology tends to keep so much secret, it's hard to defend itself.

What is it, truly, that scientologists believe and how do they defend some claims from outsiders. For instance, that scientologists are brainwashed, scientology is a cult that demands payment for information, etc.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Accordingly, most scientists do not actually believe in Xenu or that sci-fi stuff. But basically it focuses on emotions and thetans. It is basically no different than a bunch of recovery programs.

Source

etherealascension

I couldn't care less who answers me, I just want answers. Scientology has taken a lot of negative hits from a lot of different sources and I'm curious as to how they answer some of that. Examples:
L Ron is usually protrayed as a druggie/child molestor/child molesting drug addict.
Scientology requires fees before knowledge about the "religion" is revealed.
Members are practically brainwashed into loyalty.
The Church has gone to drastic measures to hide information from the public.

etherealascension

McKENNA-LEARY DIANETIC SCIENCETOLOGY THEORY

by Andrew Musa Ali Muhammad Lobo.

To relieve stress, all humans must realize this eternal truth of Scientology Dianetics. We are all born, equally, as Thetans. Yahweh Allah (The Creator Deity Supreme) is The OmniThetan. Every woman must become UltraSuperThetan, and every man UltraSupraThetan. In the subjective sense, we must all turn off our reactive minds and turn on our reactive brains. In the objective sense, we must all turn on our nonreactive minds and turn off our nonreactive brains. In essence, we must subjectively "Turn Off the reactive minds and nonreactive brains, Tune Out that defect, and Drop In to the reactive brain and nonreactive Mind of God The Higher Power (Elohim) and The God (Allah Yahweh) of Supreme Being." Objectively, Turn On our stress tests, Tune In to our stress levels, and Drop Out of stress entirely. Such is my theory as a Yahwehshuan Kabbalist Muslim Buddhist Taoist Messianic Christian. May all sentient beings no longer endure stress. May stress come to an abruptly subtle end, so that all "Thetan Feelers" of our Expansive Cosmos can have Bodhi Satori Zen Transcendence in The Kundalini Liberation of Satya Yuga. Hare Brahman Buddha, Hare Atman Krishna, Nammaste.

Alright, so what I get out of this is that Scientology can be put on the same playing field as Golden Dawn, Manson, The Raelian Church, etc.

I don't want to believe the above quote is the perception of your average scientologist, because that is just insane and halfway impossible to understand.