• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Infinity vs God

King Phenomenon

I think science and religion has a huge similarity. That being infinity and God. Well minus all the rules from God of course. I view the physical aspect of God to be infinity, that's how I've always seen him. No wonder why there is all kinds of debates on the two.

Heyo

Veteran Member
There are no infinities in science because reality is finite. A theory that leads to infinities is considered incomplete.
Infinities exist in mathematics. Maths is the discipline that properly deals with infinities.

King Phenomenon

There are no infinities in science because reality is finite. A theory that leads to infinities is considered incomplete.
Infinities exist in mathematics. Maths is the discipline that properly deals with infinities.
No I'm aware that the infinite universe is an incomplete theory no pun intended. I just wanted to explain it in layman's terms

HonestJoe

I think science and religion has a huge similarity. That being infinity and God. Well minus all the rules from God of course.
I’m sorry but I think you’re mistaken on what science and/or religion actually are then. Science is an abstract concept that applies to a whole variety of methods, systems and procedures for studying and understanding things. Religion is countless sets of beliefs and practices followed by various groups of people. Science doesn’t implicitly relate to infinity and religion doesn’t implicitly relate to gods (and certainly not “God”).

I view the physical aspect of God to be infinity, that's how I've always seen him. No wonder why there is all kinds of debates on the two.
Well you’re perfectly entitled to your opinion but I don’t see that it has to do with science or religion. :cool:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Infinity vs God

First of all G-d is not physical. All physical and spiritual things are His creation. He is manifest by His attributes in absolute terms. Right?

Regards
[2:117]وَ قَالُوا اتَّخَذَ اللّٰہُ وَلَدًا ۙ سُبۡحٰنَہٗ ؕ بَلۡ لَّہٗ مَا فِی السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضِ ؕ کُلٌّ لَّہٗ قٰنِتُوۡنَ ﴿۱۱۷﴾
And they say, ‘Allah has taken to Himself a son.’ Holy is He! Nay, everything in the heavens and the earth belongs to Him. To Him are all obedient.
[2:118]بَدِیۡعُ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضِ ؕ وَ اِذَا قَضٰۤی اَمۡرًا فَاِنَّمَا یَقُوۡلُ لَہٗ کُنۡ فَیَکُوۡنُ ﴿۱۱۸﴾
He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a thing, He does only say to it, ‘Be!’ and it is.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 2: Al-Baqarah

[20:9]اَللّٰہُ لَاۤ اِلٰہَ اِلَّا ہُوَ ؕ لَہُ الۡاَسۡمَآءُ الۡحُسۡنٰی ﴿۹﴾
Allah — there is no God but He. His are the most beautiful names*.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 20: TaHa

*attributes

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Sure. God can be defined as that infinite being, the source of the universe, who has intellect. Thus how can we, the finite, ever comprehend the infinite?

night912

Sure. God can be defined as that infinite being, the source of the universe, who has intellect. Thus how can we, the finite, ever comprehend the infinite?
We can't. When we define, label, give description, attributes etc, about god, we are only using things such as ideas and concepts that we understand. We cannot say the; what, who, why, or how god(s) are/is. The only definite thing we can say is, "should/shouldn't" in accordance to how we understand ourselves(humanity). That's why we shouldn't think that we are able to comprehend god, whether it's knowing the existence/non-existence, attributes, intention, etc.