• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Superstitions do not help

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
A powerful Goddess - Corona Mai (Mother Corona):

01_06_2020-corona_mai_20336532.jpg

As yet, there is no idol of the Goddess, nor a temple or a priest. But all things will come in time. At the moment women are leaving the offerings in holes dug in field.
What is required are nine cloves, nine laddoos (sweets balls) and nine fly-flowers.
यह कैसा अंधविश्‍वास: बिहार के एक गांव में नौ लड्डू व नौ लौंग से हो रही कोरोना माई की पूजा, जानिए
Note: Web address in English, report in Hindi.

"A video on social media is going viral these days. In that video, a woman is said to have been mowing the grass by two women in the field. There was a cow grass variable beside it. In the meantime, the cow became a woman. The women who were mowing the grass began to flee in fear.

Then the woman from the cow stopped both women and said, “Don’t be afraid, Women. I am Corona Mata. Propagate in my country and take my blessings on Mondays and Fridays by offering liturgical material. I will leave you by myself."

Last edited:

Rational Agnostic

As yet, there is no idol of the Goddess, nor a temple or a priest. But all things will come in time. At the moment women are leaving the offerings in holes dug in field.
यह कैसा अंधविश्‍वास: बिहार के एक गांव में नौ लड्डू व नौ लौंग से हो रही कोरोना माई की पूजा, जानिए

I assume you're joking given that your religion is listed as "atheist"...?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I assume you're joking given that your religion is listed as "atheist"...?
Well, I am an atheist Hindu. All Hindus are not atheists, not even my family or community.
How can someone believe a deity cures coronavirus and be an atheist (not believe in deities)? Sounds contradictory to me.
Of course, I do not believe in this. As ADigitalArtist said, I am only reporting what is happening in India.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

What is required are nine cloves, nine laddoos (sweets balls) and nine fly-flowers.

"A video on social media is going viral these days. In that video, a woman is said to have been mowing the grass by two women in the field. There was a cow grass variable beside it. In the meantime, the cow became a woman. The women who were mowing the grass began to flee in fear.

Then the woman from the cow stopped both women and said, “Don’t be afraid, Women. I am Corona Mata. Propagate in my country and take my blessings on Mondays and Fridays by offering liturgical material. I will leave you by myself."
Fascinating. It's not much different here with a number of these Christians who gather together to have the pastor anoint them with oil that has been blessed to get rid of the virus. It's how the world looks through the eyes of magical thought.

I can see if that's how you saw the world, that God, or a Devi is angry, that you have to appease said deity with gifts and offerings. You see that in all religions actually, when viewed through that particular stage of faith. Everything is caused by magical forces that we must somehow find a way to deal with if things aren't going right.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, I am an atheist Hindu. All Hindus are not atheists, not even my family or community.Of course, I do not believe in this. As ADigitalArtist said, I am only reporting what is happening in India.
And there's an atheist Bokononist here too.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

You know, that's really awesome, to me! You not only speak and write 2 languages, but also understand and write 2 completely different alphabets!

That is so cool!!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well since there's no cure you might as well pretend there's one.

The only thing is I wish those people would wear masks and socially distance. At least it will provide them with the necessary antibodies. After they picked up the few that died though, although I guess that death in India is pretty commonplace.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I can see if that's how you saw the world, that God, or a Devi is angry, that you have to appease said deity with gifts and offerings.
Yeah, but these Hindus are so ignorant and superstitious. ;)

"In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. And Abel also brought an offering - fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor."

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You know, that's really awesome, to me! You not only speak and write 2 languages, but also understand and write 2 completely different alphabets!
That is so cool!!
!!??
Oh, that is nothing. I am told that Sir Mark Aurel Stein knew 21 languages.
Well since there's no cure you might as well pretend there's one.
The only thing is I wish those people would wear masks and socially distance. At least it will provide them with the necessary antibodies. After they picked up the few that died though, although I guess that death in India is pretty commonplace.
Birth and death are common everywhere, not just in India. No?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Having been hit with that while walking through the barn, I can assure it's not a cure for anything.
I don't know. Alexander Fleming found penicillin from soil.
"In 1796, Edward Jenner, a doctor in Berkeley, Gloucestershire, rural England, discovered that immunity to smallpox could be produced by inoculating a person with material from a cowpox lesion."
Smallpox - Wikipedia

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

"In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. And Abel also brought an offering - fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor."
Very interesting grab from the bible to fit this. You know the bible fairly well to pluck that one. :)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

You think it was the offering, or maybe that Cain had a bad attitude? What did Cain do? Even after God told him to control himself?