• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In your understanding, what is God?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Gods are that which a people deem worthy of worship. Thus, what the gods are depends entirely on what is deified. That which is worthy of worship expresses a people's deeply held values or that which they hold in high regard. The reasons for which someone may hold something in high regard can vary too. Perhaps something is deemed worthy of worship because it is numinous or mysterious? Fundamentally greater and incomprehensible? Fascinating and awe-inspiring? An exemplar for good human behavior? A representation of deeply-held values?

I deify all of reality. That represents how I an inspired by and in awe of everything - that I view all things as sacred and bearing deep, intrinsic value. It's all gods. The result is a polytheistic pantheism that is pretty foreign to most in my surrounding culture. It also means I need to cut others (both atheist and theist) in my culture more than a little slack because their theological assumptions lean heavily towards classical monotheism. Many things they say are nonsense to me and I'm sure many of the things I say are nonsense to them too.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Religions and spiritual people often speak about God. But what is really God?
Does God or other heavenly beings have an apperance?

So the important thing in my question is this "What in YOUR understanding is a God?"

To me (Amanaki) a God or a Buddha or heavenly being does not have a body (only in lower realm can they take a physical apperance). What we see as god to me is not one being, a God or Buddha or other heavenly beings all are matter of Truthfulness, Compassion and forberance.
Yes I did write matter :) Or energy. Because in my understanding the higher level of wisdom also lead to a less dense apperance, or to the other side. the futher we are from the truth of existance the more dense our apperance become. So since my understanding of human realm is that here we are very far from understanding or seeing the actual truth of how things truly are, we have become dense beings made up of matter and energy. But when we clear out our faults and start to understand truth, and we start to live by the truth, compassion and forberance the closer to truth we become and the futher away from human realm(physical realm) we become.
We going back to our original state of mind, to be of energy, so it means we would be able to be anywhere at any time.

This is only my current understanding. So it can be far away from what actually is the truth. But I am still on the ride of learning and understanding higher form of truth. (levels of wisdom and understanding)
The only God that I call “God” is purely metaphorical for me, and I equate Him with the God of Abraham. I think of it as a metaphorical way of thinking of myself and the world around me as being created by someone. Part of the metaphor is that my relationship with nature is part of a personal relationship with Him. Another part of it is that He communicates verbally to me through the scriptures of some religions.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Not our consciousness.....just O a stone body.

Reason…..for males have to live as a human first to be a thinker and word owner.

A male as a self is only a human, so I know that they are not any God.

So male references, a penis in human life is not any God, although maybe he thinks he is by owning that penis.

Consciousness....living in a cold gas burning, metallic particle irradiated historic heavenly mass. Nearly like physical stone.....also not God.

So no Angel is God, an image in a cloud.

Cloud awareness.....it came out of a volcanic eruption....also not God.

God, is just a concept, thought of by what a mind says is a spiritual being.....his own human male self.

Why I never believed in a God, but I did believe in my Father, human self, brother human self, sister human self and my Mother human self.

As a family of spiritual being.

I believed that discussing God was being irrational, for everything was already natural present in all of its owned own forms.

Then I learnt....by irradiation science caused heating of cold metallic gas heavenly particles.

And saw visions of human selves in the past pretending to get the power of God...which was a whole O solid body of mass.

Which gave me the awareness....oh, they got mind possessed by science, and believed in self reflecting human ideals as they got attacked......made sense to me why they believed.