• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Info on Celtic paganism.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm interested in info on Celtic paganism from an academic or reconstructionist point of view. Stuff like info about the deities, myths and such. I'm especially interested in Irish paganism but am not picky. So whatever sites or books you could point me towards would be helpful. Thanks.

Also, where exactly does modern Druidry stand in relation to Celtic recon?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I'm interested in info on Celtic paganism from an academic or reconstructionist point of view. Stuff like info about the deities, myths and such. I'm especially interested in Irish paganism but am not picky. So whatever sites or books you could point me towards would be helpful. Thanks.

Also, where exactly does modern Druidry stand in relation to Celtic recon?

Celtic Folklore for lore... :D They actually have all of the important stories there.

Modern Druidry doesn't relate to Celtic Retcon at all, for the most part, since Druidry has basically revised itself constantly to keep up with new information... However, for Celt Retcon, this is the best site I know: Pàganachd - A Celtic Reconstructionist Gateway

All your questions should be answered there.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Mindmaster

Premium Member
paganism? Lower case p? As someone who used to be one I was expecting better of you. :p

It's only capital at the beginning of a sentence, lol. :D

No one IS a pagan, they're something else that happens to be considered pagan by other religions. :D