• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In three days

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus said "break down this temple and in three days I will build it" John 2:19

I have just received an inspiration about the three days.

It is the custom to believe he meant he will raise himself (or be raised - depending on perspective*)

The temple pictures the place where God rests in a person. Jesus being the best example of it. God rested in members of Israel and it is how Jesus became present. And then he died. But he said he must die as a seed dies (changes) so that more will grow. It was his death that strenthened everyone believing in him.

That is what he meant. As in Israel God's will was done; so in the death of the Christ God's will is done through those believing. Believing in him was changed by the antichrist (as Paul said there were many even then) into believing in his return. He is power. Why must he return?

Hebrews 6:4-6
King James Version (KJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 10:29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

See how believers are sanctifed by the blood of the covenant? Some people want him back thus treating the blood of the covenant as something unholy.

1In the eighth month, in the second year of Darius, hath a word of Jehovah been unto Zechariah, son of Berechiah, son of Iddo, the prophet, saying: 2‘Jehovah was wroth against your fathers — wrath! 3And thou hast said unto them, Thus said Jehovah of Hosts, turn back unto Me, An affirmation of Jehovah of Hosts, And I turn back unto you, said Jehovah of Hosts. 4Ye shall not be as your fathers, To whom the former prophets called, saying: Thus said Jehovah of Hosts, Turn back I pray you, From your evil ways and from your evil doings, And they did not hearken, Nor attend to Me — an affirmation of Jehovah. 5Your fathers — where [are] they? And the prophets — to the age do they live? 6Only, My words, and My statutes, That I commanded My servants the prophets, Have they not overtaken your fathers, And they turn back and say: As Jehovah of Hosts designed to do to us, According to our ways, and according to our doings, So He hath done to us?’

*the thread isn't about that OK?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why does scripture SAY he will return?

It is because "they were eating...drinking...marrying...buying....selling". Whenever a person is concerned with such things he cannot commune with the living God. God knows you need these things. But people put them before God, isn't it true? When a person will forsake those things to search for YHVH then Christ returns to the person.

There are many scriptures about it but You already know them.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
??????????????

Right now I love you all!

Dead for three days. Those three days is were hope is born. Jesus is the hope of God.

The days days I am dead, says the Lord, are what will raise God's hope for God's will for the generation believing me.

??????????????

Right now I love you all!

Dead for three days. Those three days is were hope is born. Jesus is the hope of God.

The days days I am dead, says the Lord, are what will raise God's hope for God's will for the generation believing me.

"The Son of Man" --- Living, Active, Subject --- "SHALL BE" --- “shall be” alive, acting, working, doing : “shall be” willing, obedient, shall "earnestly desire", "to do Thy Will o God". "My Food is to do the Works of My Father", "to magnify Thy Law, o My God". "SO, shall the Son of Man, BE” : “be, in the heart of the earth", ALIVE.

Christ : DYING THE DEATH OF DEATH consciously and striving, was Christ who through His LIFE overcame and conquered sin, pain and death, so that “God raised Christ from the dead by the EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER WHICH HE WORKED us-toward who believe...” to save us

Friday noon to Sunday morning 3 days??
Three days NT texts 1

Abib 14, Wednesday night and Thursday day = Fifth Day ....

1A) HERE BEGINS the NIGHT and the FIRST of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
wherein Jesus ENTERED IN in “the Kingdom of my Father” (Jesus’ Jonah’s descent to hell) :–
Mk14:12/17; Mt26:17/20; Lk22:7/14; Jn13:1.

1B) HERE BEGINS the MORNING of the FIRST of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
in which Jesus was delivered and crucified :–
Mk15:1/Mt27:1/Lk23:1/Jn19:14

1C) HERE is the LATE NOON AND MID–AFTERNOON of the FIRST of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
when Jesus DIED and was deserted by all :–
Mk15:37–41; Mk27:50–56; Lk23:44–49; Jn19:28–30

. . . . .
Abib 15, Thursday night and Friday day = Sixth Day ....

2A) HERE BEGINS the SECOND of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
the day whereon Joseph WOULD BURY the body of Jesus :–
Mk15:42/Mt27:57, Lk23:50–51, Jn19:31/38.

2B) HERE is the NIGHT of the SECOND of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
wherein Joseph begged the body, and according to the law of the Jews – the passover’s law – undertook and prepared to bury Jesus:–
Mk15:43–46a; Mt27:58–59; Lk23:52–53a; Jn19:31b–40

2C) HERE is the LATE NOON AND MID–AFTERNOON of the SECOND of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
when Joseph and Nicodemus laid the body and closed the tomb; and men and women left for home :–
Mk15:46b–47; Mk27:60–61; Lk23:53b–56a; JN19:41–42

. . . . .
Abib 16, Friday night and Saturday day = Seventh Day Sabbath....

3A) HERE BEGINS the THIRD of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
THAT JESUS WOULD RISE FROM THE DEAD ON :–
Lk23:56b

3B) HERE is the MORNING of the THIRD of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
Pilate ordered a guard “for the third day” :–
Mt27:62–66

3C) HERE is “IN the Sabbath’s Fullness MID–AFTERNOON” of the THIRD of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
First Sheaf Wave Offering Before the LORD :–
Mt28:1–4.

__________________________________________________ ___

Abib 17, Saturday night and Sunday day = First Day ....

4A) HERE begins the day AFTER the “three days” (fourth day of the passover season) :–
that Jesus WOULD APPEAR on :–
Mk16:1, “When the Sabbath was past ..... they BOUGHT ....”

4B) HERE is the EVENING of this day,
Jn20:1–10 Mary sees the DOOR STONE was away from the tomb (discovers tomb has been OPENED);

4C) HERE is the NIGHT of this day,
Lk24:1–10 “DEEP(EST) DARKNESS” ––– “women with their spices” and ointments go to salve the body; “they found Him NOT” (discover tomb is EMPTY);
Mk16:2–8 “very early (before) SUN’S RISING” ––– women’s return–visit to ascertain; “they fled terrified and told NO ONE”.

4D) Here is sunrise (‘Sunday’ morning),
Jn20:11f, Mk16:9 “Mary had had stood behind” .... saw the gardener (sunrise); “Risen, early (sunrise) on the First Day, Jesus first APPEARED to Mary ....”
Mt28:5–10 “The angel explained to the (other) women (Mt28:1–4) .... As they went to tell .... Jesus met them” (after sunrise).
Mt28:11–15 Guard to high priests.

USE BIBLES OF BEFORE THE TWENTIETH CENTURY – they are not as wangled as the later ones. And compare those ancient translations with the modern ones to see the truth of the older ones!

Matthew 28:1

“opse de” and in fullness / late on / in

“sabbatohn” of the Sabbath

(“sabbatohn”) the Sabbath’s / Sabbath’s–time’s

“tehi” in the

“epi” very / midst / inclining

“phohs” light / daylight / (noon)

“ousehi” in the being

“eis” towards / before / tending / against

“mian (hehmeran) sabbatohn” Acc=excluded First (Day) of the week.

3) Precisely as used in Lk23:54 for Friday “mid–afternoon before the Sabbath”.

4) BECAUSE of the Exodus and Leviticus passover instructions concerning Abib 14, 15, and 16.

5) BECAUSE of Mt12:40 and “three days AND three nights”.

6) BECAUSE of the PLAGUE UPON HIM "THREE DAYS THICK DARKNESS"

THEREFORE:

1) Fifth Day : Wednesday night and Thursday day ––– Abib 14, Remove leaven and slaughter lamb;

2) Sixth Day / “the Preparation WHICH IS the Foresabbath” : Thursday night and Friday day ––– Abib 15, “that which remaineth” carried out and burned (interred);

3) Seventh Day Sabbath “according to the (Fourth) Commandment” : Friday night and Sabbath, day ––– Abib 16, “First Sheaf Wave Offering Before the LORD”.

2ndpillar

It is the custom to believe he meant he will raise himself (or be raised - depending on perspective*)

The temple pictures the place where God rests in a person. Jesus being the best example of it. God rested in members of Israel and it is how Jesus became present. And then he died. But he said he must die as a seed dies (changes) so that more will grow. It was his death that strenthened everyone believing in him.

That is what he meant. As in Israel God's will was done; so in the death of the Christ God's will is done through those believing. Believing in him was changed by the antichrist (as Paul said there were many even then) into believing in his return. He is power. Why must he return?

King James Version (KJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 10:29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

See how believers are sanctifed by the blood of the covenant? Some people want him back thus treating the blood of the covenant as something unholy.

Dear savage,
The revision on the 3rd day is reference to Hosea 5:12 - 6:2. It is with respect to the sanctuary of God, which in Hosea 5 is referenced as Judah and Israel. Using 1 day as 1000 years, then we come under the reference of "after two days" of Hosea 6:2, whereas Judah has been revised in the form of the State of Israel. This using the conversion of 354 jewish days for a papal Gregorian revised emperor Julian calendar day.

rstrats

seeking4truth,

re: "Friday noon to Sunday morning 3 days??"

That would involve at least parts of 3 calendar days, but would exclude any part of the third night that was forecasted in Matthew 12:40.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.

King James Version (KJV)

So you are saying that it is the raising of the Saviour within us that is the temple being raised again? and that that temple/body is him in us? If so, okay.
So are you then saying that it is not a physical body of Christ that we should be looking for, because the raising of his body was done in us? That is how I see your words. If so, it is good.

Robert.Evans

Why does scripture SAY he will return?

It is because "they were eating...drinking...marrying...buying....selling". Whenever a person is concerned with such things he cannot commune with the living God. God knows you need these things. But people put them before God, isn't it true? When a person will forsake those things to search for YHVH then Christ returns to the person.

There are many scriptures about it but You already know them.
So he is raised within them, yes?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So he is raised within them, yes?
I think so. He said if you will disciple the nations he will be with you. How can he be with us but return to us too? When he is with me as I should be with him having gathered to him as Hebrews 10:25 admonishes then to be expecting his arrival is crazy. Imagine! He is by your side but you are waiting for him to arrive. Why not get in those shoes? You are next to your best friend but your best friend does not recognize you are right there. You know you are where you are next to him but he doesn't know. How would you feel? I am sure you feel like you were not being cared for like Jesus said "like you did to the least one you did to me". Matthew 25:45

Robert.Evans

I think so. He said if you will disciple the nations he will be with you. How can he be with us but return to us too? When he is with me as I should be with him having gathered to him as Hebrews 10:25 admonishes then to be expecting his arrival is crazy. Imagine! He is by your side but you are waiting for him to arrive. Why not get in those shoes? You are next to your best friend but your best friend does not recognize you are right there. You know you are where you are next to him but he doesn't know. How would you feel? I am sure you feel like you were not being cared for like Jesus said "like you did to the least one you did to me". Matthew 25:45
I think it can be seen both ways. Yours is a good view though. Interesting.