• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In The Bible Who, What, Is/Are, Lilith(s)

Skwim

Veteran Member
You'll have to either explain why you don't think that's so.
Or what, you're going to seek me out and circumcise me?

...says the guy commenting in a thread in which his own OP questions a verse in a Jewish text. o_O
Oh, that's right, Jewish text is sacrosanct.
msn-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Tumah

Veteran Member
Or what, you're going to seek me out and circumcise me?
Yes, I must have been threatening you and not accusing you of not having a logical reason for your position.

Oh, that's right, Jewish text is sacrosanct.
msn-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

You're questioning a Jewish text on the one hand, telling me that Jewish texts are irrelevant to your OP on the other, and accusing me of calling you out on your absurdity because I hold the text to be sacred.
You're losing your edge Skwim.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
is just so much hooey?
Not really. It was a demon found in Mesopotamian, Babylonian, Assyrian, and Akkadian lore. Really, kind of the same thing as saying djinn, harpy, doppelganger, or nephalim.
She was a bit too sexy and free thinking so got edited out of the Bible.
Actually, that Lilith isn't even an original part of Jewish lore, and she was added in "on the side" far later, perhaps even after the Council of Nicaea edited the Bible.

Last edited:

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Yes, I must have been threatening you and not accusing you of not having a logical reason for your position.

You're questioning a Jewish text on the one hand, telling me that Jewish texts are irrelevant to your OP on the other, and accusing me of calling you out on your absurdity because I hold the text to be sacred.
You're losing your edge Skwim.
I tried to warn you

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
REB (the new NEB)
14Marmots will live alongside jackals,and he-goats will congregate there.There too the nightjar will return to restand find herself a place for repose;

NKJV
The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the jackals, And the wild goat shall bleat to its companion; Also the night creature shall rest there, And find for herself a place of rest.

RSV
And wild beasts shall meet with hyenas, the satyr shall cry to his fellow; yea, there shall the night hag alight, and find for herself a resting place.

NASB (I assume this what you meant when you wrote NASV)
The desert creatures will meet with the wolves, The hairy goat also will cry to its kind; Yes, the night monster will settle there And will find herself a resting place..

Sounds like a fun party!