• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

India decriminalizes gay sex

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You’re quoting me from responding to another person. I didn’t change the subject others did.
Nope, you did. The subject was Muslim states executing homosexuals. You posted this red herring:

"For example, while almost 80% of Iranian executions are for drug traffickers,[22] drug trafficking laws are part of Iranian civil law, not Sharia law.”

No one claimed that all executions were for homosexuality or even implied that. Perhaps you were confused by the fact that several articles were used to support his claim. Let's limit it to one:

Iran executes three men on homosexuality charges

" Convicts were sentenced to death 'for acts against the Sharia law and bad deeds' "

Jumi

Iran has law that is good for transsexuals, but it shouldn't be a forced choice in my opinion. Young Turks youtube channel on it:

Khomeini believed and wrote that he believes some men have women souls or something to that effect.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
In the West gays get beat up and killed all the time. It’s not mass media because media outlets have agendas. How about gay kids that kill themselves because they live in a society that ostracized homosexuals for their sexual orientation. So while the state of affairs of homosexuality in Iran (and elsewhere) endures, we in the West are in no moral position to highlight atrocities elsewhere.

Of course our own society still has it's own struggles with LGBT rights, obviously. I fail to see why that means we shouldn't point out that the situation regarding LGBT rights are far worse in other parts of the world, however.

Injustice is injustice, and it's something that should be acknowledged and denounced regardless of where, why, or who by it occurs.

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Nope, you did. The subject was Muslim states executing homosexuals. You posted this red herring:

"For example, while almost 80% of Iranian executions are for drug traffickers,[22] drug trafficking laws are part of Iranian civil law, not Sharia law.”

No one claimed that all executions were for homosexuality or even implied that.

Next time stop sticking your neck in a conversation I was having with another and learn to read as I was responding to the following:

Not just terrorists but the actual governments of many Muslim countries are notoriously brutal toward LGBTs.

Hanging_of_Mahmoud_Asgari_and_Ayaz_Marhoni.jpg

Which governments. Don’t tell me you’re posting pictures of ISIS are you? A little intellectual dishonesty there?

In the West gays get beat up and killed all the time. It’s not mass media because media outlets have agendas. How about gay kids that kill themselves because they live in a society that ostracized homosexuals for their sexual orientation. So while the state of affairs of homosexuality in Iran (and elsewhere) endures, we in the West are in no moral position to highlight atrocities elsewhere.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Next time stop sticking your neck in a conversation I was having with another and learn to read as I was responding to the following:
Selective editing is quote mining. Almost always a form of lying. You are not fooling anyone. The topic was how Muslims, and in this case Muslim governments treat gays.

Try again.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Even Indiana protects me more than what places like Iran would. LBGT youth, and adults, do face hardships in the West, but clearly we are way more LBGT friendly than places like Iran.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You’re quoting me from responding to another person. I didn’t change the subject others did.
You're the one who's trying to get off the topic that about a dozen countries--all of them Islamic--will put homosexuals to death just for existing. It's mentioning the fact that Saudi Arabia (one of the gay killing Muslim countries) considers atheists to be terrorists and bringing up how they recently lifted their ban on female drivers.
And, do consider, countries where it is illegal to have a beer, a death sentence to say or do anything perceived as anti-Islam, and where women cannot leave the home without being covered from head to toe, that is the bar you are pointing at when you say "the West has no moral high ground to claim." Their bar is that low. Of course we can claim the moral high ground. We aren't perfect, but we don't punish women as adulterers when they are raped. We allow gay sex - over there don't get caught having it or your life is forfeit. It's like trying to say Einstein didn't have "intellectual grounds" to stand on in terms of mathematics because a kindergartner can count to 10. You're looking at standards that are literally that low and trying to say ours on on a similar grounds. They aren't.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Even Indiana protects me more than what places like Iran would. LBGT youth, and adults, do face hardships in the West, but clearly we are way more LBGT friendly than places like Iran.

Yeah the government may protect you, but what about its inhabitants? Funny government may protect you but it doesn't protect people like me from the mob but that is for another thread.

People often forget the government is not with you 24/7 and often times people are subject to the mob and not the government.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
You're the one who's trying to get off the topic that about a dozen countries--all of them Islamic--will put homosexuals to death just for existing.

The following are for those that have selective reading.....

Here was the beginning of the transition of topics:

It BEGAN when @Luciferi Baphomet said:

Islam is highly against same sex marriage.
I even wrote about it on my blog.
Followers of Lucifer and Education/Believers of Lucifer: Muslims in the Islamic Country|LGBTQ+

Then I said:

So is Christianity, so is Judaism, so is other faiths, your point?

Then he said:

Yeah they were hanged and burned I believe.

Then the conversation shifted and then I was having an exchanged with @columbus when I said:

You don’t think Jews and Christians in modern times don’t discriminate against gays? Are your views based on the actions of terrorists?

Then somehow our discussion was lost in translation because I believe I was attempting to address @Father Heathen not Columbus when he said:

That isn't even close to what I posted, now is it?
Tom

This is how me and Father Heathen began discussing Iran and Iranian laws and Muslim governments when he said the following:

Not just terrorists but the actual governments of many Muslim countries are notoriously brutal toward LGBTs.

Hanging_of_Mahmoud_Asgari_and_Ayaz_Marhoni.jpg

So all of you who ignorantly assumed I made this about Muslim governments and Islam you can apologize now....Thank you for this public service announcement.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So all of you who ignorantly assumed I made this about Muslim governments and Islam you can apologize now....Thank you for this public service announcement.
You did take it that direction. You even dismissed a picture of homosexuals who were put to death by the Islamic state of Iran as something ISIS did even though the picture has been circulating way before ISIS.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The following are for those that have selective reading.....

Here was the beginning of the transition of topics:

It BEGAN when @Luciferi Baphomet said:

Then I said:

Then he said:

Then the conversation shifted and then I was having an exchanged with @columbus when I said:

Then somehow our discussion was lost in translation because I believe I was attempting to address @Father Heathen not Columbus when he said:

This is how me and Father Heathen began discussing Iran and Iranian laws and Muslim governments when he said the following:

so sad. Just another attempt to defend the evil works of some Muslims and worse yet Muslim governments with a Tu Quoque fallacy.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
You did take it that direction. You even dismissed a picture of homosexuals who were put to death by the Islamic state of Iran as something ISIS did even though the picture has been circulating way before ISIS.

I did not dismiss it I initially was commenting to Luciferi anyway good day

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I did not dismiss it I initially was commenting to Luciferi anyway good day
Initially, but the ISIS comment was to Father Heathen. And to Father Heathen, much to your own disgrace, you said:
Which governments. Don’t tell me you’re posting pictures of ISIS are you? A little intellectual dishonesty there?
The one decent question didn't even get a question mark, and with those that did you totally jumped the gun and made an *** of yourself.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Initially, but the ISIS comment was to Father Heathen. And to Father Heathen, much to your own disgrace, you said:

The one decent question didn't even get a question mark, and with those that did you totally jumped the gun and made an *** of yourself.

I didn't make an a** of myself, I merely made a typo. I was speaking to several different people. When I asked which governments? It was a sincere question. My intent wasn't to defend these governments and their rules, my intent was to segway into the discussion that unfortunately these laws exist but there are courts that are allocated one for religious and one for the state/local. For example in Malaysian court there are processes where certain crimes people commit, the punishment may not always be religiously based by by the regional courts. You see when people see Muslim countries they automatically think "Shari'ah Law" when in fact there are courts that prosecute for different crimes. In other words, people often think Saudi government is a blueprint for all other Muslim countries.

At any rate its a shame any government can persecute anyone for something they have no control of whether it's disability, sexual orientation or phenotype.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

Yes we are because unlike Islamic countries, we are actually taking steps to end the cycle of discrimination, prejudice, dehumanisation and killing of LGBTs. Killing or harming these people is criminal - as it is with anyone else. How many Islamic countries can say the same? Not many.

We can look at the Chechen Republic which has for over a year been throwing gay men into concentration camps. You bet your bottom dollar we can call them out for that.

Enough of this relativist, whataboutery nonsense - how LGBT people are treated in the Muslim world is a travesty and a tragedy; we are the better peoples in this regard.