• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In response to a question i was asked.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The destruction of 100 000 Hindu temples, and arguably the largest genocide in history was just so peaceful. It calmed that part of the world.
@Amanaki
Do you agree that Islam has not been the religion of Peace from 1000 till 1700? (see my previous post)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
@Amanaki
Do you agree that Islam has not been the religion of Peace from 1000 till 1700? (see my previous post)
There has been times when muslims was at war, that is in the history books, so nothing to deny there. I am not a person who has great knowledge about past wars, so all i can say is. Muslims may have started wars in the past, they may have defended them self in wars in the past.

But when reading the Qur'an it clearly state that killing can only be done in self defence ( my understanding of the teaching)
There has been fight between Christians and muslims in the middle age.

But i think most of those wars was more politically based then religioues driven.
Can i be wrong? Yes, i was not there to witness it

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If this is the wrong place for this OP please move it to the correct area.

Yesterday i was asked how muslims look at other religions, and in my study i come across a good answer that inwanted to share, so that the questfrom yesterday can be answered :)

Muhammad spoke approvingly of Jews and Christians as fellow "People of the Book," and the Qur'an even allows a Muslim man to take a Jewish or Christian woman for his wife. It also expresses admiration for the Jews, in that "they know the Book as they know their own children!"

As seen in the quote above, Muslims consider the prophets of Judaism and Christianity to be true messengers of God, but hold Muhammad to be the last and greatest of these.

Although the Qur'an teaches that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, it rejects the divinity of Jesus. It also explicitly condemns the doctrine of the Trinity, which it interprets as consisting of God, Jesus and Mary.

So if you think muslims are against other religions it is not so :)
But then you will ask, why do muslims kill "infidels", the killing we see done by terror group claining to be muslims, can not be true muslims when they clearly use the scripture in an evil way.
There are verses in the Quran that extremists use to "approve of their action" but if we look just to the next Page or a few pages later, it clearly say those who harm others are doing evil.

Let's just say its not working out well enough to convince terrorists and even entire governments to stop their cruel methodology in the name of Islam.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Let's just say its not working out well enough to convince terrorists and even entire governments to stop their cruel methodology in the name of Islam.
Islam works very well for me in a peaceful way, that said i do of course not support terror made in islam name or in Allah's name

stvdv

@firedragon
I have 3 questions (after reading the OP, which I asked Amanaki, but I did not get a clear answer), and I am curious how you see this:

1) How can a "true" messenger of God be less then Muhammad? (considering that God is beyond duality, this can't be the highest truth IMO)
2) God is "beyond" duality, do you expect "Muhammad is the greatest" to be God's truth? (does Arabic original have "of these" added?)
3) God is "beyond" time, do you expect "Muhammad to be the last" to be God's truth? (does last maybe imply "last scripture given" by God?)

Muslims consider the prophets of Judaism and Christianity to be true messengers of God

Muslims consider the prophets of Judaism and Christianity to be true messengers of God, but hold Muhammad to be the last and greatest of these.

It also explicitly condemns the doctrine of the Trinity
@stvdvRF

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
With all due respect...really...but there are also Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans...they are "other religions" too.
Not to mention Atheists.

Muslims ruled India from the 12th century and up, but they didn't destroy the Hindus temples,
so I believe that they were treated the same, no compulsion in religion.

stvdv

The destruction of 100 000 Hindu temples, and arguably the largest genocide in history was just so peaceful. It calmed that part of the world.
1 Question:
I believe in the Law of Karma. So, I am amazed that Hindus got so much negative Karma. I know that when it happened there had been already 3500 years of Kali Yuga, so time enough to do bad things for humans. Do you know whether or not Hindus had been doing really bad stuff in those previous 3500 years?

Note: Of course I have no clue how Karma works out. IF reincarnation is true it might even be, that all the bad Karma is born together in 1 country.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Prove it, what your evidences that Muslims destroyed the Hindus temples and how could
you explain that Hindus temples are still existing.

4345501-steps-leading-to-the-ancient-hindu-temple-at-konark-orissa-india-13th-century-ad-large-stone-buildin.jpg

stvdv

Prove it, what your evidences that Muslims destroyed the Hindus temples and how could
you explain that Hindus temples are still existing
You are not serious here, are you? This is a classic example of "being in denial" IMO
These Muslims were good, but not that good; destroying 100.000 temples not 100.001

stvdv

Just google 'Islamic invasions of India'. There is debate about just how much went on, but the fact that it happened in horrible degrees is always there.

Here's a link: Mughal India ~ The Biggest Holocaust in World History | SikhNet
Strange they don't put this one on the wiki-list
List of genocides by death toll - Wikipedia

And I see that they still take out sites about this genocide, still trying to virtual undo this inhumane, shameful behavior. But Allah knows the Truth

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
1 Question:
I believe in the Law of Karma. So, I am amazed that Hindus got so much negative Karma. I know that when it happened there had been already 3500 years of Kali Yuga, so time enough to do bad things for humans. Do you know whether or not Hindus had been doing really bad stuff in those previous 3500 years?

Note: Of course I have no clue how Karma works out. IF reincarnation is true it might even be, that all the bad Karma is born together in 1 country.
Yes there were old wars. The Tirukkural has advice to kings on war.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
you explain that Hindus temples are still existing.

4345501-steps-leading-to-the-ancient-hindu-temple-at-konark-orissa-india-13th-century-ad-large-stone-buildin.jpg

Yes it gets denied. Historians who came up with the figures read the diaries of Muslim generals. Did you even read the earlier article? The invasions only got to about the middle of India. That's why the wondrous stone temples in the South survived.

But yes, modern Muslims deny their past despite overwhelming evidence. Just google 'Islamic invasions of India'. there will be a ton of proof.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes it gets denied. Historians who came up with the figures read the diaries of Muslim generals. Did you even read the earlier article? The invasions only got to about the middle of India. That's why the wondrous stone temples in the South survived.

But yes, modern Muslims deny their past despite overwhelming evidence. Just google 'Islamic invasions of India'. there will be a ton of proof.

But you didn't show any proof, show me one to investigate how Muslims destroyed the temples?