• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

India's Muslim artists

ronki23

Firstly, Mods can move this thread to the appropriate location if they feel its in the wrong area.

Today's India has irreplaceable Muslim actors like Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Amir Khan. But even before this we had the likes of Talat Mehmood, Muhammed Rafi and Dilip Kumar.

I'm sure @Aupmanyav knows more than me about Muslim musicians and artists of yesteryear. Much better than what we get today.

Proof I don't hate Islam

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Today's India has irreplaceable Muslim actors like Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Amir Khan. But even before this we had the likes of Talat Mehmood, Muhammed Rafi and Dilip Kumar.

I'm sure @Aupmanyav knows more than me about Muslim musicians and artists of yesteryear. Much better than what we get today.

Proof I don't hate Islam
Yeah, Dilip was and Amir is a wonderful actor, I am not so enamored of Shahrukh, Salman or Saif. So were Meena Kumari, Madhubala and more recently Shabana Azmi. As for musicians and singers, Ustad Bismillah Khan, Naushad, Rafi and Talat among many others are on my top list. I respect the first two not just because of their music but for their views on Hindu-Muslim unity. Also Ustad Allarakha Khan, Bade Ghulam Ali Khan, Amjad Ali Khan (Sarod), Amjad Khan (Tabla). Then there were lyricists like Sahir Ludhianvi, Shakeel Badayuni, Hasrat Jaipuri, Kaifi Azmi. Indian music is not complete without them. I too have no hatred of Muslims other than for those who participate in anti-national activities. If someone is anti-national, then it does not matter if the person is a Hindu, Muslims, Sikh or Christian. I will hate them all.

There is no religious divide in music, poetry and sports. We had Nari Contractor, Poly Umrigar (Zoroastrian), Ghulam Ahmad, Mansoor Ali Khan, Nawab of Pataudi (Saif's father), Bishan Singh Bedi as captains of Indian cricket team. Then, Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi in Tennis, Mary Kom in boxing and Anju Bobby George in athletics.

Last edited: