• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In your religious/spiritual practice

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In your religious/ spiritual practice, have you your self or by others experienced the ability to knowing what others think? or have you experienced when in meditation or prayer that you feel people around you, even they are in a different room? When i say feeling, i mean that you can feel how many or even knowing who are in a different room?
And if they do enter your room (where you meditating/praying) even with looking at the person, you know who it is?

This happens moreand more often in my meditation practice, so i was curious to if others had simiar experience?

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
have you your self or by others experienced the bility to knowing what others think?
When didn't trim my hair or beard for 4 years, could feel other people's anger so much, it felt like i wanted to him them...

Then would ask where the anger came from, to realize that they were feeling it for something, so that the energy could be mindful, to resolve it for them.

Fair enough trimmed my beard, which makes me not as over sensitive with the whiskers...

Yet still can pick up on things around me, like knowing people are around corners; even in online first person fast action sword fighting games, started to feel what was around the corner, from their conscious movements in reality.

It makes it hard to go out, as generally come back with other people's baggage, they haven't dealt with.

Tho now understanding the quantum physics much better, being down here in the Maya is hard work, when many do not recognize that to be the case.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When didn't trim my hair or beard for 4 years, could feel other people's anger so much, it felt like i wanted to him them...

Then would ask where the anger came from, to realize that they were feeling it for something, so that the energy could be mindful, to resolve it for them.

Fair enough trimmed my beard, which makes me not as over sensitive with the whiskers...

Yet still can pick up on things around me, like knowing people are around corners; even in online first person fast action sword fighting games, started to feel what was around the corner, from their conscious movements in reality.

It makes it hard to go out, as generally come back with other people's baggage, they haven't dealt with.

Tho now understanding the quantum physics much better, being down here in the Maya is hard work, when many do not recognize that to be the case.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Being a human being is no easy task :) specially when the senses are getting stronger :)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
In your religious/ spiritual practice, have you your self or by others experienced the bility to knowing what others think? or have you experienced when in meditation or prayer that you feel people around you, even they are in a different room? When i say feeling, i mean that you can feel how many or even knowing who are in a different room?
And if they do enter your room (where you meditating/praying) even with looking at the person, you know who it is?

This happens more and more often in my meditation practice, so i was curious to if others had simiar experience?

That is natural that these things happen ... Divine is in all, so when connecting to the Divine naturally you experience these things
Another thing is that when you become more peaceful and less mind .. the Divine can use your body/mind to get things done

When starting on the spiritual path I met an advanced meditator. Whenever I had a question, I just had to think of him
Then he would come to me. After some time he told me "be careful what you think .. only ask for help when you really need"
And he added my wife gets upset now, because I have to leave the house all the time.

Now I experience this myself also

Another thing ... these are like "visiting cards" of the Divine, making you more eager and enthousiastic on the Spiritual path.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That is natural that these things happen ... Divine is in all, so when connecting to the Divine naturally you experience these things
Another thing is that when you become more peaceful and less mind .. the Divine can use your body/mind to get things done

When starting on the spiritual path I met an advanced meditator. Whenever I had a question, I just had to think of him
Then he would come to me. After some time he told me "be careful what you think .. only ask for help when you really need"
And he added my wife gets upset now, because I have to leave the house all the time.

Now I experience this myself also

Another thing ... these are like "visiting cards" of the Divine, making you more eager and enthousiastic on the Spiritual path.

Yes this is very similar to my own experience :) those who connect with me spiritually has a more easy way to get hold of me when they wish to know more about meditation or for those who are more advaned a more easy way to teach me deeper meditation second jhana and up toward 4 jhana :)

PureX

Veteran Member
I believe that it's important for me NOT to seek such 'magic tricks' as a spiritual practice. They are the doorway to a kind of insanity that I do not want in my life.

stvdv

Yes this is very similar to my own experience :) those who connect with me spiritually has a more easy way to get hold of me when they wish to know more about meditation or for those who are more advaned a more easy way to teach me deeper meditation second jhana and up toward 4 jhana :)

I have since 2 month a cat visiting me. This cat really is in tune with me. Acting on my thoughts all the time. Most animals are more in tune with humans than humans are in my experience. Most humans built a big wall around their heart to protect being hurt; but at a high price IMO

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I believe that it's important for me NOT to seek such 'magic tricks' as a spiritual practice. They are the doorway to a kind of insanity that I do not want in my life.
When you say "magic tricks" can you explain a little more about what put in the word magic tricks?

stvdv

I do not have such fear. My Love for my Master freed me of those fears. I see them as gifts of my Master. If He gives I am happy, if not I am happy

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have since 2 month a cat visiting me. This cat really is in tune with me. Acting on my thoughts all the time. Most animals are more in tune with humans than humans are in my experience. Most humans built a big wall around their heart to protect being hurt; but at a high price IMO
Yes people do tend to box them sef in and try to protect them self from what they do not understand or see as "natural" but in my own experieance there is a lot more for us to learn and understand from the "hidden side of life" from other realms of life :)

PureX

Veteran Member
When you say "magic tricks" can you explain a little more about what put in the word magic tricks?
i mean telepathy, telekinesis, prophesy, faith healing, speaking in tongues, levitating, astral projection, and so on. The problem with these 'tricks' is that they do not 'belong to us'. They are not a legitimate part of the human condition or experience and I do not want to be, or to play at being a demigod. I am grateful for the fact that I do NOT possess these attributes because I know that I do not have the wisdom to use them properly.

PureX

Veteran Member
I do not have such fear. My Love for my Master freed me of those fears. I see them as gifts of my Master. If He gives I am happy, if not I am happy
Fear is a good and proper attribute for a human being to possess. And even more-so, is humility.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In your religious/ spiritual practice, have you your self or by others experienced the ability to knowing what others think? or have you experienced when in meditation or prayer that you feel people around you, even they are in a different room? When i say feeling, i mean that you can feel how many or even knowing who are in a different room?

This happens moreand more often in my meditation practice, so i was curious to if others had simiar experience?
There is a game called 'Deer' that you may want to try. You get some friends together, and one of you sits, blindfolded, on a chair. Under the chair put a large set of keys or other noisy object. Your friends should try to snatch the keys, and you should try to point them out while you are blindfolded. If you point them out they are 'Out'; but if they steal the keys and manage to take them away a certain distance, they win. Whoever takes the keys gets blindfolded next and tries to point to whoever is sneaking up. In the way the game proceeds, and you hone your skills.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
i mean telepathy, telekinesis, prophesy, faith healing, speaking in tongues, levitating, astral projection, and so on. The problem with these 'tricks' is that they do not 'belong to us'. They are not a legitimate part of the human condition or experience and I do not want to be, or to play at being a demigod. I am grateful for the fact that I do NOT possess these attributes because I know that I do not have the wisdom to use them properly.

Here you say a lot of correct things. For those who develop this kind of things they have to be ble to not used it in times where it would be harmful to one self or others. But some abilities do arise when a person cultivate mind and body in a cultivation path. And actually those times an ablity unlock is not a wrong thing, but a result of a good cultivation practice.
You say they do not belong to is. Well on this i can say i am disagreeing with you, actually those abilities are the more natural us or should i say the more spiritual opening of us. But since mankind has become more "developed" in technology, we have forgotten that the abilities you mention are actually who we actually is. we as humans have locked our mind to the physical realm and can no longer see the non physical worlds around us (except for those who cultivate a spiritual path) because the cultivation is unlocking us to see the existance as it actually is :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is a game called 'Deer' that you may want to try. You get some friends together, and one of you sits, blindfolded, on a chair. Under the chair put a large set of keys or other noisy object. Your friends should try to snatch the keys, and you should try to point them out while you are blindfolded. If you point them out they are 'Out'; but if they steal the keys and manage to take them away a certain distance, they win. Whoever takes the keys gets blindfolded next and tries to point to whoever is sneaking up. In the way the game proceeds, and you hone your skills.
I have played a similar game some years ago :)

PureX

Veteran Member
As a Buddhist one thing we let go of is fear. fear is an hindrance to see freely the truth
That means nothing, to me. Only crazy people are not afraid when the circumstances and reason warrants it. We possess the capacity for fear for a reason. And we do not possess the capacity for these 'magic tricks' for a reason, as well. The main reason being that we do not possess the wisdom to engage in them righteously.

stvdv

Fear is a good and proper attribute for a human being to possess. And even more-so, is humility.

I used to have fear for these, reading in the Scriptures they can distract you from reaching your goal.
And I even told God explicitly "I don't want, nor need them" ... God granted them anyway
From this experience I became more humble ... God knows what is best/needed for me

Wisdom from the Yoga Vasistha, my favorite Scripture teaching me humility by following the below verses:
"It is the nature of the mind to accept certain things and to reject others; this is bondage, nothing else"
Hence the Yoga Vasistha advises me (the ones who follow the Yoga Vasistha ... others should follow their own path ... the YV advises):
"The Lord should be worshipped with all kinds of pleasures that are granted to one unsought, whether those pleasures are sanctioned by the scriptures, etc., or forbidden by them. The Lord should be worshipped with those which are regarded as desirable and others which are regarded as undesirable, with those that are considered appropriate and others that are considered inappropriate. For this worship, one should abandon what is lost and one should accept and receive what has been obtained without effort."

So for you it is better to stay away from it, and for me it is better to follow my path. I do not believe there is one path meant for all to follow.

stvdv

As a Buddhist one thing we let go of is fear. fear is an hindrance to see freely the truth

What is the Buddhist/your way to transform fear? I guess it's not as easy as "from now on I let it go". My way for example is to stay in the fear and breathe.
Sometimes my Master tells me to do things I fear a lot. But so far everytime I come out stronger and having less fear.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What is the Buddhist/your way to transform fear? I guess it's not as easy as "from now on I let it go". My way for example is to stay in the fear and breathe.
Sometimes my Master tells me to do things I fear a lot. But so far everytime I come out stronger and having less fear.
Understanding why the fear arise, then realizing that the fear are from the past experiences or fear of future situations :) meaning living in the moment is the only way to not let fear grab you.
Example fear of snakes, why fear? because you know some snakes is poison. meaning if it bite i get sick. But knowing this make me careful with snakes so when seeing one, it give me a choice, right? do i leave it or do i move it ? personally i leave it alone. not from fear but out of respect for the snake. So i do not need to fear the snake.

An other situation. 4 years ago i was in a hugh bus crash where two people died. Was i afraid in the situation? both yes and no, did i fear for my life? No.
But it took time to go back to take a bus :) that was out of fear for it to happen again. so actually i was fearing something that was a past experience. but did not have anything to do with the present moment. But i learned that fear is a hindrance in life because it stop me from doing what i want in the moment :) so gradually i could let go of fear all together