• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

in sha‘ allah (God willing).

Oh, they were mocking Islam (or attempting to) by showing that song? I don't get it. Maybe they were mocking themselves like "Haha, you all know me, and wouldn't it be funny if I thought this song was my favorite song", but I don't know them, so its like "oh ok". Maybe then they were like "no, no, I don't really like the song, you see, if you knew me, you would know that there is no way that a song like that is my favorite song", and I'd say "Oh, yeah, but I don't know you, so I just assumed you were telling the truth, something about yourself, the first I've heard of you actually", and they could be like "Well, that was a lie, it wasn't true", and I might be like "So all we know about you so far is that you don't like the song you said was your favorite", "Yes".

"So what was that all about?", "I guess I'm just really bored, and I wanted to get in on the action in this thread, so I typed in "Insha'Allah into the Youtube search engine and that video came up, and I thought it would be funny to post that here and maybe get in on the conversation", "that is great, but have you noticed that I'm actually doing most of the typing for you, and you have actually said very little yourself?" "Yes, I realize that, I've actually said none of this myself, it has all been you talking as if you are me", "Does that happen often to you? That people end up just creating dialogue for you since they know so little about you and the only thing you might say about yourself are things which aren't even true or accurate?", "Actually no, most people don't speak as if they are me, I don't have that many conversations in a day, and the ones I do have are sort of boring and miserable to be honest", "That sounds terribly sad, do you find that you end up talking to yourself a lot?" "No, not at all really", "So this is the most you've typed in a while", "I guess it is, yeah, and thank you for helping me get all that off my chest", "It is my pleasure really".

firedragon

Veteran Member
Oh, they were mocking Islam (or attempting to) by showing that song? I don't get it. Maybe they were mocking themselves like "Haha, you all know me, and wouldn't it be funny if I thought this song was my favorite song", but I don't know them, so its like "oh ok". Maybe then they were like "no, no, I don't really like the song, you see, if you knew me, you would know that there is no way that a song like that is my favorite song", and I'd say "Oh, yeah, but I don't know you, so I just assumed you were telling the truth, something about yourself, the first I've heard of you actually", and they could be like "Well, that was a lie, it wasn't true", and I might be like "So all we know about you so far is that you don't like the song you said was your favorite", "Yes".

"So what was that all about?", "I guess I'm just really bored, and I wanted to get in on the action in this thread, so I typed in "Insha'Allah into the Youtube search engine and that video came up, and I thought it would be funny to post that here and maybe get in on the conversation", "that is great, but have you noticed that I'm actually doing most of the typing for you, and you have actually said very little yourself?" "Yes, I realize that, I've actually said none of this myself, it has all been you talking as if you are me", "Does that happen often to you? That people end up just creating dialogue for you since they know so little about you and the only thing you might say about yourself are things which aren't even true or accurate?", "Actually no, most people don't speak as if they are me, I don't have that many conversations in a day, and the ones I do have are sort of boring and miserable to be honest", "That sounds terribly sad, do you find that you end up talking to yourself a lot?" "No, not at all really", "So this is the most you've typed in a while", "I guess it is, yeah, and thank you for helping me get all that off my chest", "It is my pleasure really".

I would say "Yep". -_-

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Where in the Bible do you get "I know what God wills"?

I just explained it to you.

free will Dictionary:
1. The mental faculty by which one deliberately chooses or decides upon a course of action: championed freedom ofwill against a doctrine of predetermination.
a. Diligent purposefulness; determination: an athlete with the will to win.
b. Self-control; self-discipline: lacked the will to overcome the addiction.​
3. A desire, purpose, or determination, especially of one in authority: It is the sovereign's will that the prisoner bespared.
4. Deliberate intention or wish: Let it be known that I took this course of action against my will.
5. Free discretion; inclination or pleasure: wandered about, guided only by will.
6. Bearing or attitude toward others; disposition: full of good will.
a. A legal declaration of how a person wishes his or her possessions to be disposed of after death.
b. A legally executed document containing this declaration.
Any time it matches any of the above... it is God's will

firedragon

Veteran Member

free will Dictionary:
1. The mental faculty by which one deliberately chooses or decides upon a course of action: championed freedom ofwill against a doctrine of predetermination.
3. A desire, purpose, or determination, especially of one in authority: It is the sovereign's will that the prisoner bespared.
4. Deliberate intention or wish: Let it be known that I took this course of action against my will.
5. Free discretion; inclination or pleasure: wandered about, guided only by will.
a. A legal declaration of how a person wishes his or her possessions to be disposed of after death.

My question was where in the Bible does it say you know what God wills?

Kenny

Premium Member
My question was where in the Bible does it say you know what God wills?
I gave you an example:

To quote again:

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

There are many such statements.

\Luke 10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

If He gives a command... then that is His will

and so on and so one. If you read the scriptures, you can find plenty of them.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I gave you an example:

To quote again:

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

There are many such statements.

\Luke 10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

If He gives a command... then that is His will

and so on and so one. If you read the scriptures, you can find plenty of them.

So okay. Lets say you are today planning to go to work at 8 AM.

How do you know what God is willing? Is there a Bible verse that says "you know what God is willing"? Since you have said now that he has given a command, but how do you know what is his command when he has not?

free will Dictionary:

Hi, I'm the other person who was in this thread earlier and had asked you some things and you explained them to me, thank you for the explanation. Fire Dragon is another person, but my display picture is also hot looking. I read what you wrote here, and most people in the world seem to believe in what they call "free will" and believe that it is important somehow. Can you show me some verses that you are familiar with which emphasize and confirm the existence of true "free will" according to the Bible and if that is ever interfered with or anything?

I am of a very small minority of people in the world who one way or another deny the existence of true free will, though I can't deny the apparent impression of free will, because we seem to make decisions and all that and it appears to us "we could have done something else" even though we didn't and probably really couldn't have since with identical conditions an identical result may be expected due to identical influences that moment.

So for me, in some ways, since I am a theist and believe in an active living powerful intelligence behind everything, I say that everything whatsoever is "God's will" however terrible it may seem to be, and thus God's will can not be in any way reasonably considered omnibenevolent or favorable to all people based on our opinion of the outcomes involved.

So, and I'm sorry if I seem a little confused, but maybe this could help clarify it even further for, could you explain in the simplest fashion possible (like you might to a person who is of little understanding and language ability), the difference between my notion that "Everything whatsoever is God's will" and what is excluded in your version from God's will? I suspect what you are maybe at least excluding are the thoughts and actions of human beings? Is there anything else you are excluding? Could you list everything that is God's will or if it is easier, everything that is not God's will and why you think so or how you came to such an understanding or what in the scriptures you prefer or believe in it seemed to say so and why you prefer to believe such or how it matches up to your experience of reality?

The reason I don't believe in true and actual free will for human beings is for a number of reasons, but one of the main reasons why it seems so solidly true for me is my thinking back about things, thinking back on decisions, on mistakes, or achievements, and when I think about these things, it seems to lead to a whole chain of events and conditions which I didn't put into play, and if even one piece of the puzzle was missing or a domino didn't fall the exact way it did, everything could have been different or a different decision might be made or a different thing might have popped into the mind that moment and so a person says or does something different, and it all seems pretty much, when I think about it, really not truly anyone's fault how the rain falls and where it falls and who it falls on and when, and what that does, and what that leads to.

So, most people don't seem to believe or think to themselves or have the personal understanding that every little rain drop and where it falls and who it falls on, is deliberately orchestrated and generated by God with a purposeful intent, and that such has any influence on them (making God responsible for every detail of an experience), but rather, it seems most people think that things are just put into play, or happening somehow, and that there is a "sharing" going on, a kind of co-creating, where everyone and everything is participating in generating the experience somehow or contributing by their own force and will and thoughts and energy, and that God is, if anything, mainly a remote witness to this, and does not make the rain drop specifically fall here or there, but may have invented rain at some point, and then let it loose, for Chaos or Luck or Chance or Probability or Nature or any other name to linguistically be considered the responsible agent for this or that to happen the way it.

Could you use these examples and others to really clarify your views? Anyone else can also answer.

My views are very simple, they are that God is whatever is actually doing it all, and so there is only God, and God's Will is the only true Free Will, unconditioned, baseless, generating things as obscure and uncalled for as air and noses and butterflies and whatever else, and our opinions of them as well, and emotions, and whatever other weird stuff, ex nihilo, right now, moment to moment (occasionalism), and we are within God in a sense (panentheism), and God can freely think up anything to seem this way or that in a moment, even an entire history we completely believe occurred and of which there seems to be ample evidence for, just in that moment (Berkeley's Idealism).

Kenny

Premium Member
Hi, I'm the other person who was in this thread earlier and had asked you some things and you explained them to me, thank you for the explanation. Fire Dragon is another person, but my display picture is also hot looking. I read what you wrote here, and most people in the world seem to believe in what they call "free will" and believe that it is important somehow. Can you show me some verses that you are familiar with which emphasize and confirm the existence of true "free will" according to the Bible and if that is ever interfered with or anything?

I am of a very small minority of people in the world who one way or another deny the existence of true free will, though I can't deny the apparent impression of free will, because we seem to make decisions and all that and it appears to us "we could have done something else" even though we didn't and probably really couldn't have since with identical conditions an identical result may be expected due to identical influences that moment.

:) Yes you DO have a great avatar!! And I would be happy to offer my view. I hope I am clear and let me know if I need to clarify. :)

Of course,:D we could always go in a circle by saying "I decided not to do this" and say - you were destined to say that. And then say "Well then, I will do it to prove you wrong" and we would respond by saying "you were destined to change your mind"

But looking at the Bible and its perspective, I would offer the following:

1) Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

There are 62 references of choosing in the TaNaKh (the Old Testament)

I can't conceive that one can "choose" if one does not have a free will.

2) Then you have various scriptures that basically say this: 1 Tim 2:
3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior,

4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

If God wants all people to come to the knowledge of truth, how can there be people who don't unless they have a choice?

So examples like these abound.

So for me, in some ways, since I am a theist and believe in an active living powerful intelligence behind everything, I say that everything whatsoever is "God's will" however terrible it may seem to be, and thus God's will can not be in any way reasonably considered omnibenevolent or favorable to all people based on our opinion of the outcomes involved.

So, if you just read what Jesus did, you will find that all he did was destroy the works of the devil. So by the nature of destroying the works of the devil, it sets apart the reality that there are some things that are of God and some things that are not.

Sometimes people asked, "If you want to, you can..." How can you want to unless you have a choice? Or he would ask, "what do you want?" a question that is a choice.

So, and I'm sorry if I seem a little confused, but maybe this could help clarify it even further for, could you explain in the simplest fashion possible (like you might to a person who is of little understanding and language ability), the difference between my notion that "Everything whatsoever is God's will" and what is excluded in your version from God's will? I suspect what you are maybe at least excluding are the thoughts and actions of human beings? Is there anything else you are excluding? Could you list everything that is God's will or if it is easier, everything that is not God's will and why you think so or how you came to such an understanding or what in the scriptures you prefer or believe in it seemed to say so and why you prefer to believe such or how it matches up to your experience of reality?

LOL... It would be hard to make a list of "everything". :) But here is a few, unless you give me a particular question. I am giving one scripture but there are more.

We are not excluded from difficulty be we are included in be delivered from them. John 16:33
As mentioned before, it isn't God's will that any should perish (scripture already mentioned)
We cannot be delivered from dying... we are all going to die. (Heb 9:27)
He doesn't want you to worry, but you have a choice to do it (Luke 12: 22-34)
He wants people healed Luke 9:2

If you gave me something in particular, I would let you know.

PS... He doesn't care what color car you buy, what type of clothes you wear, and whether or not you like peanut butter :D

The reason I don't believe in true and actual free will for human beings is for a number of reasons, but one of the main reasons why it seems so solidly true for me is my thinking back about things, thinking back on decisions, on mistakes, or achievements, and when I think about these things, it seems to lead to a whole chain of events and conditions which I didn't put into play, and if even one piece of the puzzle was missing or a domino didn't fall the exact way it did, everything could have been different or a different decision might be made or a different thing might have popped into the mind that moment and so a person says or does something different, and it all seems pretty much, when I think about it, really not truly anyone's fault how the rain falls and where it falls and who it falls on and when, and what that does, and what that leads to.

yes, there is a domino effect on things and there is a cause and effect that sometimes happen. But, when God is in the picture, He changes everything. So, you might have a lemon in your life and He can change it into a lemonade.

Then, (since I believe there are demon spirits as Jesus and Paul said), have you ever considered sometimes what is happening IS a planned series of event unless you know how to stop it and turn things around it comes to pass?

So, most people don't seem to believe or think to themselves or have the personal understanding that every little rain drop and where it falls and who it falls on, is deliberately orchestrated and generated by God with a purposeful intent, and that such has any influence on them (making God responsible for every detail of an experience), but rather, it seems most people think that things are just put into play, or happening somehow, and that there is a "sharing" going on, a kind of co-creating, where everyone and everything is participating in generating the experience somehow or contributing by their own force and will and thoughts and energy, and that God is, if anything, mainly a remote witness to this, and does not make the rain drop specifically fall here or there, but may have invented rain at some point, and then let it loose, for Chaos or Luck or Chance or Probability or Nature or any other name to linguistically be considered the responsible agent for this or that to happen the way it.

Yes... there are people that believe that. Personally, I do believe in personal will. I remember when Jesus was surprise that he COULDN'T do any miracles though he wanted to, but he put the blame of the people's choice.

My views are very simple, they are that God is whatever is actually doing it all, and so there is only God, and God's Will is the only true Free Will, unconditioned, baseless, generating things as obscure and uncalled for as air and noses and butterflies and whatever else, and our opinions of them as well, and emotions, and whatever other weird stuff, ex nihilo, right now, moment to moment (occasionalism), and we are within God in a sense (panentheism), and God can freely think up anything to seem this way or that in a moment, even an entire history we completely believe occurred and of which there seems to be ample evidence for, just in that moment (Berkeley's Idealism).

Ok. I would say it this way... there are certain things that ARE going to happen period because He knows that it will come to pass because of people's nature. But those are exceptions rather than a rule.

Well... that is my perspective. Hopefully something to think about. Keep what you like and throw out what you don't :) and ask any question you want.

:) Yes you DO have a great avatar!! And I would be happy to offer my view. I hope I am clear and let me know if I need to clarify. :)

Of course,:D we could always go in a circle by saying "I decided not to do this" and say - you were destined to say that. And then say "Well then, I will do it to prove you wrong" and we would respond by saying "you were destined to change your mind"

But looking at the Bible and its perspective, I would offer the following:

1) Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

There are 62 references of choosing in the TaNaKh (the Old Testament)

I can't conceive that one can "choose" if one does not have a free will.

2) Then you have various scriptures that basically say this: 1 Tim 2:
3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior,

4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

If God wants all people to come to the knowledge of truth, how can there be people who don't unless they have a choice?

So examples like these abound.

So, if you just read what Jesus did, you will find that all he did was destroy the works of the devil. So by the nature of destroying the works of the devil, it sets apart the reality that there are some things that are of God and some things that are not.

Sometimes people asked, "If you want to, you can..." How can you want to unless you have a choice? Or he would ask, "what do you want?" a question that is a choice.

LOL... It would be hard to make a list of "everything". :) But here is a few, unless you give me a particular question. I am giving one scripture but there are more.

We are not excluded from difficulty be we are included in be delivered from them. John 16:33
As mentioned before, it isn't God's will that any should perish (scripture already mentioned)
We cannot be delivered from dying... we are all going to die. (Heb 9:27)
He doesn't want you to worry, but you have a choice to do it (Luke 12: 22-34)
He wants people healed Luke 9:2

If you gave me something in particular, I would let you know.

PS... He doesn't care what color car you buy, what type of clothes you wear, and whether or not you like peanut butter :D

yes, there is a domino effect on things and there is a cause and effect that sometimes happen. But, when God is in the picture, He changes everything. So, you might have a lemon in your life and He can change it into a lemonade.

Then, (since I believe there are demon spirits as Jesus and Paul said), have you ever considered sometimes what is happening IS a planned series of event unless you know how to stop it and turn things around it comes to pass?

Yes... there are people that believe that. Personally, I do believe in personal will. I remember when Jesus was surprise that he COULDN'T do any miracles though he wanted to, but he put the blame of the people's choice.

Ok. I would say it this way... there are certain things that ARE going to happen period because He knows that it will come to pass because of people's nature. But those are exceptions rather than a rule.

Well... that is my perspective. Hopefully something to think about. Keep what you like and throw out what you don't :) and ask any question you want.

That was a great and very thorough answer, I think it satisfies me and I believe in that sort of choice, the choices you listed there as being choices available to us, like saying "choose your God, I choose The Lord" and stuff like that.

Your writing brought up some things that are more interesting to me than free will though (as it is a sort of dead end topic anyway for reasons you mentioned and how it can end up going in circles). Of more interest to me are:

1. Who is the Lord,
2. who are the Other Gods or Options,
3. How does one choose or prove they have chosen the Lord,

4. who is the Devil,
5. what are the works of the Devil,
6. how were the works of the Devil revealed or exposed and
7. how were they destroyed,

8. what are demons exactly,
9. what is the form/appearance/activities of the Devil and of the demons,

10. what happens to people who choose gods other than the Lord you described above,
11. how do we know we are dealing with the Lord and not some imposter or that it is right,

12. what form do the demons take today and how are they followed or worshipped or harming people today and
13. how did they do so in the past in comparison,

14. is there only a particular name of God that is appropriate to use or consider or can other names be used (like the names used by Amorites),
15. is it the concept we have in our mind that counts or our activities or ritual performances or name we use or what exactly counts to indicate our party/choice,

16. how do we live a good life,
17. what happens after we die and why do you think so,
18. how do we attain a good afterlife,
19. what benefit is choosing the Lord (what do I get out of it, how do I know, and what if anything do you think the Lord gets out of it?),

20. who is Jesus,
21. what was the role and duty or job of Jesus,
23. why was Jesus necessary or put into play,
24. could Jesus have failed, could the Lord or God fail or be defeated or overcome,
25. is it right to worship Jesus
26. is Jesus the Lord or God and is the Lord God and are there any other Lords or Gods that are real or actual or powerful at all,

27. what should I do in a day, every day, or how often should I do whatever (and what would that be exactly, step by step) to achieve the best now and later,
28. could you explain the thing about "I know what God wills" again (I am currently understanding it as feeling confident that you know God wants good for you and that you have the freedom to go about your life and actions however you want, so the knowing is mainly about knowing that God wants you to do and think certain things? Maybe I haven't quite grasped the meaning just yet, but if you could help elaborate on that specifically),
29. what does the Lord or God want from me or us and how do I know that is so or how can I trust such is true,
30. do you sense the presence of demons or demonic possession on this website or among any of its members (and what indicates such?),

31. how can we personally defeat demons or destroy their works and protect ourselves,
32. what other threats are there than demons,
33. what is God's role or help regarding demons and what is our role and position or authority in dealing with them or power against them and their works,

34. what are your personal feelings and views regarding each of the other religions or major religions each and with special or extensive commentary on,
35. Allah and Islam,
36. Judaism which rejects Christianity,
37. Hinduism and Hindu Sects,
38. Buddhist and Buddhist Sects,
39. New Religions and Cults,
40. Neo-Paganism and Magic as well as The New Age and Spiritism,
41. Atheistic and Theistic Satanism and Dark Sorcery/Malicious Witchcraft,
42. Atheism and Agnosticism
43. Animism and Voodoo type things,
44. Politics and Conspiracy,
45. Wealth Accumulation and Self-Care or Showing Off type things like getting really fit or dedicating oneself to achievements or status or prestige or fame,

46. who do you think are spiritually the best or most likely to achieve good in this life and the afterlife in your opinion among people you know and on here,
47. who do you think are spiritually the worst or most likely to achieve bad in this life and the afterlife in your opinion among people you've heard of or here,
(These would give me examples to try to understand right from wrong according to your understanding of things or your reading of the scripture),

48. what is your personal story with religion and how you became this way and what have the pros and honestly the cons been in how you've developed,
49. how would you like to improve or where and in what areas do you think you could improve and how would these changes benefit you,
50. do you think a person who dedicates themselves to Allah and worship of Allah five times a day or Odin or whatever stands a chance for good,

51. do you think they will be given less or their efforts not counted or they will be destroyed or will be failures,
52. why do you think people will their genitals maimed or whatever can't be part of the Lord's assembly,
53. what are some things you question or give you pause in the scripture and what are some unsolved mysteries and puzzles in it that disturb you still if any,
54. how can I know for certain both right from wrong as well as when I'm right and wrong about something or the benefits I should legitimately expect,
55. is Amanaki's recent interest and practice in Islam headed in the wrong direction in your opinion and is he demonically influenced or harming himself,
56. what should Amanaki do if you were to suggest all the best things for him and his daily practices,
57. should Amanaki worship the Lord or Jesus and how would he go about doing this and should Amanaki abandon Allah and the worship of Allah,
58. would it be good for humanity (and bad for the Devil) if the word Allah was expelled from the tongues and minds of all humanity and extinguished,
59. what is the description of and daily life and practices of the most ideal follower of the Lord or Jesus or a Christian in your understanding,
60. are you like that or do you try to be like that and do all that yourself daily,

61. if all humanity were to be what you consider the most perfect and ideal, how do you think things would look or be and what wouldn't be present or here,
62. and finally, do lots of questions make you suspicious of my intentions or irritated or do you actually enjoy the opportunity to share all your thoughts?

Anyone else can answer as well in addition! I would love to know and learn about all these ideas and how you arrived at such ideas. If you quote scripture, if you could copy paste the whole quote in your writing it helps me understand and then I don't have to find it on Bible Hub which can sometimes bog me down a bit and slow down the reading. The quotes from Joshua really had an influence on me and also fascinated me a lot. I would also like to know the names of all those deities or what you think their names may have been and what they were really (like, were they real beings, like demons or something?).

You might end up answering this in the questions above, but:

63. What is Faith?
64. What is Religion?
65. What is the Right and Best Religion and Why?
66. What is the Most Wrong and Worst Religion or Practice or Belief System or Thought and Why?
67. Could you explain more about the incident where Jesus couldn't perform miracles, what was going on there in that scene exactly?
68. How do we have power or perform miracles or what is this having faith and moving mountains business all about, can you explain that?
69. How far do you believe the turning the other cheek, giving in to your enemies, cutting off your own hand or foot or gouging out your eye thing should go?
70. What is the Truth, The Way, The Life, and how far am I from practicing it, and how do I do it and know I am doing it or doing enough?
71. What can I trust and why? Like, can I trust my heart (and what is my heart?) or my mind or thoughts or reasoning or the scripture? How/Why?

If you are able to gradually go through these 71 questions and thoroughly explain everything to me, do you think what you will cover in this writing and explaining will teach people what you think is everything they need to know and the best way? Feel free to add or elaborate on anything as needed so that whoever might read what you write can find in your writing a one-stop-shop to elucidate all manner of things that will be important for them to see and grow from.

I really want to be saved, I want good things in this life and any other life or experience and all my experiences, I do not want to suffer or lose now or later, I want to "win" as much as I can and make all the right moves, so whoever thinks they know this should not withhold this from me or anyone, but please share, how do we achieve the greatest experience all around and thoroughly win at life, death, and after?

People from any religions at all or even no religions at all can answer these questions as well from their personal perspectives or as representatives of their respective religions or ideologies or whatever, or just representing themselves and their personal opinions on each of these questions and topics.

I'd like to know what Muslims think on each of these things, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Magicians, whatever else.

That should really get some authentic religious exchanges and comparison and dialogue going on. Insha'Allah (If God So Wills).

Kenny

Premium Member
That was a great and very thorough answer, I think it satisfies me and I believe in that sort of choice, the choices you listed there as being choices available to us, like saying "choose your God, I choose The Lord" and stuff like that.

Your writing brought up some things that are more interesting to me than free will though (as it is a sort of dead end topic anyway for reasons you mentioned and how it can end up going in circles). Of more interest to me are:

1. Who is the Lord,
2. who are the Other Gods or Options,
3. How does one choose or prove they have chosen the Lord,

4. who is the Devil,
5. what are the works of the Devil,
6. how were the works of the Devil revealed or exposed and
7. how were they destroyed,

8. what are demons exactly,
9. what is the form/appearance/activities of the Devil and of the demons,

10. what happens to people who choose gods other than the Lord you described above,
11. how do we know we are dealing with the Lord and not some imposter or that it is right,

12. what form do the demons take today and how are they followed or worshipped or harming people today and
13. how did they do so in the past in comparison,

14. is there only a particular name of God that is appropriate to use or consider or can other names be used (like the names used by Amorites),
15. is it the concept we have in our mind that counts or our activities or ritual performances or name we use or what exactly counts to indicate our party/choice,

16. how do we live a good life,
17. what happens after we die and why do you think so,
18. how do we attain a good afterlife,
19. what benefit is choosing the Lord (what do I get out of it, how do I know, and what if anything do you think the Lord gets out of it?),
I'm going to open a different thread since I think we are derailing the OP.

MNoBody

free will Dictionary:
b. Self-control; self-discipline: lacked the will to overcome the addiction.
There seems to be another side to this though, in that it should be termed Limited Free-will. Limited and thus not in actuality Free given the limited choices each circumstance presents.....limited awareness limits the exercise of free-will.

should that not be a more promising direction to investigate further, or is it prudent to hash over the same intel that so far hasn't cracked the case open yet..?

free will Dictionary:
b. Self-control; self-discipline: lacked the will to overcome the addiction.
There seems to be another side to this though, in that it should be termed Limited Free-will. Limited and thus not in actuality Free given the limited choices each circumstance presents.....limited awareness limits the exercise of free-will.

should that not be a more promising direction to investigate further, or is it prudent to hash over the same intel that so far hasn't cracked the case open yet..?

Yeah, like even if people think they can choose, they can't just walk through walls or defy all the limitations or make Walmart have something Walmart doesn't even have. They also don't seem to choose what pops up into their minds or even know exactly how it does in every case.

MNoBody

Yeah, like even if people think they can choose, they can't just walk through walls or defy all the limitations or make Walmart have something Walmart doesn't even have. They also don't seem to choose what pops up into their minds or even know exactly how it does in every case.
the reducing valve analogy [Huxley] applies
data input reduced to a trickle...... a multiple choice quiz with 99% of the choices redacted [blacked out-occulted-hidden away]
yes children...you have "free" will, yes indeed.....
what a load of horseshirt
668f55db846ed80689f710f7c0360524.jpg