• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

India : Sanctions on Russia? R U Kidding?

JIMMY12345

A friend invited me to his Indian wedding.It was to some extent arranged.But the planets twirled in favorable agreement.The delighted parents gave the rubber stamp of approval.
At the wedding it was explained to me. Just sometimes the parents of the boy or girl who was proposed to might not be considered a suitable match.Herein a problem.How to gracefully decline without giving offence?
Easy .Everyone has to do an astrological chart.If the planets do not align.Skip it.

India needs oil.Europe needs oil.Both need time to phase out. (to the probable displeasure of Arab states who are cursing Putin).Also India has to face down China.It needs temporarily Russian hardware.The current situation is also exceptionally helpful.In the future Russia is a potential deadly rival threat.Its now getting badly clobbered internally and internationally by Putin's own goal.Indian sanctions on Russia?.
The planets do not align.

Do you still seriously want India to lift sanctions on Russia?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
A friend invited me to his Indian wedding.It was to some extent arranged.But the planets twirled in favorable agreement.The delighted parents gave the rubber stamp of approval.
At the wedding it was explained to me. Just sometimes the parents of the boy or girl who was proposed to might not be considered a suitable match.Herein a problem.How to gracefully decline without giving offence?
Easy .Everyone has to do an astrological chart.If the planets do not align.Skip it.

India needs oil.Europe needs oil.Both need time to phase out. (to the probable displeasure of Arab states who are cursing Putin).Also India has to face down China.It needs temporarily Russian hardware.The current situation is also exceptionally helpful.In the future Russia is a potential deadly rival threat.Its now getting badly clobbered internally and internationally by Putin's own goal.Indian sanctions on Russia?.
The planets do not align.

Do you still seriously want India to lift sanctions on Russia?
It's what happens when one nation becomes dependent on another. Assuming India has any ongoing sanctions.

JIMMY12345

what sanctions did India push on Russia? AFAIK none.
True but its not just India.The Arab states are most upset with Putin.
1- If food shortages occur in Egypt etc this could trigger an Arab spring in country's leading to instability and changed leaderships.
2-If Putin takes Ukraine the Arab states will face more instability.Other countries in the Middle East will be tempted to follow suit.Nation sovereignty must be maintained internationally.
3-The Arab states are have massive projects planned in the next 10 years .This will help their citizens and keep them in power.Putin's illegal invasion means the world is moving away from oil more quickly.It is also means there plans are shattered.

I disagree with one of the posts who defended in part the spokeswoman.However this is your right and I am glad you feel able to voice your feelings on this forum and did so as debate is good.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
In the future Russia is a potential deadly rival threat.Its now getting badly clobbered internally and internationally by Putin's own goal.
Indian sanctions on Russia? Do you still seriously want India to lift sanctions on Russia?
Russia is not a deadly rival for India, it may be so for the West. For India, Russia is an old friend.
The West also is a friend. So we have to walk a tight rope. West understands India's situation and makes provisions for it.
We are not in sanctions game. Our stand is clear. War can end only with talks. Sending arms to Ukraine is putting fuel in the fire and will result in destruction in Ukraine, and Allah be merciful, something even worse.

Last edited: