• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Infastructure Bill Signed, Now What

InChrist

Free4ever
So granting that for the sake of argument (FYI, economists are saying the opposite) what's your proposal? We just let our infrastructure continue to crumble? If that opinion piece were accurate, why did Trump make so many (unfulfilled) promises to fix the infrastructure?
Yes, infrastructure is important, but I am wondering how much of the 1.2 trillion is actually going to infrastructure, as well how long the country can continue bear increasing debt.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Yes, infrastructure is important, but I am wondering how much of the 1.2 trillion is actually going to infrastructure, as well how long the country can continue bear increasing debt.
So it seems you agree that it's important to upgrade, maintain, repair, and expand our infrastructure, which brings me back to my question....how specifically do you propose we pay for all that?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

InChrist

Free4ever
So it seems you agree that it's important to upgrade, maintain, repair, and expand our infrastructure, which brings me back to my question....how specifically do you propose we pay for all that?
I don’t know, but possibly eliminating all the wasteful spending would help.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
It's funny how American conservatives seem to be against taxes and against taking up debt to finance necessary expenses.

I would be very keen to know how they imagine a government ought to pay its bills.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think a great ticket would be Desantis for President and Niki Haley for Vice President.
However, if Trump wins the Republican primary I would vote for him vice any contender that the Dem's put forward.
It sure will not be Biden, maybe the Dems (and the Republicans) will get lucky and Hillary runs.
The Dem's do not have any viable canddiate at this time
Desantis has already shown he's no more morally fit for office than trump. Niki Haley would be a better nominee for president, even though she's made some pretty dubious statements over the years.

As far as democrats for president in another year the fallout from trump's poor pandemic management will be resolved and they can start being judged for their own policies.

And let's not forget what is coming down the pike for trump and other trump republicans legally.

We Never Know

No Slack

F1fan

Veteran Member
Its just crazy that all this infrastructure fell apart and needed repair right when Biden became president.
Or..
Its been falling apart for many years and prior presidents ignored it.

HmmI wonder which it is?
Problems all over the USA have been reported for decades. Trump even promised to invest in infrastructure. He even mentioned it in his inauguration speech. He just never made it a priority so it never got done. The same with the promise of a better healthcare solution. It never got done.

esmith

Veteran Member
Explain how you think the GOP offers the average citizen a better life. Give examples.
Obviously you are assuming that the GOP does not offer the average citizen a better life, so how about you giving examples why you don't think they don't.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Obviously you are assuming that the GOP does not offer the average citizen a better life, so how about you giving examples why you don't think they don't.
I asked you to explain your claim that the GOP offers the average citizen a better life. Apparently that stumped you.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
For all practical purpose, the Pubs now have a "heavenly" embrace with former KGB head Vladimir Putin, Trump's BFF who Trump repeatedly has praised. and some other historical thugs who were "strong leaders", to use Trump's own words for them.