• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indian mixed pickle

Yerda

Veteran Member
So I've went from, 'haha this tastes like washing up liquid with chunky bits', to, 'I wonder where I can get some more at 3am'.

What is it that makes it so adictive? It's saltier than the ocean, more bitter than an old Trot, spicy as hell and has so many overpowering flavours that it disorientates me. It frankly shouldn't be edible. I can't stop eating it.

Anyway, I'm going to make my own. This recipe looks good: Pickled Vegetables - Indian Mixed Vegetable Pickle | THE CURRY GUY

I also would appreciate recommedations for things to eat it with. I've stirred a little bit into a curry and it worked some kind of magic on it and I'd like to stop eating it from the jar all the time. Though I won't.

Also, will I die if I run out? These cravings are intense.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So I've went from, 'haha this tastes like washing up liquid with chunky bits', to, 'I wonder where I can get some more at 3am'.

What is it that makes it so adictive? It's saltier than the ocean, more bitter than an old Trot, spicy as hell and has so many overpowering flavours that it disorientates me. It frankly shouldn't be edible. I can't stop eating it.

Anyway, I'm going to make my own. This recipe looks good: Pickled Vegetables - Indian Mixed Vegetable Pickle | THE CURRY GUY

I also would appreciate recommedations for things to eat it with. I've stirred a little bit into a curry and it worked some kind of magic on it and I'd like to stop eating it from the jar all the time. Though I won't.

I will often toss some on top of rice, or pasta, or potato. It's also valuable to shop around for different brands. Some are oilier, hotter, etc. We are also addicted here to mango pickle.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I love mango pickle, the hotter the better, but it can be too salty and I have to watch my salt

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

I have bought pickled mixed vegetable many times, but what I can't find is pickled tamarind, which I love!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I would love to make mango pickle, but I can't find any green mangoes... everything is already very ripe when you buy it here. Even the Indian grocers don't seem to have it... perhaps it ripens on the trip, as you're not going to find mango trees in this region.

I've made chili pickle before. It was really good. Took 9 days, some of that in the spring sun(think if I did it again, I'd wait for summer). My son, who would normally not like such a thing, ate it up because he was fascinated with the process.

The recipe looks really good, @Jaiket