• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

incompatible

Jumi

To this day I find myself wondering how common actual belief is even in the Abrahamic faiths.

Statistically and logically, it just doesn't make much sense to expect it to be very common.
I see many people believe in some pieces of them, while not knowing or caring about the rest. Many see being a good person as the message and let everything else come from that. If something "in religion" clashes with that, it's the same as spam, ends up in the bin.

Reactions: syo

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I see many people believe in some pieces of them, while not knowing or caring about the rest. Many see being a good person as the message and let everything else come from that. If something "in religion" clashes with that, it's the same as spam, ends up in the bin.
There is certainly some truth in that.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
For people who are seekers; there are religions that may be incompatible with our minds and heart.
I tried to reach out to Christianity literally and metaphorically but it doesn't fit. Oh well... I guess abrahamic religions are not for me......

First of all, I wonder if you reached out to what was 1st-century Christianity, or reached out to Christendom.
There is a BIG difference:
* 1st-century Christianity follows the teaching of Jesus as outlined in Scripture.
* Christendom (apostate Christianity) mostly follows man made or church customs and traditions outside of Scripture.
However, such 'so-called Christianity' teaches her customs and traditions as if they are Scripture.
So, many think they are reaching out to Christianity, but in reality they are reaching out to what is fake.
They are seeing the fake 'weed/tares' Christians that Scripture warns about, and how those 'weeds' would grow together with the genuine 'wheat' Christians until the Harvest Time. Harvest Time meaning our time frame

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Pretty evil, if you ask me. It makes the worst out of people.

God sent His Son to die for us, so that we could gain: everlasting life.
Many parents sacrifice their sons to die on the Altar of War as if that is the same thing as the Altar of God.
Dying for country means: death, Not gain of life.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
To this day I find myself wondering how common actual belief is even in the Abrahamic faiths.
Statistically and logically, it just doesn't make much sense to expect it to be very common.

To this day, I also find myself wondering how 'common' actual belief is even in the Abrahamic faiths.
I agree it doesn't make much sense to expect such faiths to even have 'common actual belief '...
This is because much of what is taught is found outside of Scripture but just being taught as if Scripture.
None of this makes Scripture as wrong, but just makes what many Abrahamic faiths do Not have in common.
Even as Jesus believed that MANY would call him Lord, but by action or belief prove false.

QuestioningMind

For people who are seekers; there are religions that may be incompatible with our minds and heart.

I tried to reach out to Christianity literally and metaphorically but it doesn't fit. Oh well... I guess abrahamic religions are not for me.

Are there religions you are incompatible with?

I suppose that I am incompatible with all religions, since I have yet to find verifiable evidence than any god or gods exist.

Reactions: syo

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Christianity is a religion based on fear if people don't conform to the laws of the bible and beg for forgiveness you are punished forever. Christianity just seems like a man made religion to control the masses. Not hating but just pointing out .

I do wonder what ' fear ' you are basing your ^above^ post.
What do you think of as being: punished forever.
False clergy have used priest-craft teachings which is Not Scripture, but teaching them as though it is Scripture.
True, Scripture does teach that warned wicked people will be destroyed forever as per Psalms 92:7.
In other words, wicked people are warned to stop being wicked because they can loose out on everlasting life.
So, there is No post-mortem penalty for such wicked ones. There is No double jeopardy for the wicked.
Wicked people will simply forfeit their lives because there will be justice for humble righteous people.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I am incomparable with religions which embrace hierarchies: pope, prophet, bishop etc. - anything that requires following a leader rather than embracing and respecting personal journies with individual thought and freedom.

I am wondering what you find incomparable or wrong with Jesus as leader.
Over the many centuries many leaders have embraced personal journeys with their individual thought and freedom.
Thus man has proven that man can Not successfully direct his step. Proving man can't establish Peace on Earth.
If everyone did the 60's ' do your own thing ' then if one's own thing was crime and violence, there couldn't be peace.
This is why I find, as Psalms 46:9 informs us, that only God will cause wars to stop on Earth.

Ike221

I do wonder what ' fear ' you are basing your ^above^ post.
What do you think of as being: punished forever.
False clergy have used priest-craft teachings which is Not Scripture, but teaching them as though it is Scripture.
True, Scripture does teach that warned wicked people will be destroyed forever as per Psalms 92:7.
In other words, wicked people are warned to stop being wicked because they can loose out on everlasting life.
So, there is No post-mortem penalty for such wicked ones. There is No double jeopardy for the wicked.
Wicked people will simply forfeit their lives because there will be justice for humble righteous people.

But the mear idea of punishment being carried out in the afterlife seems like a threat " do this or next heaven"

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..................Those that consider it a sin (mortal or otherwise) if you don't believe in their particular take on the religion they favour are worst.

I am wondering how any loving person could be against the Golden Rule.
After all, the Golden Rule was Jesus particular take on religion, and what James recorded at James 1:27.
To believe otherwise, believe that wickedness if acceptable, can Not possibly be considered as righteousness.
The only way for there to be 'justice for upright people' is to have willfully wicked people removed.
After all, God does Not force or make any person do what they do Not want to do.
We all have the freedom to act responsibly toward the God of Jesus as he did in keeping the Golden Rule.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Are there religions you are incompatible with?

Depends what exactly mean by "incompatible" but there are less than you'd think. I believe and practice one religion, which I believe and experience to be a large portion of the truth. On the other hand, I hold many other religions in high regard and am influenced by aspects of other religions.

sealchan

What religion do you practice if you don't mind me asking I'm just curious because it seems most religions are literal

I'm Christian. There is most certainly a lot of literalism in Christianity, but there are plenty of non-literal voices for those of us who need a more "precise" understanding of our faith.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
although not necessarily the mystical strains within them.

But that's the most important part, if you can't understand the mystical strands, then how can you understand the more exoteric (outer, surface) level without being just another blind believer?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But the mear idea of punishment being carried out in the afterlife seems like a threat " do this or next heaven"
However, that ' afterlife ' teaching is: that ' the dead are more alive at death then before death' is Not scriptural.
Afterlife is Not a Bible teaching, but future resurrection is.
Jesus and the old Hebrew Scriptures teach the dead are Not conscious in death.
Jesus taught at John 11:11-14 that the dead are in a 'sleep'-like state.
Jesus, being well educated in the OT knew the 'dead sleep' from Psalms 115:17 and Psalms 146:4
Plus, Ecclesiastes 9:5 teaches the dead know nothing. ( No afterlife in death )
Isaiah 38:18 also did Not believe in afterlife but in unconscious sleep for the dead.

False clergy (Not Scripture) teach the threat of burning forever.
King James version translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire.
Gehenna was a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever Not burning forever.
So, Gehenna stands for ' destruction '. Just as if you threw something into a fire place is gone forever.
That is why the Bible teaches that the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' and Not burning forever at Psalms 92:7

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Yes, the same ones as you I think. Any prophet based religion is incompatible to me. I just can't see how God could every delineate all that power to a single person.

Life isn't black and white like that, in fact the Abrahamic line of revelation is far more nuanced than that.

Define "God" too first.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
How does this work?

I think it's a grammatical hiccup. People are so used to seeing the word 'god' capitalised that they spell it that way at all times - especially in Pagan groups - even though they're not using it as a proper noun.

I try to visualise this sentence to think of how the word should be used properly:

'There are many gods in the world. The Abrahamic god's name according to his worshippers, in various tongues, is God.'

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am wondering how any loving person could be against the Golden Rule.
After all, the Golden Rule was Jesus particular take on religion, and what James recorded at James 1:27.
To believe otherwise, believe that wickedness if acceptable, can Not possibly be considered as righteousness.
The only way for there to be 'justice for upright people' is to have willfully wicked people removed.
After all, God does Not force or make any person do what they do Not want to do.
We all have the freedom to act responsibly toward the God of Jesus as he did in keeping the Golden Rule.

I am wondering how any person can label anyone capable of love must follow your god book.

We all have the freedom to act as we see fit, no god or JC need be involved. If you need a god on your shoulder telling you how to be a decent person that is entirely up to you. I dont need any one or any mythology telling me what is good and bad, what is right and wrong.