• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Science We Trust

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd guess this to be true.

I'd be interested in the case of religious people being anti-vax. how does it correlate to the specific religion?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Survey shows that US atheists are overwhelmingly pro-vax

Survey shows that US atheists are overwhelmingly pro-vax

My guess is that this holds true for atheists everywhere. No?
Scientism...;) I'm guessing those who think others have an excessive belief in the power of science, won't overplay their hand by denying themselves access to a vaccine, given it means they then have a 1 in 10 chance of becoming critically ill, and possibly dying in a global pandemic, though many of course are more than stupid enough to do just that.

I wonder how many creationists will have the integrity to deny that a virus can have evolved?

Did you not get vaccinated then?

You misunderstand. It was a) a joke to @icehorse about his noted dislike of wokery b) me poking fun at statements like 'trust the science' which I find to be very silly indeed given the massive variety in the accuracy and utility of the different sciences.

Saying "trust the science" is about the most unscientific attitude I can imagine. In some fields published research replicates at below 50%, and significant amounts of published science is impacted by poor methodology, personal bias, deliberate manipulation, etc.

People should recognise both the value and weaknesses of the sciences and be as critical with scientific findings as they would with any other area of knowledge.

Do you agree?

If it matters, I have been vaccinated 3 times against covid (2 AZ, 1 Pfizer), although I currently have myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) as a result of the booster. This is acknowledged as a side-effect with 'unknown' probability so it was a risk I chose to take.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
do you know that some of scientific phenomenons are proved in religion books before any scientific person proved it
Phenomena, and that claim will need to be properly evidenced, as I am highly dubious. Though even were it the case, the fact humans are capable of profundity, even when motivated by vapid superstition, doesn't validated anything else.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Saying "trust the science" is about the most unscientific attitude I can imagine. In some fields published research replicates at below 50%, and significant amounts of published science is impacted by poor methodology, personal bias, deliberate manipulation, etc.

How do we know these facts? ;)

It seems you are misrepresenting the phrase "trust science" as trust anything said in the name of science, rather than trusting the method. The method that undoubtedly gave you those facts you just used. No one said trust shoddy pseudoscience or bias, did they? To be fair...