• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In the Beginning...of What?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Gen.1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

God created the darkness in his Son.

1Jn.1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

There is no darkness in God.

Eph.4: 6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

God is in all........... All are not in God.

Peace.
Ok then.

Notaclue

I have a very different take on this. "In the beginning" is where you have to start if you want to understand the Bible in such a manner that Revelation makes sense. Revelation 2:17 indicates there is hidden "manna", but no one seems to be able to find it. If you take the two Garden of Eden stories and with creation stories and use them as instructions for making symbols rather than as a myth, you come up with a completely different way of interpreting the Bible. There are a total of four symbols I have found that the stories of the Bible supports, and with them you can find the "hidden manna". Can carry on the conversation if someone is interested, otherwise I will stop here.

Welcome,

What do you think are the 4 symbols?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm not sure I understand that or how you derive this from Scripture but I'll play along.

So God's heaven is in a higher dimension?Also, was His heaven created "In the beginning?"

Heaven is noot realy a created place but yes it exists because of creation from the beginning.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm leaning more to a pre-earth of unformed matter where God stirred the pot and said this part will be the future earh.

We perceive form as something having more density , so a cloud has less form than a rock. A whole bunch of atoms unnattached seems formless to us but it is still matter.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God is from another dimension. Would it not be possible for Him to wake up in His universe on Monday, see a singularity that is our unverse and say, if I touch it right there then a world will form in a billion of it's years? On Tuesday He wakes up and say this world needs light and inflates the universe just enough for light to emerge in 300,000 thousand of our years? Why wouldn't it be called day 2?

I believe for a singularity to exist God must create it. The reality is that God speaks things into existence and it only takes a word to put everything in place. However it ought to be evident that God likes processes because so many of them exist in nature. We have some idea of what God is doing on our planet but it may very well be that He is creating worlds in other galaxies at this very moment.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I believe for a singularity to exist God must create it. The reality is that God speaks things into existence and it only takes a word to put everything in place. However it ought to be evident that God likes processes because so many of them exist in nature. We have some idea of what God is doing on our planet but it may very well be that He is creating worlds in other galaxies at this very moment.
I'm not sure if I'm ready to agree that a singularity must be created by God. I see some parallels for a singularity in Genesis 1, yet I'm leaning more towards God acting on the singularity and subsequent expansion of the universe.