• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

India's chances at the 2020 Olympics

ronki23

This year looks like the year that India can bag a few gold medals at the Olympics. I am hoping they get at least 2 gold medals in wrestling and a gold in boxing. Ideally India gets 3 in wrestling and 2 in boxing.

Here are the prospective winners:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I don't know enough about shooting but if India wins at least one gold in shooting then their medal haul can range from 4 golds to 10.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This year looks like the year that India can bag a few gold medals at the Olympics. I am hoping they get at least 2 gold medals in wrestling and a gold in boxing. Ideally India gets 3 in wrestling and 2 in boxing.

Here are the prospective winners:

View attachment 52751

View attachment 52752

I don't know enough about shooting but if India wins at least one gold in shooting then their medal haul can range from 4 golds to 10.
No doubt India could use some moral boosting.

Best of luck for all gold medal aspirants.

ronki23

No doubt India could use some moral boosting.

Best of luck for all gold medal aspirants.

I don't know about Shooting but India seems to be underperforming there as they often come away with medals.

I hope India wins one gold in boxing and two golds in wrestling

ronki23

India's last chance at a shooting medal is tomorrow.

India's Lovlina Boroghain is guaranteed at least a bronze in women's boxing.

Wrestling begins on August 3

ajay0

India has won a record 8 olympic hockey golds in the Olympics and some olympic medals in boxing, wrestling, shooting, badminton, tennis, and so on. They have also produced world champions in these above mentioned sports as well as gymnastics, archery, karate, kickboxing as well as the non-olympic sports of cricket and polo.

Indian hockey player Dhyan Chand is considered the greatest hockey player of all time world-wide.

India has also produced both male and female world chess champions. Vishwanathan Anand is a five time world champion in chess, a game which had originated in India.

The Indian team had also won the 2020 chess olympiad.

Pankaj Advani is a 23 time world champion in amateur world billiards and snooker championships.

Indians are however more interested in their own traditional sports like Kabaddi, Circle Kho-kho and martial arts like Kalaripayattu, Mardaani Khel, Gatka, Silambam, Thangta, Lathi, Musti Yuddha, Kushti, Malla-yuddha, Kuttu Varisai and so on.

These had a great influence on other martial arts throughout the world.

The martial arts have played a prominent role in the ancient Indian scriptures. The archery contest between Karna and Arjuna in the Mahabharatha, and the mace fight between Duryodhana and Bheema, as well as the wrestling contest between Bheema and Jarasandha are the stuff of legends. They have a lot of interesting insights into the nature of sports, and actualisation of human potential.

Both the Avatars Rama and Krishna were excellent martial artists, while Hanuman is considered to be the patron god of wrestling and acrobatics.

Hatha yoga is an Indian physical exercise system which is now very popular globally.

Because of the focus on traditional sports and momentum of many milleniums, olympic sports have not made much leeway into the Indian mind as such. However Indians have excelled in non-Indian sports like cricket, badminton, tennis so there is increasing interest in more world sports.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
India has won a record 8 olympic hockey golds in the Olympics and some olympic medals in boxing, wrestling, shooting, badminton, tennis, and so on. They have also produced world champions in these above mentioned sports as well as gymnastics, archery, karate, kickboxing as well as the non-olympic sports of cricket and polo.

Indian hockey player Dhyan Chand is considered the greatest hockey player of all time world-wide.

India has also produced both male and female world chess champions. Vishwanathan Anand is a five time world champion in chess, a game which had originated in India.

Pankaj Advani is a 23 time world champion in amateur world billiards and snooker championships.

Indians are however more interested in their own traditional sports like Kabaddi, Circle Kho-kho and martial arts like Kalaripayattu, Mardaani Khel, Gatka, Silambam, Thangta, Lathi, Musti Yuddha, Kushti, Malla-yuddha, Kuttu Varisai and so on.

The martial arts have played a prominent role in the ancient Indian scriptures. The archery contest between Karna and Arjuna in the Mahabharatha, and the mace fight between Duryodhana and Bheema, as well as the wrestling contest between Bheema and Jarasandha are the stuff of legends. They have a lot of interesting insights into the nature of sports, and actualisation of human potential.

Both the Avatars Rama and Krishna were excellent martial artists, while Hanuman is considered to be the patron god of wrestling and acrobatics.

Hatha yoga is an Indian physical exercise system which is now very popular globally.

Because of the focus on traditional sports and momentum of many milleniums, olympic sports have not made much leeway into the Indian mind as such. However Indians have excelled in non-Indian sports like cricket, badminton, tennis so there is increasing interest in more world sports.
According to Revoltistanian history courses...
India introduced both cricket & cooking to England.
England wouldn't be civilized without Indian influence.
And India saved Royal Enfield.

ronki23

Kickboxing isn't an Olympic sport: I used to kickbox and there are 4 governing bodies: WAKO, ISKA,WKU and IKF. While WAKO is recognised by the Olympics, the other 3 are more prestigious

ronki23

India won a bronze in boxing which I'm happy about but it's still unperforming.

I'm now hoping for 3 golds in wrestling: 4 potential gold medallists are in the mix. The other 3 can go into repechange.

ronki23

Kickboxing isn't an Olympic sport: I used to kickbox and there are 4 governing bodies: WAKO, ISKA,WKU and IKF. While WAKO is recognised by the Olympics, the other 3 are more prestigious

I misread about kickboxing. It doesn't deserve Olympic recognition: karate is better for the Olympics because WKF Olympic karate recognises 5 out of 7 styles: Shotokan, Wado Ryu, Sheeto Ryu, Shorin Ryu and Goju Ryu. The other 2 styles are Uechi Ryu and Kyokushin

Even karate is still too similar too taekwondo to be a permanent Olympic sport so that's why I'd rather kickboxing not be there

Last edited:

ronki23

Whether Bajrang Punia wins the bronze in wrestling tomorrow or not, this will be India's second best Olympics after London 2012.

ronki23

Congratulations to India for winning 1 gold, 2 silver and 4 bronze. This is their best ever performance