• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In your Hand (in your forehead)

Daisies4me

May peace be with you, Thief,

Sadly, the truth of what is happening in the world IS horrifying. It requires caring people who are awakened to it, to do battle with those seeking to rule over us, we, who are the children of God.

Wake up!! Spread the word so ignorance cannot be used to keep us asleep and unable to thwart the plans of evil in the world.

Daisies4me

(quotes)
I like this passage at 2 Chronicle 20:17 "You will not need to fight this battle. Take your position, stand still,+ and see the salvation of Jehovah in your behalf.*+ O Judah and Jerusalem, do not be afraid or be terrified.+Tomorrow go out against them, and Jehovah will be with you.’”

This applied previously , and they 'did not need to fight', because Jehovah stood up for them.
Could this also apply in some instances today? We will have to wait and see, won't we?

Daisies4me

your opinion would have people chasing each other through written lines.....centuries old
( and they do!.......tv evangelicals make a lot of money doing it!)

do not conform to this world......as in
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

that has been on the earth as far back a written language
carved in stone at least a thousand years before the Carpenter walked

but when He quoted that 'common' law in the face of the Pharisees.....
they sought to kill Him.....from that hour onward
( new testament)

seems the 'golden rule' flies in the face of authority

It got the Carpenter killed

(quote)
It is not easy being obedient to the laws of God and Christ while living in a system ruled by Satan and his demons. That has been the issue from the beginning, when Satan lied to Eve and got her to disobey God, and then Adam, not being deceived, but willfully went along with Eve and disobeyed God's command that He gave to the first human pair.
The temptation is always there, and Satan makes it very easy to step over the bounds that God has set for mankind. More difficult it is to actually OBEY God rather than men.
Throughout the history of the world, it has been so. Those who obey God are Satan's primary targets. So, it is his job to trip up Christians, and try to get them to obey him rather than God thru deceit, more often than a full frontal attack.
Usually Satan transforms himself into an angel of light, making it appear to the untrained eye, that what he is offering is good, and he tempts all people into following him, unless they take the time to study God's Written Word, and pray for God's Holy Spirit to enable them to understand and to guide them.
So, from the very beginning, those who obey the God of the Bible have had a fight against false doctrines, temptations, and traps set by 'the great birdcatcher'. One must be aware, and examine all things by the light of the Scriptures, all the more so in these 'last day'. please note what is written at 2 Timothy 3:1-5. (anyone not having a copy of the Bible can read it online at www.jw.org, under the heading 'read the Bible')
We have a 'wrestling', the Bible says, a constant attempt by Satan to win us over to his side, and cause us to abandon God's instructions for life.
We have the example of Ezekiel 3:4-10, then read Ezekiel 9.
Where did the 'man with the secretary's inkhorn' (Jesus Christ) mark those who were sighing and groaning over the detestable things that are being done in that city, who were to be spared, and not to be destroyed?
In order to understand what is written, one must search out many things that may not be understood at first blush. study, pray for understanding. May Jehovah God give you peace in your search for His Truth and Righteousness.

Daisies4me

all of your post is figurative....

suit of armor
God's kingdom to come
without spot of the world
the yoke (load) of the Lord is light

this thread is about the physical
the tangible in hand
and the motivation of mind

the kingdom of God is not of this world

to escape the mark of the beast....you would have nothing to do with this world
and you might find yourself living as did John the Baptist
(quote)

Is God's Kingdom to come not a reality to you?
I don't think it to be figurative at all. You know, Jesus commanded that we pray for "God's Kingdom to come, ...on earth as it is in the heavens" in the 'Lord's Prayer', as most people call it--- have you read that for yourself in the Bible? You can find it at Matthew 6:9-10.

a couple of things that the Bible says about the Kingdom of God may help us to see that the Kingdom is a real government that will rule over the literal earth soon.
"THe God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed" says Daniel 2:44
"A Son has been given to us; and the GOVERNMENT will rest on his shoulder" says Isaiah 9:6
What that can mean for you and me--
1) a righteous government that can benefit us personally.--Isaiah 48:17,18
2) In a coming new world, life in perfect health and happiness. -- read Revelation 21:3-4
Think also, about what life will be like under the rule of God's Kingdom---
Psalm 37:29, "The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever upon it."

and, Isaiah 65:21-23 gives a wonderful idea of what people will be doing under the rule of God's kingdom.
So, from these and other scriptures, I would ask you to give it some more consideration as to the reality of the Kingdom of God being a real government that will rule over the earth.
That Government by God, is not now nor ever will be any part of "this world" that is ruled by Satan. The earth will be cleansed of all ungodly people that make up 'the world' (ungodly rulers of society that exists now and those who pledge their allegiance to that corrupt rule) and that cleansing is straight out prophesied at Revelation 16:14, &16., among other places in the Bible. The Kingdom is a reality. It is a real literal government that will rule over the earth forever. Now, do you still. after investigating these scriptures and thoughts, believe that the Kingdom is only 'figurative'?

Upaava

(quotes)
I like this passage at 2 Chronicle 20:17 "You will not need to fight this battle. Take your position, stand still,+ and see the salvation of Jehovah in your behalf.*+ O Judah and Jerusalem, do not be afraid or be terrified.+Tomorrow go out against them, and Jehovah will be with you.’”

This applied previously , and they 'did not need to fight', because Jehovah stood up for them.
Could this also apply in some instances today? We will have to wait and see, won't we?

May peace be with you, Daisies4me,

I am sometimes faced with people who believe that opposing evil in the world is God's work, that we should not get involved. But this is a mistaken view, disallowing everything we've been taught about love and compassion. In this world, God's work is truly given through us, until the time when God will take direct action. Until then, we are called upon to make this world a better place ourselves, making sacrifice of our lives to help those in need, especially those in dire need as are the children who are disappearing daily to be used in horrible ways. "Waiting and seeing" will not help these children who are suffering and dying every day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BplUD6kQYuU

If we do not fight against evil, it will certainly fluorish, as it has been, working in the shadows to avoid recognition. But courageous people have risked everything to expose this fiendishness, even dying to get out the truth.

We must carry on this work however we can, even just making Facebook posts, or comments in different venues, but especially, when possible, to fully devote ourselves to this fight, especially for the children. Surely, those who do will be on the side of God's angels, receiving guidance and protection.

Daisies4me

May peace be with you, Daisies4me,

I am sometimes faced with people who believe that opposing evil in the world is God's work, that we should not get involved. But this is a mistaken view, disallowing everything we've been taught about love and compassion. In this world, God's work is truly given through us, until the time when God will take direct action. Until then, we are called upon to make this world a better place ourselves, making sacrifice of our lives to help those in need, especially those in dire need as are the children who are disappearing daily to be used in horrible ways. "Waiting and seeing" will not help these children who are suffering and dying every day.

If we do not fight against evil, it will certainly fluorish, as it has been, working in the shadows to avoid recognition. But courageous people have risked everything to expose this fiendishness, even dying to get out the truth.

We must carry on this work however we can, even just making Facebook posts, or comments in different venues, but especially, when possible, to fully devote ourselves to this fight, especially for the children. Surely, those who do will be on the side of God's angels, receiving guidance and protection.
(quote)
Thank you, and may the Peace of God return to you, as well. Now, when speaking of 'fighting', there are different ways, imo, of how we can 'fight against evil'.
These horrific things are not new; they have been going on for a very long time. Yes, they are disgusting, and yes, we certainly want to be in harmony with God's directions on that and all matters, as He directs His angels to guide His servants on the earth.
What is the best way to 'fight' against evil on the earth today? If Satan really controls the governments of the world, as the Bible says it does, how would it be best for those in opposition to 'the god of the world' and the things that He projects and protects, be able to do so and ye remain free from judgment? Jesus says that the one who 'lives by the sword dies by the sword', so literal warfare is not agreeable to God.

Please, consider a couple of scriptural points; "The evil one controls the whole world" says 1 JOhn 5:19. Is it any wonder that so many people in high places have gotten away with this behavior for so long?? what has happened to ones who have tried to make truth known, or stop this evil from flourishing? if not for the internet today, do you think that it would be made known on the magnitude that it is right now? No. which is why the attempts to regulate and censor the internet are imminent.
What hope do we have? "the Son of Man came ...to destroy the devil's work" says 1 John 3:8.
You do understand that many who seek to correct such issues thru worldly 'legal
channels usually don't normally live very long, right? Bad 'accidents' seem to occur frequently when someone exposes hidden things' . The powers that be are not going to allow John Q. to come along and shine light of truth on a global stink that involves most all of the emperors and rulers, and false religious leaders, do you? We are deep in the "time of the end", and the time for "the ruler of this world will be cast out." (John 12:31) is upon us.
Time is better served, imo, by drawing attention to the Word of God and helping people find hope therein, and changing the hearts of people from being lawless ones not knowing the way out, to those confident in the Bible promises and applying Bible principles in their own lives, while cutting ties with the doomed 'Babylon the Great' as Rev. 18:3-5 is going down and becoming neutral in political affairs of the nations. This is not far off. It is very, very close. God has a plan to rid the earth of such ones. And His way always works best. Don't you think? When Jehovah promises to do something, it is as good as done. God cannot lie. (Hebrews 6:18) see Isaiah 55: 10-11 also. Have faith in Jesus promise that "the ruler of this world will be cast out", (John 12:31), and let's do our utmost to be found by him 'spotless from the world' when the King of Kings and Lord of Lords arrives in battle gear, and cleanses the earth of all 'ungodly men'. 2 Peter 3:7. The majority of Bible prophecies have already been fulfilled. only the ones that apply to the end are yet to be revealed.

Daisies4me

the kingdom is not of this world

as for this topic thread.....
just try to keep the mark of the beast ....out of your hand

yeah right
the kingdom is not of this world

as for this topic thread.....
just try to keep the mark of the beast ....out of your hand

yeah right
(quote)

Revelation 11:15 The seventh angel blew his trumpet.+ And there were loud voices in heaven, saying: “The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord+ and of his Christ,+ and he will rule as king forever and ever.”+

18 But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time came for the dead to be judged and to reward+ your slaves the prophets+ and the holy ones and those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining* the earth.”+

Daniel 2:44 “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,"

Revelation 12:
10 I heard a loud voice in heaven say:“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!"

21:3 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God+ and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.+ 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them.+ 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes,+ and death will be no more,+ neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.+ The former things have passed away.”

Yes, God's Kingdom is real. And it is going to rule over the earth and mankind, and restore the earth to the paradise condition it was meant to be from the beginning, with people who obey God and Christ residing therein in true peace and security, under God's Anointed King, Jesus the Christ. Hope to see you there.

Daisies4me

your opinion would have people chasing each other through written lines.....centuries old
( and they do!.......tv evangelicals make a lot of money doing it!)

do not conform to this world......as in
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

that has been on the earth as far back a written language
carved in stone at least a thousand years before the Carpenter walked

but when He quoted that 'common' law in the face of the Pharisees.....
they sought to kill Him.....from that hour onward
( new testament)

seems the 'golden rule' flies in the face of authority

It got the Carpenter killed

(quote)
When Jesus was on earth, he was persecuted by the authorities and religious leaders, because He exposed their false teachings, and they had to silence Him, as people were putting faith in Jesus rather than them.
So today, those who are true followers of the Christ would face the same disdain by people who seek power and authority over others in this system of rule that we now live under. The Bible tells us that 'a slave is not greater than his master--if they have persecuted me, they will persecute you also', Jesus said. Being obedient to and following the example set forth for us by Jesus is not an easy road to take. 1 Peter 2:21 will verify.
So, if people are refusing to 'take the mark of the beast', they should expect similar treatment.

If someone hold you down and puts a chip into you, or a tattoo, without your permission or cooperation, do you expect that God would look at you any differently because of it?
The Bible says that people receive “the mark of the wild beast” because they follow it “with admiration,” to the point of worshipping it. (Revelation 13:3, 4; 16:2)
They do this by giving worshipful honor to their country, its symbols, or its military might. As The Encyclopedia of Religion states: “Nationalism has become a dominant form of religion in the modern world.”
Those of us who have pledged our allegiance to the Kingdom of God and Christ as our King, do not become involved in any of the political skirmishes going on in the world, preferring to be sent to prison or in some cases, be executed, (many have been) rather than be disloyal to our King and His Kingdom. It is a choice. Some choose to put their faith in the worldly kingdoms, and their use of military might to accomplish control over others. As for us, we remain neutral in all of it, and thereby, refuse the 'mark of the beast' in all of its forms. Yes, death may be a side effect in so doing, but we have faith in the resurrection promise of the Bible. They can kill this body, but the soul is in God's memory, and He will call us to live again. no one wants to die, but if it is required to keep free from the beast and its markings, so be it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think wandering about in the kingdom is a matter of .....fitting in
if you don't belong....you won't be there

I hope to be granted a robe
and a ring ( a sign of belonging)
but this much is a metaphor

flesh cannot inherit the kingdom

and of course.....if you are already marked
a sign of some other kingdom.....

Daisies4me

I think wandering about in the kingdom is a matter of .....fitting in
if you don't belong....you won't be there

I hope to be granted a robe
and a ring ( a sign of belonging)
but this much is a metaphor

flesh cannot inherit the kingdom

and of course.....if you are already marked
a sign of some other kingdom.....
(quote)
Good morning
It is true that 'flesh and blood' cannot enter into the heavens. You are correct.
Humans were not intended to live in the spirit realm in the heavens, however, so it has no bearing on the rulership of God's Kingdom over the earth, does it?
Mankind was created by God from the literal 'earth', the dust of the ground, isn't that what the creati(on account tells us?
And the Bible also tells us that to God the heavens belong, but the earth was created for the sons of men;
God's heavenly Kingdom is to rule over all the earth. ( I really enjoy reading it in Psalm 72 focus on verse 8) Humans living on the earth will be ruled over by the Kingdom of the heavens.
Doesn't Matthew 5:5 tells us that 'the meek shall inherit the earth'? How about revelation 21:3-4, which tells us that 'the tent' of God, 'coming down from heaven' will be with mankind?
How about what Psalm 37:29 promises?
Doesn't it tell us that the righteous will inherit the earth, and reside forever upon it?
So 'flesh and blood' mankind will inhabit the earth forever. right?
Proverbs 2:21-22 tells us who will 'remain' in the earth, and who will be removed from the earth as well. Eccl. 1:4 assures us that the earth abides forever, also. Good news?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
obviously choices will be made
as for who resides in heaven....that choice belongs to God and heaven

you prefer the flesh?

Daisies4me

you prefer the flesh?
(quote)

Mankind created by God is a body of flesh. Adam and Eve were flesh. Had they not sinned, they would still be alive, and in perfect health, living on the earth, wouldn't they? Only wilful sin caused God to pass the judgment of death upon them-- so where would they be and in what form, had they obeyed God rather than obeying Satan?

The perfect man, Jesus was flesh. "Man born of woman". He proved that mankind can resist the temptation of Satan, and paid the Ransom price for all human fleshly beings to have the opportunity to live on the earth in perfection, just as Adam and Eve did, before they rebelled against God. Why wouldn't I want to remain on earth as a human being created to live on the earth by God?

That was the purpose of the Creation of the earth and mankind, remember? Look at Psalms 115:16. Would you reject a gift like that from God?
How could I resist the promises God gave to His obedient ones on the earth stated at Isaiah 65:21-25?
God will remove the effects of sin, and restore the earth and mankind to perfection. Yes, I certainly do want to reside in His 'Holy Mountain'. To be sure. That is God's original purpose for humankind.

Daisies4me

you prefer the flesh?
(quote)
Do you know that the Bible tells us what the 'little flock' that 'goes to heaven' will do when they get there?
yes, it does----
(Luke 12:32)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
(quote)

Mankind created by God is a body of flesh. Adam and Eve were flesh. Had they not sinned, they would still be alive, and in perfect health, living on the earth, wouldn't they? Only wilful sin caused God to pass the judgment of death upon them-- so where would they be and in what form, had they obeyed God rather than obeying Satan?

The perfect man, Jesus was flesh. "Man born of woman". He proved that mankind can resist the temptation of Satan, and paid the Ransom price for all human fleshly beings to have the opportunity to live on the earth in perfection, just as Adam and Eve did, before they rebelled against God. Why wouldn't I want to remain on earth as a human being created to live on the earth by God?

That was the purpose of the Creation of the earth and mankind, remember? Look at Psalms 115:16. Would you reject a gift like that from God?
How could I resist the promises God gave to His obedient ones on the earth stated at Isaiah 65:21-25?
God will remove the effects of sin, and restore the earth and mankind to perfection. Yes, I certainly do want to reside in His 'Holy Mountain'. To be sure. That is God's original purpose for humankind.
I don't read Genesis as you do

Man was never meant to live forever in flesh

and the purpose of flesh is to generate a unique soul on each occasion

don't forget to not take a mark .....not found in heaven

Thief

Rogue Theologian
(quote)
Do you know that the Bible tells us what the 'little flock' that 'goes to heaven' will do when they get there?
yes, it does----
(Luke 12:32)
if I survive the last breath (allowed to continue)
and then have the opportunity to spend one year with each other survivor.....
I might be busy for the next 7billion years

Daisies4me

I don't read Genesis as you do

Man was never meant to live forever in flesh

and the purpose of flesh is to generate a unique soul on each occasion

don't forget to not take a mark .....not found in heaven

(quote)

May I ask which scriptures you base your opinion on, when you say that 'man was never meant to live forever in flesh'?

I believe that the person is 'a soul'. Not that a person 'has' a soul.
Look at Genesis 2:7. God says that "the man came to be a living soul" when God breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, right? It does not say that the man was 'given a soul', it says that the man became a living soul....

The earth is not some kind of 'proving ground', or stopover on the way to 'heaven', as I understand the Bible to say. Psalms 37:29 says that says that the righteous "will reside forever" on the earth, doesn't it? How long is forever?

The soul is not immortal, either. Ezekiel 18:4, and 31 tells us that the sinful soul dies. As does Psalms 146:3-4.
Proverbs 2:21-22 tells us who it is that is removed from the earth, as well as who it is that 'remains' therein....

Pagan false religious doctrines have perpetuated such notions that you speak of, sadly, but they are not taught in the Bible.

Daisies4me

if I survive the last breath (allowed to continue)
and then have the opportunity to spend one year with each other survivor.....
I might be busy for the next 7billion years

(quote)
You do realize, don't you, that the Bible tells us the answer to most questions, including what those of the little flock (as opposed to the Great Crowd of 'other sheep' who inherit the earth and live forever upon it) will do when they are taken up to the heavenly spirit realm of God?

They are resurrected up as mighty spirit creatures, in the 'first' resurrection-- (first indicating that there will be a second resurrection to follow, right?)

Since the 'second', or 'general' resurrection that is what most of mankind will experience is here on earth, and those resurrected will come back in human form to live again here on the same earth that they died on, and are said to be the 'other sheep' that Jesus had , in addition to the 'little flock', (as stated in John 10:16) , -- who do you suppose is going to rule with Christ in the heavens?
see 1 Corinthians 6:2, and Revelation 5:10.
what do you say?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
(quote)

May I ask which scriptures you base your opinion on, when you say that 'man was never meant to live forever in flesh'?

I believe that the person is 'a soul'. Not that a person 'has' a soul.
Look at Genesis 2:7. God says that "the man came to be a living soul" when God breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, right? It does not say that the man was 'given a soul', it says that the man became a living soul....

The earth is not some kind of 'proving ground', or stopover on the way to 'heaven', as I understand the Bible to say. Psalms 37:29 says that says that the righteous "will reside forever" on the earth, doesn't it? How long is forever?

The soul is not immortal, either. Ezekiel 18:4, and 31 tells us that the sinful soul dies. As does Psalms 146:3-4.
Proverbs 2:21-22
tells us who it is that is removed from the earth, as well as who it is that 'remains' therein....

Pagan false religious doctrines have perpetuated such notions that you speak of, sadly, but they are not taught in the Bible.
Man was created on Day six
No names, no law, no garden....no tree of knowledge

go forth be fruitful, multiply, dominate all things

day Seven....nothing more will be created

Chapter Two is not a retelling of Chapter one

Daisies4me

(quote)

People can say anything. Show me in Scripture. Philosophy doesn't count, nor does opinion.

Address what the Scriptures tell us, please.

thanks