• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In the beginning there was no beginning !

I think there for I

• Total voters

TheBrokenSoul

You showed nothing except that you don't understand what you are talking about.

Ok, let me reverse physchology and agree with you that space is expanding, Then you will have no trouble answering , expanding into what ?

Now I ain't trying be a comedian and make you look in some way inferior but the only possible answer based on physical process requirements is more space .

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok, let me reverse physchology and agree with you that space is expanding, Then you will have no trouble answering , expanding into what ?

The future.

Yes, seriously. That is the geometrical direction of expansion.

If you want the math, I can provide it. Or I can give a easy analogy if you would prefer that.

Now I ain't trying be a comedian and make you look in some way inferior but the only possible answer based on physical process requirements is more space .

See above. Here's a question for you: do you have trouble imagining space is curved to the point that it is finite in extent?

Last edited:

TheBrokenSoul

fut.jpg
See above. Here's a question for you: do you have trouble imagining space is curved to the point that it is finite in extent?

I have trouble imaging nothing , including the distant intergalactic space being a cieling to a nuclear reactor .

If the universe is expanding based only on redshift , pray to God becuase there could be a firmament .

You say expanding into the future , time is presently a dimension so are you agreeing in x^n is ahead of the expansion ?

added ; How can you say there is no space in the future because it hasn't been created ?

A future cannot exist if there is no adjacent space to expand into , physical fact .

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
View attachment 57836

I have trouble imaging nothing , including the distant intergalactic space being a cieling to a nuclear reactor .

If the universe is expanding based only on redshift , pray to God becuase there could be a firmament .

What are you trying to say here?

You say expanding into the future , time is presently a dimension so are you agreeing in x^n is ahead of the expansion ?

What is x^n?

added ; How can you say there is no space in the future because it hasn't been created ?

Remember that spacetime is ALL of space and ALL of time together in one geometry. it includes past, present and future.

Space is literally everything at a particular time.

As an analogy, think of different latitudes on the Earth as different times and different longitudes as different spatial locations. The South Pole represents the Big Bang: there is no latitude (time) before (south of) that point.

As we move forward in time (north), space (the latitude line) expands: it is larger as we move north. That happens until we get to the equator, where space begins to contract, eventually having time end at the North Pole.

TheBrokenSoul

What are you trying to say here?

What is x^n?

Remember that spacetime is ALL of space and ALL of time together in one geometry. it includes past, present and future.

Space is literally everything at a particular time.
Light red-shifts naturally d/t so any Hubble redshift observation may be just natural because of d/t

x^n is any dimensional vector x ., remember my train tunnel anology ?

The distance galaxies do not just emit light in our direction -ve , they also emit light +ve , beyond the distant galaxies , proving there is more space .

Space-time is just geometry , space and time are only a single manifold in geometry , not physically .

Last edited: