• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In UK the new £50 will feature Alan Turing

Stanyon

WWMRD?
There used to be a saying in my area of the United States when something was different or odd it was said to be "queer as a three dollar bill", it has since fallen out of fashion.

Darkforbid

alan-turing-50-note.jpg

Altfish

Veteran Member
There used to be a saying in my area of the United States when something was different or odd it was said to be "queer as a three dollar bill", it has since fallen out of fashion.
In those days ''bent' meant dishonest.

In UK, it was "Bent as a 9-bob note".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Having had Charles Darwin on the note we are now going to have a mathematical icon, war hero and gay man on our new notes.

The UK gets a lot wrong but this is good.
Seems appropriate, since most Brits are gay.
But why isn't he wearing a powdered wig?

Erebus

Seems appropriate, since most Brits are gay.
But why isn't he wearing a powdered wig?

I have it on good authority that the new 99p coin will feature a cup of tea wearing a powdered wig. The quote will be, "This chip butty is a bit too spicy for me."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Having had Charles Darwin on the note we are now going to have a mathematical icon, war hero and gay man on our new notes.

The UK gets a lot wrong but this is good.
Ya know? It's not polite to brag and point out with neon signs that the rest of the world is way behind and inferior.:p

Altfish

Veteran Member
It gets better, apparently somewhere on the note is his date of birth in binary.
23 June 1912 has been converted to 23061912 which in turn gives a Binary value: 01010111111110010110011000 (I think)

Brilliant