• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

India takes a bold step

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I wish you all the best. You’re a smart man. I’m sure you know what to do.
Are you in an urban or rural environment ?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You’re a smart man. I’m sure you know what to do.
Are you in an urban or rural environment ?
:) Not much really. We are fortunate to have a strong and wise Prime Minister in Narendra Modi.
I am in Delhi, one of the 30 million in the city.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
IMHO lockdown is not going to work in India, it seems more people will die of starvation than die of the virus, what do you think Aupmanyav??

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't know how completely India is testing people. But given the US's totally terrible fumbling of that simple task, I do have to wonder.

But whatever the true number is, I wish India well.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Complete Lock-down in 90% of India for 21 days.
Till April 14.

We can go out only from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. to get supplies.
Various steps to help business and poor people.
If everyone goes out at the same time that would cause major crowds at those times wouldn't it?

It's hard for me to imagine the ripple effects on India with its dramatic teeming streets and hectic commerce. I live in suburban America and can kind of grasp how things still work.

And what if the virus likely only ramps up after 21 days (considering it's quite rare now in India).

I just have a hard time seeing the Lock-down end strategy for this in India and America.

How much economic setback can India accept? Won't it be the poorest as usual that will feel it and suffer the most?

Rational Agnostic

Complete Lock-down in 90% of India for 21 days.
Till April 14.

We can go out only from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. to get supplies.
Various steps to help business and poor people.

Crowd all grocery stores during a three-hour window every day so there's not even breathing room? Brilliant leadership there (sarcasm).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
IMHO lock-down is not going to work in India, it seems more people will die of starvation than die of the virus, what do you think Aupmanyav??
That brought on the 22-day lock-down, covering hundreds of cities and some 500,000 villages. Governments (National and State) will provide food and money to many (we are not short of food). If the situation worsens, then, we may not be able to handle it like in China. China had the problem in one province. We have the problem in nearly all states due to people returning from other countries and tourists who have come in. It is a dangerous situation, and the Corona fighters are doing an excellent job. Let us see how it develops.
Crowd all grocery stores during a three-hour window every day so there's not even breathing room? Brilliant leadership there (sarcasm).
No. The rules are no crowding, not more than five people at the shop, they have to be at a reasonable 5-6 ft away from the counter (they have put barriers). The shop-keepers will be afraid of their own lives and will follow the rules.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But whatever the true number is, I wish India well.
We believe the government and a very active media are reporting correctly. We know by the hour the number of confirmed and suspected people, Indian and foreign separately, which city or area, deaths. Indians arriving from other countries and where they have been quarantined. India has moved out of dark-ages, if you know, and is the biggest market for TVs and mobile phones. Even the villagers know what is happening where.
How much economic setback can India accept? Won't it be the poorest as usual that will feel it and suffer the most?
Generally, the incubation period is 14 days, that is why a 21-day lock-down.
Whatever economic cost we will have, we will have to bear like all other countries. Otherwise it will be both, economic costs as well as deaths. There is no escape from the dilemma.
India doesn't have many large supermarkets. More small shops and street vendors.
See them when you come to India. They may not be as large as in other countries, but they are numerous along with the smaller retail shops.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We learn.
iu
iu
iu
iu

We learnt when agricultural crop info and market situation was available on internet, we learnt when electronic payments came, we learnt when children were not able to go to school, we managed lessons on internet. Learning is a life-long occupation. Life is facing situations as they arise.

Last edited:

MNoBody

looks like this exercise is a great way to instill trust and familiarity between people...what a great way to unite the disparate family of man [heavy sarcasm]

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You are welcome to your sarcasm, but we generally do succeed against problems, whether it is a communal riot, or floods or disease. Yeah, we have great variety, religion, ethnic, linguistic. Even people who have not stepped beyond stone age. Is that a problem? Certainly not. We delight in our diversity.

Shad

Veteran Member
It seems India has been doing something right all along. In a nation of 1.3 billion there are slightly less than 600 cases of Coronavirus. What does India know and do that the West doesn’t?

Chinese workers are not cheaper than the native Indian work force.

Yazata

I like the idea of marks on the street to separate people who are standing in line. The US where I live should copy it.

India impresses me sometimes. (The world's largest democracy.)

Stay well India.

Shad

Veteran Member

Indian and China are in competition for outsourcing of Western industry. Both have cheap wage work forces. Ergo less visa workers carrying the virus as India does not need cheap Chinese labour

Why do you think Italy was hit so hard in a specific area? Northern Italy is it's textile industry center which employs tens of thousands of Chinese visa workers many of which returned from Chinese New Years on Jan 25. India does not have such dependencies on foreign workers from China. More so Italy was pressured by the CCP by pulling PC babble like hug a Chinese person stunts.... Think about it. Indian isn't driven politically by PC and diversity babble. Half the EU is.

Last edited: