• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In your understanding, What did Jesus mean by this?

Good-Ole-Rebel

And no where in that verse does it say that heaven and Earth are separate, outside, without God. But you "believe" it does.

Of course it does. As I said, believe whatever you like. But don't try and conform the Bible to your belief. It is not your Book. Does that bother you? Are you wanting some written revelation from somewhere to somehow support your belief?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Of course it does. As I said, believe whatever you like. But don't try and conform the Bible to your belief. It is not your Book. Does that bother you? Are you wanting some written revelation from somewhere to somehow support your belief?

Good-Ole-Rebel

John 1:1-5 is another rendition of the creation story. It tells you emphatically that nothing exits apart from God.

It's interesting how people try to make their fantasies, beliefs override reality. The reality is that the Bible doesn't agree with you that God is separate from it's being.

The light shines within the darkness, not apart from it

Good-Ole-Rebel

John 1:1-5 is another rendition of the creation story. It tells you emphatically that nothing exits apart from God.

It's interesting how people try to make their fantasies, beliefs override reality. The reality is that the Bible doesn't agree with you that God is separate from it's being.

The light shines within the darkness, not apart from it

Of course nothing exists without God. He is the Creator of everything. It shows Him as a Person. The Creator. Not only that but the verses you use show that Jesus Christ is God. (John 1:1) cf (John 1:14)

The Bible is against you. You need to find some other source for your belief.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Of course nothing exists without God. He is the Creator of everything. It shows Him as a Person. The Creator. Not only that but the verses you use show that Jesus Christ is God. (John 1:1) cf (John 1:14)

The Bible is against you. You need to find some other source for your belief.

Good-Ole-Rebel
it creates everything from itself.

Isaiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Girded literally meaning to be bound up withO clothed

Strong's H247
ʼâzar, aw-zar'; a primitive root; to belt:—bind (compass) about, gird (up, with).

gird, encompass, equip, clothe

God is not separate from the created.

It is you who have separated yourself from God

Milton Platt

What is your understanding of this bible verse? (same verse from different translations)
Does it mean you find God within you? Or does it mean something else in your understanding?

Luke 17:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luke 17:21 New International Version (NIV)
21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’A) because the kingdom of God is in your midst

Assuming he said any of it, why not just assume he meant what he said, whether it was true or not?

Good-Ole-Rebel

it creates everything from itself.

Isaiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Girded literally meaning to be bound up withO clothed

Strong's H247
ʼâzar, aw-zar'; a primitive root; to belt:—bind (compass) about, gird (up, with).

gird, encompass, equip, clothe

God is not separate from the created.

It is you who have separated yourself from God

Once again, the verse you use is against you. (Isaiah 45:5) "I am the LORD" "no God beside me" "I girded thee" "thou hast not known me" You say 'it'. The Bible says I and me. Personal God. Person.

Again, you need to find another source for your belief. The Bible is against you.

Good-Ole-Rebel

wellwisher

Once again, the verse you use is against you. (Isaiah 45:5) "I am the LORD" "no God beside me" "I girded thee" "thou hast not known me" You say 'it'. The Bible says I and me. Personal God. Person.

Again, you need to find another source for your belief. The Bible is against you.

Good-Ole-Rebel

This quote was from a transitional time between monotheism and the ever lingering traces of polytheism. In polytheism, many gods were used to express the various aspects of life, with each God sort of like specialty of labor. There was a separate God for love, another for farming, and another for war. The advantage was more detail, for each cultural expression, since each was a speciality with a separate God teacher.

In the quote, there is a plea to permanently transition to monotheism, where one God was in charge of all things. This is more like a single teacher for all things.

Although, the specialty nature of polytheism may have allowed learning a crafty to have more detail, monotheism gave one a psychological advantage. Instead of separate procedures of worship for any cultural action, there was a consistency across the board. Jesus takes this one step further and makes all actions based on love; open mindedness and willingness to learn.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Good-Ole-Rebel
The verb "to be" doesn't exclusively mean a person.

Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

The following is referring to other as self and to self

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Namaste

Good-Ole-Rebel

This quote was from a transitional time between monotheism and the ever lingering traces of polytheism. In polytheism, many gods were used to express the various aspects of life, with each God sort of like specialty of labor. There was a separate God for love, another for farming, and another for war. The advantage was more detail, for each cultural expression, since each was a speciality with a separate God teacher.

In the quote, there is a plea to permanently transition to monotheism, where one God was in charge of all things. This is more like a single teacher for all things.

Although, the specialty nature of polytheism may have allowed learning a crafty to have more detail, monotheism gave one a psychological advantage. Instead of separate procedures of worship for any cultural action, there was a consistency across the board. Jesus takes this one step further and makes all actions based on love; open mindedness and willingness to learn.

Nice speech. Your point is....?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

The verb "to be" doesn't exclusively mean a person.

Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

The following is referring to other as self and to self

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Namaste

BS. Nice speech though.

Chile-Con-Carne

Good-Ole-Rebel

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
BS. Nice speech though.

Chile-Con-Carne

Good-Ole-Rebel
Another verse showing God is present in the physical being.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Another verse showing God is present in the physical being.

It says nothing of the sort.

Find another source for your belief. The Bible is against you.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
I was actually tracking along with what you were saying until you shifted over to human anatomy as what is meant by "inside you" in scripture. That was an unexpected left turn off the road into the cornfields.

In my understanding of the esoteric nature of the Christian faith, the "inside" of us, the "interior spaces", is not referencing the stuff underneath the skin: bones, tendons, internal organs (skin is an external organ), heart, liver, and such. Those too, are all "external" to us. They are not what is "inside" us in the context of a spiritual reference.

The interiors of us, is consciousness. It is what is in and behind our thoughts and motivations, our desires, the core of our self identities, and beyond the form in this human body. It is the human soul, to give some term for it. Making clean the inside of the cup, clears the way for the kingdom of God to arise within us, and from us flow out to the world. It means, making your soul open to God. It doesn't mean your rib cage.

That was beautiful!

In this account, Jesus’ listeners were the Pharisees and he could not have meant that the Kingdom was in the hearts. He said earlier that they would be excluded from the Kingdom because their form of worship was hypocritical and thus unacceptable to God. (Matthew 23:13) However, because he, as the future King of the Kingdom, was standing right before them, he could rightly say that God’s Kingdom is “within you” or “in your midst.”

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In this account, Jesus’ listeners were the Pharisees and he could not have meant that the Kingdom was in the hearts. He said earlier that they would be excluded from the Kingdom because their form of worship was hypocritical and thus unacceptable to God. (Matthew 23:13) However, because he, as the future King of the Kingdom, was standing right before them, he could rightly say that God’s Kingdom is “within you” or “in your midst.”
nay...

if you are not a refection of the Kingdom.....
how then to enter?

and He said to them.....Hypocrites!
you do not enter in
nor do you allow anyone else to do so

TrueBeliever37

What is your understanding of this bible verse? (same verse from different translations)
Does it mean you find God within you? Or does it mean something else in your understanding?

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’A) because the kingdom of God is in your midst

The scripture says the kingdom of God is not meat and drink, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. Once God started filling people with his Spirit on the day of Pentecost, the kingdom would be within them.

Many people think he was talking about a natural kingdom. But he was talking about his church - a spiritual kingdom. He gave Peter the keys to the kingdom. Peter used those keys on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:38.

This also ties in with being born again to enter the kingdom as mentioned in John 3:5. He said you must be born of the water and of the Spirit to enter the kingdom. That is what Peter is giving directions to in Acts 2:38. When you are baptized and then filled with his Spirit as Peter said in Acts 2:38, you are born again of the water and of the Spirit.

PearlSeeker

I understand it can be both - within you and among you. For how can true love, peace and joy be among us if it is not coming from within (from Spirit of God)?