• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In the spirit of Halloween

meogi

Let's share what creeps us out the most. These don't have to be actual experiences, but if they happened to occur, they would cause you to 'go insane with fear' so to speak.

I'll start! (go figure :))
#1:
Backstory first off... you're traveling around the world, visiting places and seeing the sights. One night, you come across a large victorian style hotel, and decide to spend the night. Well, it just so happens to be a really creepy night... typical thunderstorm in the background, perhaps a full moon was forcast. Anyway (there's your backstory), for whatever reason, a strange noise wakes you up in the middle of the night. You get up to check it out; open the door and enter a long hallway. At the end, there is a window and the only light you can see is the lightning flashing outside. Content that nothing is amiss, you turn to go back into your room, looking back at the window just one last time. Another flash of lightning lights up the hallway, but this time, there is someone standing in front of the window. You can't quite make it out, but it is human in form. Suddenly (we're talking 1/2 a second from the moment you see it), the figure, moving very, very, quickly, bolts toward you; stoping dead in front of you. It's obvious the figure is a ghost, but it has a face 100x worse than the girl from the exorsist. Bam, another bolt of lightning, and it's gone. And that's it. Scarred for life. I would not be able to do much after that... I would lose it.

#2:
This one isn't as in-depth, but it would probably creep me out just the same... Ok, so you're relaxing in your living room late at night, reading a book or watching the tube. There's a large sliding window/door that oversees your porch and yard. Nothing really creepy about that... except when you look up from your book, standing in your yard is a rather large 'apeish' looking figure, with deep, glowing red eyes; looking right at you. After staring at you for a few seconds, the figure turns away and runs off. But your just left there, wondering what it was. I'd like to think you could replace the figure with an alien (straight outta Fire in the Sky)... but I don't know if that would have the same effect as anything with red eyes...

*Shudders* Hard enough writing them, just thinking about it gives me the heeby-jeebies. So lets hear it! What would creep you out to the point of insanity!?

Pah

Uber all member
My worst experience was reading a Steven King novel through the night and realized I was alone in the house. Pretty tame huh?

meogi

I guess... unless it was something in the novel that was creeping ya out. If so, I wanna hear it! If not... there's nothing that you can imagine that would creep you out? No matter how impossible it may seem, just something that would scare you &*%$less.

godischange

One word: Elevators
Huh?
I'm gonna need more words. I hate riding in elevators alone. I have the most active imagination. I can just picture a "Jeepers Creepers" worthy monster on top of the car sawing a hole in the ceiling and choking me. I hate being alone anywhere really. Taking showers, in the elevators, in the basement (even though ours is furnished) or anything. I can just imagine the face and it's like OMG What is that? :eek: *Runs away* Pathetic, but it would scare the pants off me!

The only other thing that would really scare me would be waking up in the middle of the night with a creepy crawly on my nose or lots of 'em on my bed. I don't mind them much outside, but getting in my personal space is a little much.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Needles. Needles scare the hell out of me. I have to be sedated with Valium, Lortab, and nitrous oxide to take a needle.