• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

India out for 36

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, India’s worst test innings. Australia are a very strong side on their home territory.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Ah, the news page has updated. Looks like Australia won. When I first linked the page Australia still had to make 90 runs.

It's only the first test though. Perhaps India will have a better time next round.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That article might as well be written in a foreign language. I don't know what those terms mean. I assume it's about cricket.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
That article might as well be written in a foreign language. I don't know what those terms mean. I assume it's about cricket.
Test cricket specifically. India and Australia are playing a series and India lost the first game scoring only 36 runs on their second innings. India's worst result in a test ever.

Although New Zealand still retains the dubious distinction for worst result by any team: 26 runs against England in 1955.

Last edited:

ajay0

India had defeated Australia in their last test series in Australia (2018) and was looking to repeat the past achievement.

India had a test lead of 54 runs in the first innings and had the advantage initially and seemed set for a win. But the batting collapse along with ace striker Muhammad Shami's injury during batting compounded the issue. Shami is a world-class attacking fast bowler and in his presence India could have made a match of it in the second innings on a fast bowling pitch and maybe even win the match.

With captain Virat Kohli leaving on paternity leave, I don't think this young and inexperienced team stands much of a chance in the next three tests to win the test series again. The experience however will serve them good later on.

Personally, I am glad that the series will help Cricket Australia to tide over their glaring financial issues due to the covid outbreak which cancelled many events this year.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
I do wish Kohli and his family all the best, and I hope Shami recovers soon. I have read reports stating he'll miss the rest of the series.

As far as the trophy goes, it has spent time enough in India. :D

ajay0

India has made a remarkable turnaround. Winning and drawing the next two matches, and finally won the last match.

They have won the series 2-1, and retains the Border-Gavaskar trophy.

This is a repeat of their achievement in 2018 where they defeated Australia 2-1 at home in the test series.

Rishabh Pant is the man of the match, while Pat Cummins is named the man of the series.

ajay0

Shane Warne Faces The Heat For Suggesting Australia ‘Rip The Helmet Off’ Cheteshwar Pujara On Commentary

Shane Warne is in the news again for his comments to rip off Indian batsman Cheteshwara Pujara's helmet off with fast bowling. The Australian fast bowlers had peppered Pujara with short-pitched balls and bodyline tactics, resulting in a lot of nasty blows on Pujara's helmet, body and fingers.

To Pujara's credit, he took on the relentless pounding on his body stoically, and set the foundation for the other batsmen to go for victory in the final overs to ensure a 2-1 victory for India.

Warne's comments did not go well with the viewers who found it insensitive considering Phil Hughes death in 2014 after being hit by a cricket ball on the head bowled by a fast bowler.

ajay0

IND v AUS 2021: “That’s one of the best series win I can ever remember on Australian soil” – Shane Warne

To Shane Warne's credit however, he has subsequently praised India for its victory over Australia, and called the series win as the best series win ever recorded on Australian soil.

He praised the Indian teams mental strength on staging a comeback after a huge loss in the first test match along with multiple injuries to its leading players and absence of its captain Virat Kohli, who is considered the best batsman in the world, and who let the team to victory in 2018 over Australia.

“No global sport gives you what we just witnessed over the last 2 months” – Shane Warne