• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indian couple sue son and his wife, demanding grandchildren

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah, it is mandated by law. They cannot shirk the responsibility. The father is not supposed to mow the lawn unless he so desires.
That was a bit of a joke from an American perspective. Kids would get an allowance when growing up and the father would often ask them if they did specific chores. I did not really think that it would work the other way around. Americans would have got it, but I do not expect others to.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That was a bit of a joke from an American perspective. Kids would get an allowance when growing up and the father would often ask them if they did specific chores.
Lollipops are given to children in all cultures. It may not be as busineess-like as in the US. I supported my son till he was 30, now he supports me. Of course, he gets part of what I own to pass on to his sons. My daughter's needs are less than his, so he gets a bigger share - need-based distribution). Cycle complete. We do not take anything with us when we die.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Lollipops are given to children in all cultures. It may not be as busineess-like as in the US. I supported my son till he was 30, now he supports me. Of course, he gets part of what I own to pass on to his sons. My daughter's needs are less than his, so he gets a bigger share - need-based distribution). Cycle complete. We do not take anything with us when we die.
Yeah, that sometimes happens here still. When my Dad had an accident that put him in a nursing home I supplemented his care for ten years. About 3 or 4 hours a day, every day, unless I was ill. The care at such places are usually not up to par so help makes a big difference. My mother broke her hip and for the last year of her life I moved out of my house, I still owned it, and took care of her. I would leave her every day to take care of my Dad too. So I was doing twentyfour hour a day care for a while. Family is better than government.