• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In your own words; what is the Black Flame?

Kori Houghton

Restricted
I AM UltraViolet.
BlackLight is My Illumination.

Last night I was fondly remembering the black flocked paper posters they sold at Spercer Gifts when I was a college student in the mid 1970s. Many of them had various New Age type scenes printed on the black in dayglo colors. And you could buy black light bulbs there, too, so you could enjoy your poster at home in all its trippyness. I had one with a mage type figure, kinda like the style of the illustrations in the film Ninth Gate. I even added a Latin caption at the bottom using my own supply of dayglo paint in quasi-gothic text.

When I read the phrase "black flame", that's what comes to mind. A metaphysical version of Boogie Nights. :disco:

blackout

Violet.
Last night I was fondly remembering the black flocked paper posters they sold at Spercer Gifts when I was a college student in the mid 1970s. Many of them had various New Age type scenes printed on the black in dayglo colors. And you could buy black light bulbs there, too, so you could enjoy your poster at home in all its trippyness. I had one with a mage type figure, kinda like the style of the illustrations in the film Ninth Gate. I even added a Latin caption at the bottom using my own supply of dayglo paint in quasi-gothic text.

When I read the phrase "black flame", that's what comes to mind. A metaphysical version of Boogie Nights. :disco:

When I was a teen I had one of those black velvet flourescent posters of a Cobra.
In the dark with the blacklight on
It's eyes would follow you all around the room...
wherever you went. :areyoucra

I'm pretty sure I got it at Spencer's too. :D

jasonwill2

The Left-Hand Path is extremely based on personal symbolism. That is how we are successful in the quest for enlightenment and in our magickal practices. I think coming in here saying that the concept of the Black Flame is BS is more BS than the actual concept.

Just to clarify, since I'm not sure who exactly you are directing this at, I really don't know what the Black Flame is, just that I don't like the name.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
So many new posts and threads I don't know where to begin, but it is good to see others exercising the powers of the Black Flame here, such as abstract thought.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

jasonwill2

Why do you not like the name?

Because it has the word Black in it, like so many goth/emo/dark/Satanic/you name it stuff.

Now that I think of it, the Black Mass is a dumb name too.

If a flame is black, you cannot see it. So why not just call the Black Flame "Darkness?"

I might actually like the concept of the Black Flame, I don't know but I know that the number of times I saw an article that was about it I overlooked it because the name was a turn off.

But I could always be persuaded to accept the idea and just call it something else. :)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
So many new posts and threads I don't know where to begin, but it is good to see others exercising the powers of the Black Flame here, such as abstract thought.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

You can check out my new thread xp. Yeah lhp got blown up last night... I still do not get this blak flame stuff did you read my post about it page or two back?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I haven't really looked into the concept of the Black Flame, but the name makes sense to me on some level. The consciousness is often described as a flame. However, we're not talking about a gift of a god or another, therefore the Black Flame to set it appart from other similar terms. I kind of like the sound of it, despite the tingle of cliché involved.

jasonwill2

I haven't really looked into the concept of the Black Flame, but the name makes sense to me on some level. The consciousness is often described as a flame. However, we're not talking about a gift of a god or another, therefore the Black Flame to set it appart from other similar terms. I kind of like the sound of it, despite the tingle of cliché involved.

When different substences or gases burn, they emit different colors. The closest thing to Black would be a very dark red or purple. Purple light is the most energetic of visible light, and a very deep purple flame would be the most energetic form of light coming from a flame that is barely within our perception before it goes into higher wavelengths.

So to me the idea of the "Purple" or Violet flame would make sense to me personally. Then again I like the color purple :yes: (as well as red)

@ iti Oj, I recall your post but I wasn't sure if that was your own take or not. I'm not actually sure of the origins of the term tbh either.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
When different substences or gases burn, they emit different colors. The closest thing to Black would be a very dark red or purple. Purple light is the most energetic of visible light, and a very deep purple flame would be the most energetic form of light coming from a flame that is barely within our perception before it goes into higher wavelengths.

So to me the idea of the "Purple" or Violet flame would make sense to me personally. Then again I like the color purple :yes: (as well as red)
Haha. To see the day when mystical ideas are expressed only with scientific logic. :D
...hopefully that never happens. That would take away much of the poetry of it.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Haha. To see the day when mystical ideas are expressed only with scientific logic. :D
...hopefully that never happens. That would take away much of the poetry of it.

You think so? I think science showing mysticism to be valid will be a great thing. Go quantum physicists! I am a mystic partially due to science.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
You think so? I think science showing mysticism to be valid will be a great thing. Go quantum physicists! I am a mystic partially due to science.
I have nothing against using both science and mysticism to make sense of the world, but I feel it would be sad if the esoteric language would be tied only to scientificly accurate terms. "You can't say it's a black flame! Black flames don't exist!", that kind of stuff.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I have nothing against using both science and mysticism to make sense of the world, but I feel it would be sad if the esoteric language would be tied only to scientificly accurate terms. "You can't say it's a black flame! Black flames don't exist!", that kind of stuff.

Ah, I see what you are saying and agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackout

Violet.

@ iti Oj, I recall your post but I wasn't sure if that was your own take or not. I'm not actually sure of the origins of the term tbh either.

A Blacklight glows Purple.
Why then do you suppose it would be called a Black-light?

White lights are meant to illuminate an entire room...
ie, to make 'everything' in it clearly visible.
They are used to make the room 'Not dark'.
Black lights are meant to selectively illuminate (or 'glow') things in a DARK room.
Blacklights are only effective in an otherwise 'black' room.
Blacklights require surrounding darkness by their very nature.

They eminate purple yes,
but they illuminate more starkly in the blackest of black.

Some things can only be seen in the dark.

Last edited:
Hi, new to this site. Anyways, The Black Flame/Fire has and always is an ongoing mystery.

Years ago I was given the other point of a twinpoint quartz cluster. The original was used decades ago in an amulet when it's owner had began his budding in Dark magick, at a very young time. The crystal had turned dark as if soaked in a fine mist inside of black. The twin was unused, and stayed white. I was told to be careful with what I made its focus.

Being a pure white witch at the time, I knew balance was demanded of me, so i decided to make this amulet my first step into Dark magick. I sat and I closed my eyes and looked into the dark. I contemplated the energies that permeated this place and our world and suddenly I saw glowing orbs of different color and vibration. They began swirling and smashing together in pairs until the last. Right as they all became one, they were gone and a black flame had appeared in my right hand. This was the first time I've ever looked at my minds projection of my body like this. The flame did not come from my psyche. I never even read a fairy tale about it, yet alone thought fire could be black.

I told him I found a focus, I made my setup and began the summoning, focusing and binding spells. As I worked, I was so focused I was unaware of a sudden growing argument escalating into a fight between my roommates. I just heard noise.

When I had finished, upon that very second the argument was over, they all parted directions. It's then that he realized what I had just did. I had not intended to use them for power and energy.

He wove it into an amulet, one he bled making. I still feel it around my neck even when it's not on. This Black Fire, I found out....was what he focused his with too, without telling me. I surprised him.

I can give what little information I can but I seek info as well.

The Black Flame is called that because it quite literally is blackest. More blackand pitch than the void of darkness your eyes or mind could create. It's power when tapped I've found is immense, potent and chaotic. The drawbacks are a merging of you and it, which creates a toll on your energy when it's use is unchecked. Simply put, I believe you can burn yourself out.

The truly interesting bit? The next year a White Flame appeared. I took both as a sign that I was and am on the right path to pure balance and harmony.