• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

incompatible

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I can wait.
Are you the arbiter of morality? Human morality far surpasses religious morality, without human morality there would be no religion to be condescending moral.
I think you will find that throughout history it is overwhelmingly religious man imposing his will that has hurt man

I find Solomon agrees with you because at Ecclesiastes 8:9 he says man dominates man to man's hurt or injury.
I also find religious morality includes the Golden Rule, what in human morality is superior.
If everyone on Earth lived by the Golden Rule what would the world be like today_________

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
In my opinion the Gods (and not just one monotheistic God) reach out to all people everyone of us. They don't send agents so that we believe through agents. we have direct communication through our minds and hearts and NOT through other people.
You mention the Gods. Do you know what Gods there are, do they have names, but more importantly, how did they get wherever you think they are to be Gods?

syo

Can you truly state as a fact that your experiences are the sole valid experiences that exist?

I experience Jesus personally, He is evident to me. How can anyone say, "I know what a Christian is" or "I used to be a Christian but Christianity is false!" if they were pursuing relationships/Bible study/church attendance/a charismatic pastor/praying, etc. without having an actual relationship with Christ? And even if they say, "Christianity is false, as the Christ never became evident to me, despite my prayer/Bible study" how can someone state as a fact that their experiences are the sole valid experiences?
You are compatible with Christianity, I am not. That's the point of this thread. :)

syo

It's interesting that a pastor, pope, or any other organised religious leader can inform or guide anyone eles to religious enlightenment because everyone is different what will work for one person will most likely not have the same effect on any others and yet millions of Christians each Sunday listen to the word of God and how one HUMAN interprets that knowledge it is quite and astounding concept.
True! You said it all.

syo

First of all, I wonder if you reached out to what was 1st-century Christianity, or reached out to Christendom.
There is a BIG difference:
* 1st-century Christianity follows the teaching of Jesus as outlined in Scripture.
* Christendom (apostate Christianity) mostly follows man made or church customs and traditions outside of Scripture.
However, such 'so-called Christianity' teaches her customs and traditions as if they are Scripture.
So, many think they are reaching out to Christianity, but in reality they are reaching out to what is fake.
They are seeing the fake 'weed/tares' Christians that Scripture warns about, and how those 'weeds' would grow together with the genuine 'wheat' Christians until the Harvest Time. Harvest Time meaning our time frame
The only reason I've involved myself with christianity is that it is a very popular religion. If it wasn't popular I wouldn't care.

syo

You mention the Gods. Do you know what Gods there are, do they have names, but more importantly, how did they get wherever you think they are to be Gods?
They are immortal and they gave birth to mortals (us). Their names are: the alpowerfull Zeus, Hera, Athena and many more Gods with their unique name. They are Gods because they can't die and they form the world. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I find Solomon agrees with you because at Ecclesiastes 8:9 he says man dominates man to man's hurt or injury.
I also find religious morality includes the Golden Rule, what in human morality is superior.
If everyone on Earth lived by the Golden Rule what would the world be like today_________

Human morality superior? Dont know but certainly more complete as in it was not cherry picked to exclude everyone not in whatever religion is playing morals at the time.

If everyone on earth lived as you want them to live, from recent post with you, i would guess the world would be a boring, misogynistic, holier than thou place.

YoursTrue

You are compatible with Christianity, I am not. That's the point of this thread. :)
Did you say, by the way, why you are not compatible with Christianity, and also what you think Christianity is? I would think those two questions are essential to understand in order to discuss this. Thank you.

YoursTrue

Human morality superior? Dont know but certainly more complete as in it was not cherry picked to exclude everyone not in whatever religion is playing morals at the time.

If everyone on earth lived as you want them to live, from recent post with you, i would guess the world would be a boring, misogynistic, holier than thou place.
I wouldn't think so. Someone was very kind to me recently, offered me her umbrella when she saw I didn't have one. She was wearing a hat, I was not, it was raining. I didn't know her and I really appreciated her kindness. Not everyone is like that. It made me feel very happy to know that someone was that kind and helpful to me. I try to help strangers when I can, for instance, if I see someone having trouble getting packages out of the shopping cart into their car, I offer to help. Every little bit we can do to help others makes our lives not boring but more pleasant.

YoursTrue

They are immortal and they gave birth to mortals (us). Their names are: the alpowerfull Zeus, Hera, Athena and many more Gods with their unique name. They are Gods because they can't die and they form the world. :)
How do you know this?

YoursTrue

I read it and I agreed after thinking it. :)
So someone told you about this, and you agreed with his idea. Do you know how the person who wrote this learned that Zeus was the God of thunder?

syo

So someone told you about this, and you agreed with his idea. Do you know how the person who wrote this learned that Zeus was the God of thunder?
Yes. They used human logic. And since human logic exists many years before I was born, ancestors thought that. :)

YoursTrue

Yes. They used human logic. And since human logic exists many years before I was born, ancestors thought that. :)
It is generally thought of as a myth. I don't see those myths are logical. Ancestors thought other things, too, and generally speaking, those myths have been abandoned. Going into the story of the Greek/Roman gods, it doesn't make sense. It's almost like a cartoon story. Are you on any mind-altering drugs that take you into a spacey different realm of consciousness? I am not kidding and I hope you don't think I'm being funny, I'm not. The myths of Zeus-Jupiter, etc., are man-made, don't make much sense.