• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ineraction with the Spirit world

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
How do you feel about interacting with the Spirit world, what are Spirits to you?
Guides?
Powers to be summoned?
Is it ok to ask favors of Spirits?

Just curious :oops:

wa:-do

anders

I do not believe in anything supernatural.

Except sub-atom physics.

And I decide myself what is natural, non- or super-.

If I were to encounter a spirit, I would assume that I had comsumed too much of them.

Anders

Runt

LOL Anders.

Painted Wolf-- I believe the world and the universe are far more complex than any of us comprehend.

I believe in the astral plane, which is one level above physical reality and one step below the vast pool of all knowing Consciousness that is God.

I believe that we exist simultaneously in all three levels of reality (physical, astral, and pure Consciousness/"Heaven") much as we stand in a pool with our feet on the ground, our legs and waist in the water, and with our head in the air. (Except our entire being exists in one or more levels: the Body purely in the physical, the Mind/Personality in the physical AND astral, and the Consciousness that is only part of the vast pool of Consciousness that is God in all three).

We know that in the physical we can actually sense animals, plants, and other organisms. Yet there may be (and probably are) entities on the physical plane we cannot sense, or that only some people can sense: faeries, nature spirits, ghosts, etc.

There may be entities existing only on the Astral Plane. If we were able to consciously "see" on the Astral plane (and I believe some people can), then we would be able to know for sure if there ARE other entities, and possibly even interact with them.

I believe some of these entities may communicate with us in our dreams, especially if we are unable to sense them in the physical world. We may not know that they are guiding us, but they very well may be.

I believe there are probably a wide variety of "other" entities.

There may be "ghosts" of the dead that are basically imprints of their personality/mind in the astral plane that leak into the physical. These are not actual conscious entities, but rather a sort of spiritual signature that can affect the physical world and the astral plane (though more strongly the astral plane).

There are guides that exist purely on the astral level but communicate with us in the physical when our minds are open to the astral plane. They are an entity equivalent to a human or another physical organism, but they are different. Part of the Consciousness that they contain may once have been a part of a physical organism, but these entities exist purely on the astral plane and have never been, in and of themselves, to the physical plane.

There may be nature entities that exist simultaneously on the physical and astral plane (like elementals) that we cannot sense as we would a regular organism because their nature blends in with that of the essense of mother earth. They are conscious, but in a way alien to us.

I believe it is okay to ask favors of these entities, and they may respond, but they also may NOT respond for a variety of reasons: they don't care about us, they see more of reality than us and thus their agenda does not correlate with ours, their consciousness is so utterly alien that they cannot comprehend our questions, or they simply do not hear.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The elders I have talked with have always told me that spirits are something to be careful with. As far as I know they are never summoned as this would be an insult to them. Spirits are welcomed if they come with good hearts, but if they come its of thier own choise. If a spirit offers help it does so agian of its own choise, and asking favors of the spirits is not often looked on as a good thing. They have things they need to do as much as we do and they are not ours to ask things of.
I have heard things from my pagan friends about summoning spirits and the like and just wanted to get a diffrent view point. Its one of those issues that makes my beliefs diffrent from other 'pagans'.

Master Vigil

I never call upon the spirits, they call upon me. Sometimes they do favors for me though, but only if they want to. It is always up to them.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Master Vigil- in responce to another post elcewhere.

As for dealing with spirits, this is a tricky subject.
Spirits are usually left alone, they are powerful beings and deserve the upmost respect...
Usually those who use spirits are thought of as "witches" (and I mean this in the anthropological sence as someone who uses their power to harm others.)
Sometimes the spirits want you to do certen things for them... Then it depends on the spirits you are dealing with... good or bad. Eaven 'good' spirits can be mean when you don't do something they want you to do...

Speak with them, Learn from them but do not play with them I guess is the best way I can sum up what I have learned from talking with others about it.

Master Vigil

I've been working with the spirit world for around 4 years now. And I've become quite friends with many of them. I think they picture me not as a human, but as a member of the spirit realm (being that my soul is half wolf spirit). And I am constantly in both worlds physical and spiritual. I am actually sort of a cop, detective, bounty hunter if you will, in the spirit world. When spirits are screwing up, I find them and I "fix" things. So as you can imagine I'm almost always on call. :)

And believe it or not, I've found that spirits are not good or evil like we think they are. They only try to survive. Its complicated, but I was just wondering how the native american viewed this subject. I studied some shamanism a while ago, but never liked it much because what I do, is not like what they teach. So I was just wondering about your ideas. Thanks alot and I hope to have wonderful discussions about this in the future. :)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
good and evil are in general subjective terms...
Most spirits are neither one nor the other... but there are some that are evil...

Ice Heart (euphamism used for my bennifit ) for one is well known by many tribes to be classicly evil...
I've run into this particular type and they are quite nasty... they specialize in corruption.. turning people agaisnt thier own beliefs and encourageing them to acts of maliciousness and blasphemously...

Fourtunatly for me I'm a woman and Ice Hart is especally weak to womens medicine.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
different variations on the 'Ice heart' can be found all over. But the type I ran into is associated with the parts of the country that have snow and ice in the winter...

I hope you don't meet one... I certenly never want to see another one. I'm lucky I'm a woman or I could have been in big truble...

Master Vigil

Being that I "fix" spirits who are "bad" in the spirit realm, alot of them don't like me. So often times, especially during full moons when I'm most in the their world, they try to kill me. Luckily I have many more spirits who do like me, and they protect me and I've developed ways of defending against them.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
heh... I don't think you could 'fix' these ones... and they arn't just in the spirit realm... the one I saw was right with me in the real world... I've never been in the 'spirit realm'...

Runt

I don't know... it seems kind of disrespectful to try to change something's nature, to "fix" it... as if we humans know best about how something that is NOT human should be. I'd be frightened if the spirits suddenly came into my world with the intention of wanting to "fix" me...

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
if by 'fixed' you mean distroyed then yes, Ice Heart can be 'fixed'... I've never heard on anyone doing so in recent memory...

I have to agree with Runt on this one... I'd also hate to be 'fixed' because I'm not quite what others think I should be.

Master Vigil

I always quote it because its the only word I can think of that fits the description of what I do. Like physical beings, they can go against the tao, or against nature. I am able, not by my own discretion, but the discretion of the spirits, help make things run smoother. And sometimes there are "wars" (again lack of better word) in the spirit realm that I help settle and stuff. Its hard to explain.

Master Vigil

Spirits are just as selfish and egotistical as we are. Sometimes they don't want to do stuff, like stay in trees. And then intrude on other spirits ground, and then they start fighting, and then.... And thats where I come in. :)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
so your a bit of a 'spirit coyboy'?
you round up spirits that have gotten adventurous and stick them back in their pens?

Master Vigil

haha... not really. That makes it sound wrong. More of a cop, or detective. Something like that. I don't control them, and keep them penned up. I just let the spirits work easier and keep them from imbalance.