• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In What Ways are You Different From How People Perceive You?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know. I am an Aspie, so how other humans in part see me, is off limits to me in some sense.

So how I do I see myself - I am a philosophy nerd and a strong skeptic, so I am weird. As for personality I am introvert, big surprise. I can be a pain in the *** because I demand of others that they can understand the world beyond their own subjective understanding. Otherwise my wife say I am somewhat nice and caring, but I can be stern and sometimes to much.

Regards
Mikkel
You're among the few here who are amenable to civil discussion.
You're dynamic, ie, able to pivot in a conversation based upon
how it proceeds. This differs from the one note types who abound.
A good thing this is.

I find that aspies or those tending in that direction are easier
for me to deal with. There seems to be less social stuff that
is taken for granted.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not as tall as I seem online...

Seriously, people in real life have a very hard time believing I am 70 both physically and mentally.
From your posts I thought you were over
100, & losing the battle against dementia.
(I have a head start on you.)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Physically offline isn't different, people get what they see.
Online I don't really know how people think i look (although there are a couple of (purposely) not very good pics around. I think some people think of me as the sexy cougar cat lady, an image i can live with ;-) so will do nothing to put them right.

Mentally, in life i am gregarious and friendly, although this was not always so. I think a lot depends on the people around you.
Online, some see me as the evil atheist god hater. Nothing could be further from the truth. I hate god as much as i hate harry potter and for the same reason.

Whether people both on and off line see me as joker who often uses sarcasm or not, who cares.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But what about when those animals receive a check, essentially paying themselves with their own money? They can buy me that frame.
They can & should.
Now we're talking custom frame with conservation materials & museum glass.

MNoBody

a few thoughts on the topic:
-those people into compiling stats indicate that it takes about 3-4 yrs to get to really "know" someone who you spend the bulk of your time with.....
-religious traditions have shown us over thousands of years that no individual ever really knows their own authentic "self";
-the word for person comes from persona meaning mask, a portrayal, a depiction, a caricature;
-all the world is a stage and we the players, the actors, the portrayers (or something to that effect);
-knee-jerk reactions vs. thoughtful observation resulting in carefully considered assessment;
who can know the heart?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Online I don't really know how people think i look (although there are a couple of (purposely) not very good pics around. I think some people think of me as the sexy cougar cat lady, an image i can live with ;-) so will do nothing to put them right.

Mentally, in life i am gregarious and friendly, although this was not always so. I think a lot depends on the people around you.
Online, some see me as the evil atheist god hater. Nothing could be further from the truth. I hate god as much as i hate harry potter and for the same reason.

Whether people both on and off line see me as joker who often uses sarcasm or not, who cares.

I see you as kind of a Tulsi Gabbard type.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
a few thoughts on the topic:
-those people into compiling stats indicate that it takes about 3-4 yrs to get to really "know" someone who you spend the bulk of your time with.....
-religious traditions have shown us over thousands of years that no individual ever really knows their own authentic "self";
-the word for person comes from persona meaning mask, a portrayal, a depiction, a caricature;
-all the world is a stage and we the players, the actors, the portrayers (or something to that effect);
-knee-jerk reactions vs. thoughtful observation resulting in carefully considered assessment;
who can know the heart?
One cannot know the person so quickly,
but one can know something about the person.
And that something can be significant.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I think of you as desperately needing some skin & eyes.
But you do have a wicked smile.

Hate Harry Potter?
I must re-evaluate our relationship.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Wow! What did poor old Harry do to you? :oops:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I think of you as desperately needing some skin & eyes.
But you do have a wicked smile.

Hate Harry Potter?
I must re-evaluate our relationship.

That was sarcasm. Mentioned it later in the post. How does one hate a fiction?