• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

INDISPUTABLE Rational Proof That God Exists (Or Existed)

RogerTheAtheist

A born-again freethinker
It's not known whether or not physical existence had a beginning; if the laws of conservation have always applied, then the total energy and matter of all universes (however many there are including one if this is it) or of individual universes -- depending on how it applies and whether or not multiple universes are connected if others exist -- wasn't created and will always exist. Furthermore, saying that everything except god requires a cause is special pleading. Lastly, inserting god where there is lack of knowledge is god of the gaps; you have to demonstrate that this god exists and is a cause rather than just assert it.

F0uad

How can something exist before time?
The term 'before' requires 'time' to be a meaningful word. If you don't have 'time', you can't have a 'before'.

I can ask the same question then how can the bang occur?

Maybe its beyond your comprehension but even time fluxes in temporal space are out the time-boundaries we live in so its not really that special.
Even scientist agree that the Bang created time so i am not sure how you can't understand?

Surely the creator of the Bang and the things that happened before it has to live outside of this time-line to make such creations in the first place.

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
Whether God is an all-knowing being, or a thoughtless being non-existent anymore, something had to start the first thing, the first science, and science cannot and will not ever explain the start of science, just as something cannot create itself. Before anything, there was nothing. Something transcendent, existent before anything, had to create the first something. That, we call God.

The "start of science" was the curiosity of man in relation to his surroundings.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I can ask the same question then how can the bang occur?

Maybe its beyond your comprehension but even time fluxes in temporal space are out the time-boundaries we live in so its not really that special.
Even scientist agree that the Bang created time so i am not sure how you can't understand?

I would like to know your source for the bolded part.

Surely the creator of the Bang and the things that happened before it has to live outside of this time-line to make such creations in the first place.

Outside of this time-line rather than outside of any time-line?

mayuboar

its beyond our understanding so why try to understand it knowing that it is beyond us.
Its like walking out your door right now and embarking on a journey knowing full well you will never arrive at your destination, pointless.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Whether God is an all-knowing being, or a thoughtless being non-existent anymore, something had to start the first thing, the first science, and science cannot and will not ever explain the start of science, just as something cannot create itself. Before anything, there was nothing. Something transcendent, existent before anything, had to create the first something. That, we call God.

"Indisputable" and "rational" are actual words that have official definitions. I suggest you familiarize yourself with them before attempting their use again.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
its beyond our understanding so why try to understand it knowing that it is beyond us.

Maybe to get beyond outselves (?)

Its like walking out your door right now and embarking on a journey knowing full well you will never arrive at your destination, pointless.

Have you ever taken a journey like that? If not, you should try it. :yes:

You never know what you'll find, or what you'll find out about yourself.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
"Indisputable" and "rational" are actual words that have official definitions. I suggest you familiarize yourself with them before attempting their use again.

He should also familiarize himself with the definitions of the words "proof" and "God".

Yusz

Exorcist and Mystical
I'm still waiting, God make an announcement, 'Hey I'm here, and I'm your God, bow to me now' problem solved!... which is not gonna happen :D ... well, we were born to choose anyway :yes: .. Debate about this, is endless

Last edited:

The Neo Nerd

I love it when a theist comes in full of their own awesomeness and get shot down within the first 2 posts.

I would frubal Falv, but i need to frubal others before i can give her more.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yawn. First cause arguments have been around forever, and they've never been particularly convincing, let alone indisputable. For one thing, if everything needs a cause, then wouldn't God require a cause as well? And if you propose that God is an exception, that means exceptions are allowed, so why not just make things simpler and claim that the Universe is an exception to things requiring causes?

There's also always the strange conclusion, that doesn't follow from any of the previous premises, that we should just call this first cause "God". Why? What if the first cause was just some random quantum mechanic event. Why do we call that God? Should that really be considered God?

Oh, and P.S., humans started science. And last I checked, we ain't gods.

Before thinking about the harder,lets think about the simpler.

How we did exist from nothing.

You may say,no we know that we came from our mothers womb.

But did we realy came first from the womb ?

No,we came from the sperm and ovum.

Now everyday there are millions of sperms for each ejaculation which is by itself is just cells and not considered a living thing.

Now the fact that we came to life without the ability to produce sperms which only start to happen in puberty.

So all of a sudden everything is ready for the shoot.

Production of sperm by the testicles
strong erection and suitable penis length
vague pleasure which drive men to acheive the planned proccess of reproduction.

Did our firsr ancestors came without the need for such complex proccess,since even the born baby if left alone without care,then of course he'll die and if we put one female baby beside a male baby and left them,then both will die.

So talking about unconcious nature and that silly explanation about random mutation and natural selection and chances looks silly IMHO.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The OP, as others pointed out quite properly, makes the assumption that existence must have a cause worth of a name.

Such an assumption is simply not warranted. Existence is. Maybe it had a cause, but that is an arbitrary premise that no one has to accept.

Even when it is accepted, it is still just a premise, not an explanation. As also pointed out already, "There is a Creator God" is hardly a needed and clarifying explanation, because it does not explain how God himself came to be. It is an appeal to exception, and one that would work better if applied to existence directly instead of to God.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Before thinking about the harder,lets think about the simpler.

How we did exist from nothing.

You may say,no we know that we came from our mothers womb.

But did we realy came first from the womb ?

No,we came from the sperm and ovum.

Now everyday there are millions of sperms for each ejaculation which is by itself is just cells and not considered a living thing.

Now the fact that we came to life without the ability to produce sperms which only start to happen in puberty.

So all of a sudden everything is ready for the shoot.

Production of sperm by the testicles
strong erection and suitable penis length
vague pleasure which drive men to acheive the planned proccess of reproduction.

Did our firsr ancestors came without the need for such complex proccess,since even the born baby if left alone without care,then of course he'll die and if we put one female baby beside a male baby and left them,then both will die.

So talking about unconcious nature and that silly explanation about random mutation and natural selection and chances looks silly IMHO.
God of the gaps or argumentum incredulity?

Last edited by a moderator:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
The really funny thing about it all is that no matter what, theists are always stuck on where their god came from.
Now most simply dismiss the problem by making an exception for their favored deity, but the second they make their favored deity an exception, they open the door for other exceptions.
And try as they will, they are unable to stifle the exception loophole, for without the exception loophole, their favored deity is lost in infinity.

Kemble

How come when someone creates a "100% proof that God Exists!!!!" thread the arguments are either 1) a couple of verses from the Koran

You must have missed it. The Koran (pbui) has just recently been peer-reviewed and accepted as a standard text in Cambridge's graduate history and science courses. You need to get with the program.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
You must have missed it. The Koran (pbui) has just recently been peer-reviewed and accepted as a standard text in Cambridge's graduate history and science courses. You need to get with the program.
Source?

Edit:
Never mind. (Missed to obvious satire)

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Considering that his listed religion is "Temple of the Vampire", I don't think he is likely to believe in the Quran as word of God. Islam isn't quite that liberal, far as I know.