• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inequality: Blue or Red States

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thanks for your perspective. Yes, there was focus on California. There’s plenty of money in California, too, which could be used by those to practice what they say they believe about equality. There are so many homeless and poverty stricken people in California now.
You know that Democrats will never ever help those people and eliminate the problem. Ever.

Same goes for Republicans, but it's a non issue in California since Republicans dont rule there.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
That change was part of a suite of housing production bills Newsom signed into law on Thursday, continuing a years-long trend of California pushing forward as one of the few states attempting to tackle the housing supply crisis.
I grew up in single family housing in Virginia. There's nothing as great as a home like that, unless you have a bigger one. There is always the risk that the price could drop beneath the debt invested in the house. That creates a real fear that you will be unable to afford the house that you live in. I suspect that fear is tripled in California where everybody knows that the prices are ridiculous. There must be a constant gnawing knowledge that your house is overpriced, a sort of imposter syndrome.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Lets see, to mention but a few; Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, guaranteed health care, end forced segregation, Affirmative Action, SNAP.
But Jesus should be against those things, no?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lets see, to mention but a few; Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, guaranteed health care, end forced segregation, Affirmative Action, SNAP.
Some of those aren't subject to state control, eg, Social Security.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There must be a constant gnawing knowledge that your house is overpriced, a sort of imposter syndrome.

Not for me given how long we've owned our home. My reaction is that the crazy prices and wild price swings are not meaningful outside of being a source of cash should we ever need it. This is what Zillow has to say about the estimated value of house I live in:

Capture.PNG

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Are Democrats or Republicans fueling inequality?

“What do Democrats actually do when they have all the power?" Times video journalist Johnny Harris asked at the outset of an opinion video posted by the paper last week.

Harris teamed up with Times editorial board writer Binyamin Appelbaum to examine why famously liberal states — such as New York, California, and Washington — struggle to advance the progressive policies despite little to no Republican opposition.

They focused on three core initiatives of the Democratic Party platform: affordable housing, economic equality, and educational opportunity. And in the end, they discovered that "liberal hypocrisy," not Republican opposition, "is fueling American inequality" and that things are actually much worse in blue states than they are in red.”
NY Times journalists explore what happens when Democrats have all the power, find out 'blue states are the problem'
So, you ask a question and then answer it in the same post?

Secondly, I think any objective person is well aware of who's really spouting the most hypocrisy, and that's the party that has overwhelmingly supported the attempt by a former president to overturn an election.

Thirdly, that same former president in no way reflects even the most basic Judeo-Christian teachings, thus it begs the question why any professed Christian would at this time support him? Since when is materialism, hedonism, mysogyny, racism, and blatant dishonesty for starters reflect Christian values?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Last week I watched most of that video. Most of it was about California. The trouble in California was that homeowners kept voting for resolutions which undermined attempts to allow for more home building. He pointed out that this seemed hypocritical since California was a heavily democrat state.

I'd say it was inconclusive about which politicians were more hypocritical, however as a wake up call to Californians I'd say it was important journalism.
That is definitely an issue. In the Central Valley people keep fighting it. We need more housing, but people are against it. (This is also Red California).

InChrist

Free4ever
So, you ask a question and then answer it in the same post?

Secondly, I think any objective person is well aware of who's really spouting the most hypocrisy, and that's the party that has overwhelmingly supported the attempt by a former president to overturn an election.

Thirdly, that same former president in no way reflects even the most basic Judeo-Christian teachings, thus it begs the question why any professed Christian would at this time support him? Since when is materialism, hedonism, mysogyny, racism, and blatant dishonesty for starters reflect Christian values?
Why are you taking about the former president?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why are you taking about the former president?
Because the main opposition to the "left" is the blind following of the "right" under Trump. OTOH, I have no problem whatsoever with those whom are independents, but your posts do not reflect that position.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
More importantly, the overwhelming majority of "red" states in the US consist of sparsely populated rural areas with underfunded infrastructure and massive unemployment.
Actually most red states have ample employment and a reasonable infrastructure.

Dunno where 'massive' sets in.

Maybe thinking Blue states like California homeless and New Yorks poor?