• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

in the beginning (Genesis) do we really?

john313

warrior-poet
Melody said:
I happen to know a 98 pound, 4'11 woman who holds a 2nd degree black belt in karate and could kick the pants off a man twice her size and bulk.

I still haven't made the connection between physical strength and the attitude of viewing women as children who need a caretaker.

Sorry MOD....I know it's off topic. Feel free to move it to its own little closet. I'm going to go look for that zipper now.
ok if you say so.

Natural Submission

Concerning man being stronger than woman, it is only logical and reasonable to say the AVERAGE man is stronger than the AVERAGE woman. This is not biased or downplaying anyone, it is a simple fact. If those of you want to argue and dispute over this, fine. Someone posts a picture of a bodybuilding woman probably on steroids and someone knows a friend that can kick everyones butt, that is irrelevent. MOST woman are not like this. Does this mean that man better than woman? Not hardly. Man is not the "leader" of woman. He has been made physically stronger in MOST cases, that is all it is saying.

t3gah

rivet said:
Huh? Why would having dominion over someone/thing necessarily mean that they wouldn't fight back?
If man attacked the animal I can see the point of them attacking us. But cats and dogs scratch and bite. Aligators, Crocodiles, Pirana, Leopords, Lions, Cheetah's, Cougars, Panthers, etc, will kill a man and even eat them without provocation. Man's vast intellect cannot stop the teeth if unarmed. That means we people have diddly over them because the only way is not God's speak. Guns and weapons didn't exist when God created animals and man.

Genesis 1:26

Jonah never had "dominion" over the fish he was in until he prayed to God and then God made the sea creature spit out Jonah. Which means God was holding the sea creature back from eating Jonah. Which is not the case with the list above and the many sea creatures that will eat us if we come in contact with them.

t3gah

Natural Submission said:
Concerning man being stronger than woman, it is only logical and reasonable to say the AVERAGE man is stronger than the AVERAGE woman. This is not biased or downplaying anyone, it is a simple fact. If those of you want to argue and dispute over this, fine. Someone posts a picture of a bodybuilding woman probably on steroids and someone knows a friend that can kick everyones butt, that is irrelevent. MOST woman are not like this. Does this mean that man better than woman? Not hardly. Man is not the "leader" of woman. He has been made physically stronger in MOST cases, that is all it is saying.
This topic is way off topic to animals, but I will answer this one. God made woman as a compliment, not to watch over. The scripture even states such. Size, strength is not mentioned in the beginning. That seems to be only in the New Testament with the reference that women are the weaker vessel.

There is always someone stronger than the next person, male or female. -- Bruce Lee

(in the modern world many have weapons, so weak or not, male or female you will be overcome by some human and especially by animals)

t3gah

Natural Submission said:
Well that's just it, it was NOT the will of God to offer burnt blood sacrifices for remission of sins. This was and is nothing more than a man-made innovation. All True Prophets and Messengers spoke out against this.

"They love sacrifice, they sacrifice flesh and eat it, but YHVH has no delight in them." Hosea 8:13

"All creatures are like a family of Allah: and Hu loves the most those who are the most Compassionate to Hu’s family." The Holy Prophet Muhammad (sal)

"The first cases to be adjudicated on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed." - The Prophet Muhammad (sal)

"They shall no longer sacrifice their slaughtered beasts to the demons whom they wantonly follow. This shall be a rule binding on them and their descendants for all time." Leviticus 17:7

"I hate, I spurn your pilgrim feasts; I will not delight in your sacred ceremonies. When you present your sacrifices and offerings I will not accept them, nor look on the buffaloes of your shared offerings. Spare me the sound of your songs; I cannot endure the music of your lutes." Amos 5:21-23

"For I desire Mercy not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of YHVH rather than burnt offerings. Like Adam they have broken the covenant." Hosea 6:6-7

"The reek of sacrifice is abhorrent to me" Isaiah 1:13

"There is blood on your hands; wash yourselves and be clean." Isaiah 1:15-16

"There is no burnt-offering, no sacrifice, no oblation, no incense, no place to make offering before thee and find mercy. But because we come with contrite heart and humbled spirit, accept us...Accept our pledge of loyalty to You, for no shame shall come to those who put their trust in You." Song of the Three, Lines 15-17

"...I will hide my Eyes from you: yea, when you make your prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood...put away the evil of your doings from My Eyes; cease to do evil." Isaiah 1:11-16
All of these bible passages are out of context. Each instance is recorded after it is discovered that the Israelites are breaking a covenant with YHVH and that is why each prophet states that sacrifice is meaningless and not a sweet smell to God. In a case similar to this God even states that the temple and their worship is useless. Later on God lets the temple be destroyed because of their constant disobedience over so many years as each prophet attested with their comments that God was not fulfilled by their sacrifices anymore.