• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

India: Muslim Teenager in UP Arrested Under 'Love Jihad' Law for Walking With a Hindu Friend

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Although I can understand very well that let's say a Sufi father would object to his daughter marrying to an evangelical dogmatic type of Christian or a fundamentalist Muslim, I object strongly to laws that obstruct or try to discourage inter-religious or intercultural marriages.

To me that sounds like the caste mentalitity and it reeks of the same type of fundamentalism (religious fascism) you can find in countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. India is definitely going down the wrong path at present.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
I object strongly to laws that obstruct or try to discourage inter-religious or intercultural marriages.

To me that sounds like the caste mentalitity and it reeks of the same type of fundamentalism (religious fascism) you can find in countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. India is definitely going down the wrong path at present.

We have to understand and be aware of what the real problem is. This is not something silly like a dad disapproving of their child marrying someone they dislike. It is not about "other ethnicities" It is about the country's safety.

Islam is a political religion and an EXCEPTION. How much do you know about Ghazwa-e-Hind ? The muslim attempts to Islamize India (Hind desh, i.e. Bharat) for 1400 years, and bring Sharia. How fair is that?

Gazwa-e-Hind.png

Last edited:

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Just to clarify -- the post above is certainly (obviously? ) not referring to the generally peaceful Indians who happen to be Muslims (either because their forefathers converted or by themselves).

Those are simply good citizens that want nothing to do with such ideas, and are very much a part of the Indian culture. The topic in the post above will not cross anyone's mind for these people.

India remains secular and is home to those who live in healthy and best interests of the country rather than against it.

The youth are to be protected as they are vulnerable and unfortunately targeted by outside radical Islamic forces (typically in Pakistan) who brainwash them to follow their ideals against the welfare of the country in which the youth live.

I thought this clarification was better than assuming it is not needed.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Just to clarify -- the post above is certainly (obviously? ) not referring to the generally peaceful Indians who happen to be Muslims (either because their forefathers converted or by themselves).

Those are simply good citizens that want nothing to do with such ideas, and are very much a part of the Indian culture. The topic in the post above will not cross anyone's mind for these people.

India remains secular and is home to those who live in healthy and best interests of the country rather than against it.

The youth are to be protected as they are vulnerable and unfortunately targeted by outside radical Islamic forces (typically in Pakistan) who brainwash them to follow their ideals against the welfare of the country in which the youth live.

I thought this clarification was better than assuming it is not needed.
Thank you for clerifying :)
Unfortunatly in some groups of islam there are those who become extremists and honestly, they have nothing to do with true islam. Their extrem action, words and thoughts are not from Allah.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Thank you for clerifying :)
Unfortunatly in some groups of islam there are those who become extremists and honestly, they have nothing to do with true islam. Their extreme action, words and thoughts are not from Allah.
You were a buddhist, have adopted a Sufi tradition and live in Norway. I appreciate your spiritual outlook and kind, helpful nature.

However, to be able to appreciate the complexity of the problem in South Asia is another matter. Awareness is important.
Anyhow, I don't feel like discussing this topic.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You were a buddhist, have adopted a Sufi tradition and live in Norway. I appreciate your spiritual outlook and kind, helpful nature.

However, to be able to appreciate the complexity of the problem in South Asia is another matter. Awareness is important.
Anyhow, I don't feel like discussing this topic.
It is true i am a convert to islam.
No problem if you do not wish to discuss with me.