• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

in sha‘ allah (God willing).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am sure you heard a muslim say " in sha‘ allah (God willing)."
Putting your faith in God so that if God want it to happen i will.

Many people i know laugh when i used this phrase a few times, because they believe in nothing that they them self as done, so they ask, why would Allah care what you do or dont do?

My answer is, Allah do care because Allah want the best for humanity.

The next question i always get is. So Allah only see his slaves( followers) as humanity?

My answer is: no Allah see every human being and want all good for everyone, but he do not force anyone to be a follower, what happen when someone do not follow the teaching is that they will not be able to stop the suffering they feel.

To end this with saying. I do not ask you to be a muslim :) and i am really happy for those who found answers within their current religion or faith. I cheering you on your path.
If you found your answer outside of religion or spiritual teaching you can live a good life with it :) i know religion or spiritual life is not for everyone ( not because it is impossible to become religious but because it was not meant to be for you this time)

Feel free to discuss but be nice to each other ( i promise i won't bite) :p

Hope this thread will be in good spirit for everyone ( in sha‘ allah )

I wonder if god willing to a Muslim is god bless to a christian. I hear the latter a lot and other things like thank you lord merged in conversations that are not religious focus if not at all.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My wish for this thread is to be able to show that Islam is just as good as other religions. I do not wish to go in
I wonder if god willing to a Muslim is god bless to a christian. I hear the latter a lot and other things like thank you lord merged in conversations that are not religious focus if not at all.
That sound correct to me

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My wish for this thread is to be able to show that Islam is just as good as other religions. I do not wish to go in

That sound correct to me

I was wondering the comparison not the contrast. Do you think christianity is just as good as other religions? I'm sure saying "god bless" is similar and positive just as god willing. Both can be equally positive?

I'll leave the convo. I was just curious since this is interfaith.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I was wondering the comparison not the contrast. Do you think christianity is just as good as other religions? I'm sure saying "god bless" is similar and positive just as god willing. Both can be equally positive?

I'll leave the convo. I was just curious since this is interfaith.
Yes i believe Christianity is just as good as other religions for those who follow it

I think insha'Allah has a different vibe than God Bless.

Insha'Allah is said almost superstitiously at times as a good luck charm to make it more likely that the thing you want to happen, happens, by saying "If God so wills", since the Qur'an tells a story where people didn't account for God's will or interference and their plans went totally unexpected and things were ruined seeming for them.

So Insha'Allah is often said like "yes, I hope so" as "If God hopes so, please!" even if it doesn't mean that, that is how I see it being used a lot, and so it has taken on that sort of feeling in its frequently being employed like that.

So I might say "then we will go to the bank and get the money, Insha'Allah" meaning "If all goes will, if God doesn't have something else in store". It keeps God/Chaos as a factor for the unexpected and tries to alleviate anxiety about the unknown or un-foreseeable future.

As I said that, a package which caused a lot of stress and ruckus yesterday, arrived just now for the second time, but it not being delivered properly the first time, led me to receive 65 dollars shipping refunded, but then 30 dollars were taken for import fees, and these are the sorts of up and down unexpected transactions, bad things leading to good things, leading to other things which make for a strange sort of balance or fairness or rightness or better-ness that Insha'Allah also refers to, that May God Bring About The Best and Most Beneficial (for me) Solution as God so wills or intends, Hopefully.

I have had opportunities to scam, to steal, to cheat people, but I reject these superstitiously, even though they will work and no one will catch me at it ever and they can even be justified, because I don't want my luck to run out or unfairness through chaotic means to be imposed upon me. It is God who is on my mind, and God in the role of God of Trade (the Greeks might have considered such to be Hermes, HRM being the same root possibly as the word Haram in this interesting linguistic case, representing the borders, or in a sense the limitations which should not be transgressed for one to benefit and also receive grace and fair bonus gifts).

After the Insha'Allah story in the Qur'an, one of the people who experienced the troubles said something like "Maybe God will give us something better/show us a better way" or some improvement and improved understanding, and the irony is, that the destruction leading to their realization of this may also be counted as something more valuable to their spirituality and the rest of their life as compared to the scenario where they succeed in their harvesting and make some money from it but never learn anything or excel spiritually.

Another thing Muslims say a lot (and this one often irritates me) is Alhamdtholillah, pronounced like 'uhl hum though lil ah' (Insha'Allah is pronounced usually like in'sh'uh'lah or insh'uhlah said faster and combined). Alhamdtholillah means something like Praise Be To Allah maybe, but the way that many people use it almost to excess can sometimes be very irritating for me, especially when its used in such a way as to not answer questions or to be clear, and when it is used like that, it is employed as if it means "all is well" or "I'm fine" or "things are good". So, you might for example be saying "How are you?" and a person might respond with only "Alhamdtholillah" or you might say "Are you feeling better now?" and they might respond "Alhamdtholillah" and not really share more than that, it can even imply or mean that they want to leave the matter at that or not discuss details. Some go as far as to say or explain their use as avoiding misspeaking or revealing something that is bad, or would stain a reputation, or be sinful somehow, but maybe its just over-used by some in my opinion, and insha'Allah seems a better thing to me. Hey man, I'm asking for information, not about how God deserves praise!

What else do Muslims say? Ma'sh'Allah, like Mahsh'Uhl'ah. MashAllah means maybe something like "God has so willed it" but it is used as a frequent celebratory praise, and also superstitiously to prevent the "evil eye" which one will find is a frequent superstition in some Muslim communities and cultures, if not most. The Evil Eye is the belief that people's bad intentions can come through jealousy and harm people either magically or through plots against them. Mash'Allah is often employed as a defense towards these things, by reminding oneself that whatever good has happened is because of God only and so "take it up with God if you don't like it, jelly". People often say this when someone reports something good happening to them, or its some celebration or occasion of some sort, and one might even hear it a little more when it has to do with children, since people are more concerned about the evil eye in relation to children or other forms of wealth, such as wealth.

I just got my things! Mash'Allah! Now, there is also an element possibly where it is to prevent something bad happening after the good thing has happened also, and a lot of Muslim thinking comes down to the fear or concern about instability and frequent instability and how to alleviate anxieties through surrender, and it could be said that much of the Qur'an and the whole religion is ultimately revolving around this topic and instilling the fear of such things constantly while also providing the antidote to such through alleviating prayers and philosophy or meditations (as in thoughts about, not not-thinking) on the nature of things and reality and coming to terms with it.

To alleviate anxiety, when something bad happens, or I do something accidentally bad, or see someone else do something horrible, or something is out of my control, like I see that I accidentally or someone else purposefully killed a living bug that is all mangled afterwards and I want to cry, then I say "Rubbay, Aghfir, Wa Arhum, Wa Untha, Khayrur, Rahimeen", and this little prayer/spell is asking God for forgiveness and basically relief, and in my case seems to really work quickly as a remedy to things which are distressing, even if I haven't done them myself, I take the opportunity to ask God for forgiveness, and remind myself that all things are because of God, both ultimately and immediately. This is not typical of Muslims, to say this whole prayer, but instead they might when wanting to be patient, utter a magical name of Allah to make that power come upon them or soothe them, for example, they may invoke the epithet "Al-Sabur" meaning "The Patient" or something, or calm or calming, and so they may say "Ya Sabur, Ya Sabur, Ya Sabur" in order that they receive some of this quality in themselves or the benefits of it. They may also say "astughfiroolah" which might be transliterated more commonly as "astagfirullah" or "astagfirallah" or something, but anyway, that one is used as "Forgive me God", and this is usually done when they feel they have made a mistake or done something wrong, but can also be used in other ways to alleviate distress or anxiety.

So, I don't think I hear much of people saying "God Bless" in place of "Hopefully" or "If All Goes as Planned" which might even be closer to how some people use Amen as an affirmative, but in "Insha'Allah" people are much more in doubt, though it could be used as a kind of "Amen" or affirmation to bolster confidence in the project.

As Salam Alaikum is often translated as "Peace Be Upon You", and the longer "As Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathahu" includes blessings of more than just Salam, but also Rahm and Baraka. People respond to As Salam Alaikum with "Wa Laikum As Salam" which might be understood as "and to you, be peace (as well)". If one has the linguistic ability, one is maybe supposed to politely top the friendly greeting with a greeting that is even kinder and nicer, otherwise to match it well or identically, in all hospitality and welcoming, and also bounteous giving and grace. To be very giving, for an authentically sincere person, is the superstitious underlying belief that by giving, one receives great benefit, either immediately or in some future in some way or ways. So the genuine Muslim is very inclined or motivated to be extra courteous, kind, giving, friendly, showering people with charity, gifts, help, advice, whatever, dotingly and lovingly and freely, asking nothing in return, and this is a performance of a somewhat magical ritual or practice, because by doing this the Muslim may believe they are accumulating Merit (Good Points) which will increase benefit to them, luck, and mercy from God (God reciprocating based on how one treats other people and animals and plants and objects etc). I included objects in those parenthetical notes there because gentleness towards all objects may be considered also practicing patience and kindness rather than cruelty, and Muslims have long had an inclination towards the animistic belief that even things typically considered inanimate deserve respect and gentle treatment, which they practice through how they treat the Qur'an book for example in its physical form and also about how they hear the moon and sun or planets and whatever respond and act, the Qur'an gives a soul to everything, and even gives animation to idols in some afterlife scenes (where God makes the idols talk) and the idols are innocent and good guys basically, which gives the impression that all rocks and trees and everything are good "people", and all animals, because they are innocent, and not experiencing harm, and did not intend anything bad. So I'm gentle even with my steps, and with rocks, and all creatures, trying not to do any harm or violence or nastiness.

The people you see who are horrible and violent, they don't really seem to look into the Qur'an very much or very carefully. The Qur'an makes out all the things we typically consider senseless and inanimate as wiser than the humans, because there is a scene where they all humbly and wisely feared and rejected the Covenant.

The Covenant seems to refer to the human condition of being ultimately judged for what we are, and thus risk hellfire and punishment, whereas the mountains and trees and whatever else all rejected the test and so were spared the risk of punishment and remain utterly pure and obedient.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think insha'Allah has a different vibe than God Bless.

Insha'Allah is said almost superstitiously at times as a good luck charm to make it more likely that the thing you want to happen, happens, by saying "If God so wills", since the Qur'an tells a story where people didn't account for God's will or interference and their plans went totally unexpected and things were ruined seeming for them.

So Insha'Allah is often said like "yes, I hope so" as "If God hopes so, please!" even if it doesn't mean that, that is how I see it being used a lot, and so it has taken on that sort of feeling in its frequently being employed like that.

So I might say "then we will go to the bank and get the money, Insha'Allah" meaning "If all goes will, if God doesn't have something else in store". It keeps God/Chaos as a factor for the unexpected and tries to alleviate anxiety about the unknown or un-foreseeable future.

As I said that, a package which caused a lot of stress and ruckus yesterday, arrived just now for the second time, but it not being delivered properly the first time, led me to receive 65 dollars shipping refunded, but then 30 dollars were taken for import fees, and these are the sorts of up and down unexpected transactions, bad things leading to good things, leading to other things which make for a strange sort of balance or fairness or rightness or better-ness that Insha'Allah also refers to, that May God Bring About The Best and Most Beneficial (for me) Solution as God so wills or intends, Hopefully.

I have had opportunities to scam, to steal, to cheat people, but I reject these superstitiously, even though they will work and no one will catch me at it ever and they can even be justified, because I don't want my luck to run out or unfairness through chaotic means to be imposed upon me. It is God who is on my mind, and God in the role of God of Trade (the Greeks might have considered such to be Hermes, HRM being the same root possibly as the word Haram in this interesting linguistic case, representing the borders, or in a sense the limitations which should not be transgressed for one to benefit and also receive grace and fair bonus gifts).

After the Insha'Allah story in the Qur'an, one of the people who experienced the troubles said something like "Maybe God will give us something better/show us a better way" or some improvement and improved understanding, and the irony is, that the destruction leading to their realization of this may also be counted as something more valuable to their spirituality and the rest of their life as compared to the scenario where they succeed in their harvesting and make some money from it but never learn anything or excel spiritually.

Another thing Muslims say a lot (and this one often irritates me) is Alhamdtholillah, pronounced like 'uhl hum though lil ah' (Insha'Allah is pronounced usually like in'sh'uh'lah or insh'uhlah said faster and combined). Alhamdtholillah means something like Praise Be To Allah maybe, but the way that many people use it almost to excess can sometimes be very irritating for me, especially when its used in such a way as to not answer questions or to be clear, and when it is used like that, it is employed as if it means "all is well" or "I'm fine" or "things are good". So, you might for example be saying "How are you?" and a person might respond with only "Alhamdtholillah" or you might say "Are you feeling better now?" and they might respond "Alhamdtholillah" and not really share more than that, it can even imply or mean that they want to leave the matter at that or not discuss details. Some go as far as to say or explain their use as avoiding misspeaking or revealing something that is bad, or would stain a reputation, or be sinful somehow, but maybe its just over-used by some in my opinion, and insha'Allah seems a better thing to me. Hey man, I'm asking for information, not about how God deserves praise!

What else do Muslims say? Ma'sh'Allah, like Mahsh'Uhl'ah. MashAllah means maybe something like "God has so willed it" but it is used as a frequent celebratory praise, and also superstitiously to prevent the "evil eye" which one will find is a frequent superstition in some Muslim communities and cultures, if not most. The Evil Eye is the belief that people's bad intentions can come through jealousy and harm people either magically or through plots against them. Mash'Allah is often employed as a defense towards these things, by reminding oneself that whatever good has happened is because of God only and so "take it up with God if you don't like it, jelly". People often say this when someone reports something good happening to them, or its some celebration or occasion of some sort, and one might even hear it a little more when it has to do with children, since people are more concerned about the evil eye in relation to children or other forms of wealth, such as wealth.

I just got my things! Mash'Allah! Now, there is also an element possibly where it is to prevent something bad happening after the good thing has happened also, and a lot of Muslim thinking comes down to the fear or concern about instability and frequent instability and how to alleviate anxieties through surrender, and it could be said that much of the Qur'an and the whole religion is ultimately revolving around this topic and instilling the fear of such things constantly while also providing the antidote to such through alleviating prayers and philosophy or meditations (as in thoughts about, not not-thinking) on the nature of things and reality and coming to terms with it.

To alleviate anxiety, when something bad happens, or I do something accidentally bad, or see someone else do something horrible, or something is out of my control, like I see that I accidentally or someone else purposefully killed a living bug that is all mangled afterwards and I want to cry, then I say "Rubbay, Aghfir, Wa Arhum, Wa Untha, Khayrur, Rahimeen", and this little prayer/spell is asking God for forgiveness and basically relief, and in my case seems to really work quickly as a remedy to things which are distressing, even if I haven't done them myself, I take the opportunity to ask God for forgiveness, and remind myself that all things are because of God, both ultimately and immediately. This is not typical of Muslims, to say this whole prayer, but instead they might when wanting to be patient, utter a magical name of Allah to make that power come upon them or soothe them, for example, they may invoke the epithet "Al-Sabur" meaning "The Patient" or something, or calm or calming, and so they may say "Ya Sabur, Ya Sabur, Ya Sabur" in order that they receive some of this quality in themselves or the benefits of it. They may also say "astughfiroolah" which might be transliterated more commonly as "astagfirullah" or "astagfirallah" or something, but anyway, that one is used as "Forgive me God", and this is usually done when they feel they have made a mistake or done something wrong, but can also be used in other ways to alleviate distress or anxiety.

Wow. It would take me awhile to comment on all your points, but I can see the difference between the two phrases. I've heard the evil I put in another way in sub-culture here in the US. It implies that someone did something wrong and the person giving "the eye" disapproves, I guess in an ironic sort of way, but so much as to have nothing to say about the issue. Another way I can see it is if someone is watching over you to see if you've done good or bad-and if bad, they give you the eye. We're heavily eye-oriented (not sure where you from). Looking someone in the eyes is a sign of respect so if someone gives you the wrong signal with their eyes it means a lot.

Wow. It would take me awhile to comment on all your points, but I can see the difference between the two phrases. I've heard the evil I put in another way in sub-culture here in the US. It implies that someone did something wrong and the person giving "the eye" disapproves, I guess in an ironic sort of way, but so much as to have nothing to say about the issue. Another way I can see it is if someone is watching over you to see if you've done good or bad-and if bad, they give you the eye. We're heavily eye-oriented (not sure where you from). Looking someone in the eyes is a sign of respect so if someone gives you the wrong signal with their eyes it means a lot.

Great points! Speaking of which, the Muslim is encouraged to do the opposite in the Qur'an and actually keep the eyes downcast or diverted, most especially in the case of males looking at women, they are not supposed to look them in the eyes, and downcast also probably doesn't mean to stare under their eyes at their breasts, but rather towards the ground or away or indirectly from the person. They may also not look frequently right into the eyes of anyone in general, as it might have in the past been considered provocative or engaging in conflict and overly aggressive or even giving away too much information or intention, so the Muslims might develop the habit of not looking at people in the eyes very long or sort of looking somewhere else and being uncomfortable staring into eyes or having their eyes stared into.

The Evil-Eye was a worldwide superstition in the past where people were often concerned about malefic powers and individuals harnessing their ill will or naturally having "bad vibes" which were believed to potentially harm or rot anything they set their filthy wicked eyes upon. There was also a concern about evil magic and curses, which in the earliest times were simply people praying to God that some harm comes to their enemies, but later took on more covert forms through symbolic practices, like burying spells, tying up knots, placing nails into little representations of people or things. Magic remains a constant concern in large portions of the world, and even among Muslims, even though the Qur'an when read carefully would alleviate these concerns somewhat, by its stating that God controls all such things and no harm can occur by such on their own, and if such occurs, it is God's doing, witches and sorcerous people with malefic intent and evil desires are entirely harmless, but it does caution against the existence of people who have ill will and also that plots and plans are made by some to harm others, but even these can not come to fruition or work out as desired except as God wills, and so the Qur'an gives people the idea to pray to God for refuge and protection against all threats, as even while one sleeps a spider could crawl under their bum and give them a strong bite, or a scorpion might be in someone's shoe (neither of these examples are mentioned directly, but this is just from thinking about real life), so a person is constantly vulnerable to anything that God brings into their life or experience, knowingly or unknowingly, seen or unseen, so a person's only alleviation from such endless anxiety from innumerable potential threats and bad circumstances is to Ask the one believed to Control our experiences not to make anything bad happen and to write and speak into existence, generating only a reality, that is happy and good for us and leads to goodness and saves us from troubles, pains, wrath, suffering.

The Qur'an opens with such ideas even mentioned in the prayer and also concludes with such in the last few chapters/surahs which provide verses used as prayers by many Muslims.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The Qur'an is supposedly authored entirely by God, and Muhammed is the person who the Qur'an seems to be talking to throughout the text, but people who are not Muslims generally think (like academics for example), that the Qur'an has a single author, credited as Muhammed, and written over a period of years. Some people say there are multiple authors, but the Muslims believe the Qur'an is authored by God, not Muhammed, and otherwise authored by Muhammed alone, not others.

Are there multiple written authors? (From a non-godly perspective)

I do not know if females i speak with has been circumcised or not, i do not have a habit of asking them about it.

FYI: i am against harming any human being, physically or mentally

Is she from some African place? Barely any Muslims I've ever encountered have their clitoral hoods removed or touched by anyone ever, except while having sexual intercourse with their husbands maybe or while they are washing their genitals after they go to the bathroom.

Its very uncommon. I am a bold person and I don't mind going up to women and asking them about their clitorises or anything else, and they all have them and they are pretty sensitive too (because they aren't likely to be touched a lot, even by themselves).

If she is from some place where they culturally do this circumcision thing for the females, then maybe they've had it done, but I doubt they would have that done and be getting ready to marry a convert Caucasian dude, unless maybe they have given up hope on everything being tightly cultural and traditional, since their family would not look well upon such a mixed marriage thing going on probably, especially where the male is a convert.

Muslims are more tolerant about Muslim men marrying converted women than they would be about Muslim women marrying converted men, but I've been hearing about looser Muslims in the Dutch-like lands getting into such occasionally, but I still consider it pretty rare throughout the history of Islam.

Muslims typically circumcise the males, and often ask converts to do so as well, even though no such practice is mentioned or insisted upon in the Qur'an as far as I am aware. I was given a circumcision as a baby, in the great North American tradition (its common in years past in North America and America even among the non-religious).

firedragon

Veteran Member
Are there multiple written authors? (From a non-godly perspective)

No. There is an entire field of criticism and when you try applying criticism it fails to identify different authors. Also if you consult philologists who studied it, lets say someone like sadheghi, even non-muslim quranic scholars you would see that its written by one person.

Even if its just a book, no God, no Muhammed, nothing special, nothing divine, it is definitely originally written by one author by simple linguistic analysis.

Perhaps surprisingly, or perhaps not, many people don't realize that these weirdos called "Muslims" are actually just pretty average human beings who are worried about paying bills, making money, eating, pooping, sleeping, exercising, getting fat, getting married, having sex, they are so ordinary in fact that they are almost irrelevant (word of the day).

Here are the major differences between a Muslim and a Non-Muslim.

Muslims are anally fixated, but instead of being fixated on anuses for sexual purposes like a Non-Muslim male might be, they are fixated on cleanliness of their anuses, and this even goes so far as feeling the need to wash themselves before the official ritual daily prayer exercises even if they have farted. Muslim's buttholes are incredibly clean and sterile, except for sweat, and they typically use them for nothing more than defecation.

Muslims deal with their poop a lot more than other people or cultures might, by putting their hands on their anuses (I use disposable gloves, hoping to destroy the environment and the world one washing session at a time) much more frequently by washing themselves when they go to the bathroom, using water and making sure its thoroughly clean with no trace of poo poo anywhere to be found.

Its a significant difference, because for some, it gives a sense of elitism when they might actually think of people from certain other cultures as being filthy and of a deteriorated mind and lifestyle. So when you imagine Muslims, you can imagine their noses upturned, their eyes looking down (but not at you very directly), and probably thinking that you're trash. That doesn't make them very much different from other people though.

What else?

Muslims, real Muslims (of which there might not be as many as the big numbers of people assumed to be Muslims or nominally Muslims or from Muslim cultures), believe that God is constantly present and influencing their lives and experiences constantly, which puts them in an almost thoughtful and meditative state of mind quite often, and frequently in a mental or vocal dialogue with their invisible friend, God, who accompanies them everywhere and through everything and is considered responsible for practically everything. Its like how some people say Jesus walks with me, but instead of being a man, its like the Air all around you and ever-present and overseeing the whole affair, and giving you little treats, and doing weird stuff, and you're like "Awe! Wow!" and fascinated, like a haunted life, but not quite scary, though it can feel scary when the feeling or awareness becomes very strong or some weird thing happens which is deemed miraculous or you feel like you were given some psychic intuition or something. You've unlikely met or spoken to very many Muslims, let alone "real Muslims" who are a rare minority, basically Jedi/Sith.

Muslims, at least the ones I've interacted with, are usually pretty silly, pretty humorous, and humor and stupidity plays a large role in their cultures and daily life and stories, they are the biggest idiot jokers that I've ever encountered, and Atheists don't even come as close to the joke levels and frequency of Muslims I've encountered, and their entire cultures have tons of laughing, slapstick, tomfoolery, idiocy, ironic justice, and this sort of stuff can even be found sort of hinted through the Qur'an and was very prevalent through all of Muslim History and Medieval literature and everything, it could even have been a big factor in some of the humor and its origins which ended up in Europe and other parts of Asia. They may seem like very strict people, but most families I've interacted with are full of humor and gentleness towards their own kin and family members and aren't going to throw people out of the house or do anything much in response to conflict except maybe arguing and yelling.

The Muslims don't drink, so there is likely a lot less stuff that stems from drinking intoxicants or being intoxicated, so less sexual abuse most likely and domestic abuse, since there is not much inhibiting them, unless they are jacked up on tons of caffeine or something or just have a wild personality.

Muslim humor is typically about appearance and body humor or slapstick stupidity, as well as mockery and inappropriateness, so by appearance I mean like someone's hair being eschew in some funny way, or their clothes looking funny like being oversized or too long and then tripping over their own pant legs or something idiotic like that, or wearing something inappropriate, or something ridiculous or absurd happening like a material being made of a flammable fabric and catching fire and burning off instantly so that they are left naked but unharmed, since mainly its not about suffering exactly but more about cartoony stupidity and silliness, this is pretty universal really, and there is no restriction and no one but the truly insane among the Muslims who is not laughing and chuckling at such stupidity or commenting on it or telling jokes like these full of either self mockery or mockery of other idiotic characters and events. A lot of the jokes may also contain elements of people doing stupid things under stress or in fear or being frightened and rushed or something, like someone running outside to fight a thief without any pants on in something too short and running around yelling and its nothing.

Every Muslim day, a Muslim wakes up like anyone else, and has to figure out what to do, what to eat, etc. They eat what anyone else eats mainly, except for Pork, and Muslim cultures frequently have some of the most delicious or flavorful cuisine in the world, possibly due to their long experience in spices and the spice trade among those cultures which are now Muslim. They like roast meats, curries, strong aromatic flavors and smells, things made in ovens and with fire involved. They like large amounts of food, and also sweet things, fats and bread, so may have been some of the earlier fatsos on this planet, and have throughout history been more prone to hedonism than not, making for beautiful architecture, gardens, fountains, music, soft clothing, pillows and laying around and lounging, taking lots of breaks, being seen as very lazy and slow, and basically living like the pigs they can't eat (because they view them as human or too close to being human, like themselves), and waiting to get to paradise, where they expect to do more lounging around and being lazy, simply by investing in regular prayer and regular charity, and a few other rather easy practices! Sweet deal! Did someone say Sweet? Nom Nom!

Do you feel that you are that good person who's doing something about evil by acting like this?
This was a good question that I wish would get a sincere answer, since I too wonder if people who don't quite seem to "turn the other cheek" or be "meek" actually perceive their forays into Crusader combat to be good and Godly ways of interacting with human beings.

Gargovic Malkav

This was a good question that I wish would get a sincere answer, since I too wonder if people who don't quite seem to "turn the other cheek" or be "meek" actually perceive their forays into Crusader combat to be good and Godly ways of interacting with human beings.

Not sure religion means much to him. As he seems to be more interested in being a troll than being a Christian.

MNoBody

Thus, could you explain how the verse you had underlined refers to the OP?

Let me ask you something and if you could answer this it will be great. Do you naturally assume this verse refers to everyone who does not call him/her-self "muslim"? Well, the verse doesnt say that. Thus, the natural assumption that this is referring to you or anyone else who does not call himself muslim is your personal issue.

Hope you understand.
no I do not assume such
you are assuming a motive in posting that wasn't.....
and that is not what I was thinking at all...no personal issues as you have imagined.
but thanks for telling me what I was up to [as if you could]
honestly I am surprised at the reaction.... but oh well....life is a strange place.

firedragon

Veteran Member
no I do not assume such
you are assuming a motive in posting that wasn't.....
and that is not what I was thinking at all...no personal issues as you have imagined.
but thanks for telling me what I was up to [as if you could]
honestly I am surprised at the reaction.... but oh well....life is a strange place.

Well, if I assumed wrong, I apologise.

In that case let me clarify from you. Please explain what you interpreted from the verse you underlined, and whats the relevance.

Thanks in advance.