• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In response to a question i was asked.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I will put it more clear now:
1) Is the Koran sufficient to find all the needed answers for humans?
2) Is the Koran insufficient to find all the needed answers for humans?

Can you define what you mean by "all the information"?

Hope you understand the question. Give me one specific answer please.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Muslims seem to see Christians different than they see themselves in relation to the Christian belief. Unless islam agrees with Christians (christian bible and religion) interpretation, does it really approve christianity. That goes the same for judaism.
Again i only answer for me, yes a muslim will approve of Christianity and Judaism, but there is some differences in the teaching, example being in Islam Jesus is not seen as Gods son, but as a true prophet

firedragon

Veteran Member
Muslims seem to see Christians different than they see themselves in relation to the Christian belief. Unless islam agrees with Christians (christian bible and religion) interpretation, does it really approve christianity. That goes the same for judaism.

Nope. Quran outright disagrees with the general concepts of Christianity.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I will put it more clear now:
1) Is the Koran sufficient to find all the needed answers for humans?
2) Is the Koran insufficient to find all the needed answers for humans?

Can you define what you mean by "all the information"?
I said "all the needed answers" not "all the needed information"

Humans have many questions, and therefore they look for answers
Suppose there is not 1 needed answer then there would be no need for God to give the Koran
Hence I expect that the Koran is there to provide answers for those in search of answers
Hence my 2 questions

firedragon

Veteran Member
I said "all the needed answers" not "all the needed information"

Humans have many questions, and therefore they look for answers
Suppose there is not 1 needed answer then there would be no need for God to give the Koran
Hence I expect that the Koran is there to provide answers for those in search of answers
Hence my 2 questions

Brother. With all due respect, what kind of answers? One single specific answer please.

Humans have a lot of questions. One guy I know questioned if he has the capacity to reverse engineer software and he did a Phd. Now he is one of the foremost in the world. If you expect that kind of question to be answered by the Quran, that's nonsensical.

Thats why I am asking for one single specific response.

stvdv

That is a sneaky trick the Muslim plays who decided this
An Egyptian court granted Baha'is the right to obtain government identity papers on Tuesday, so long as they omit their faith
So, I call that very mean, devious and against Allah's Dharma
Because it means they are not allowed to speak their heart, and that is against Koran, against Allah IMHO
@stvdvRF

Last edited:

stvdv

Brother. With all due respect, what kind of answers? One single specific answer please.

Humans have a lot of questions. One guy I know questioned if he has the capacity to reverse engineer software and he did a Phd. Now he is one of the foremost in the world. If you expect that kind of question to be answered by the Quran, that's nonsensical.

Thats why I am asking for one single specific response.
With "Needed answer" I implied "needed according to Allah" to reach Allah, or life's goal or whatever you might call this

firedragon

Veteran Member
With "Needed answer" I implied "needed according to Allah" to reach Allah, or life's goal or whatever you might call this

Well brother. The Quran claims to be a book written for the mindful/righteous/one with a conscience, and it tells you to not keep a doubt in that. first verse in the second chapter.

Qur'an calls itself the Furqan, the criterion. The yardstick. So it is the yardstick you will measure everything in the world with. Every question. It will give you the criterion, not the extreme end of an application.

For example, if you ask a question like "how do I speak to people" it will tell you "speak to them in the better manner so that even your enemy may become your best friend". This is the default, the foundation. But it will not tell you not to touch your nose when talking because it may seem like you are lying.

stvdv

Well brother. The Quran claims to be a book written for the mindful/righteous/one with a conscience, and it tells you to not keep a doubt in that. first verse in the second chapter.

Qur'an calls itself the Furqan, the criterion. The yardstick. So it is the yardstick you will measure everything in the world with. Every question. It will give you the criterion, not the extreme end of an application.

For example, if you ask a question like "how do I speak to people" it will tell you "speak to them in the better manner so that even your enemy may become your best friend". This is the default, the foundation. But it will not tell you not to touch your nose when talking because it may seem like you are lying.
Wow, that is quite a reply. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your answer; it's very insightful. And your examples illustrate it very well.

stvdv

Isn't that a form of cognitive dissonance? Maybe accept the uncomfortable feeling then rejustify it until it feels right?
Thanks for the feedback. Does not apply to me though.
I know that scriptures are full of different layers of understanding for different readers and for different times

Example: Krishna tells Arjuna to kill his enemy:
a) For the external warrior Arjuna 5000 years ago it meant to actually kill his enemies
b) For the internal worrier it means to kill his worries
c) For ...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Again i only answer for me, yes a muslim will approve of Christianity and Judaism, but there is some differences in the teaching, example being in Islam Jesus is not seen as Gods son, but as a true prophet

Let me ask. You keep saying you speak for yourself. That would mean we are not asking what islam teaches but what your interpretation of islam teaches?

Is there a common denominator that Muslims believe that they can speak about their religious beliefs as a unit rather than the individual?

I only know christian protestants to think individually. Catholics, bahai, etc don't seem to. It doesn't mean they don't have their own interpretations but they do fall back on the main concepts when describing their faith. Protestants are a dime a dozen.

Is it like that in islam, speaking as a group/a body (i.e. quran speaks of Muslims as a body) or, like hinduism, individualism is highly prevelant in their worship outside of puja and festivals?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Let me ask. You keep saying you speak for yourself. That would mean we are not asking what islam teaches but what your interpretation of islam teaches?

Is there a common denominator that Muslims believe that they can speak about their religious beliefs as a unit rather than the individual?

I only know christian protestants to think individually. Catholics, bahai, etc don't seem to. It doesn't mean they don't have their own interpretations but they do fall back on the main concepts when describing their faith. Protestants are a dime a dozen.

Is it like that in islam, speaking as a group/a body (i.e. quran speaks of Muslims as a body) or, like hinduism, individualism is highly prevelant in their worship outside of puja and festivals?
If i qoute the Qur'an then i can speak for muslims in general because it is directly from the teaching, but when i speak of my own understanding of the teaching, i must say it is my understanding since i may say something wrong and that would be wrong of me to claim is Islam.

I have not been muslim long enough to memorize the teaching, and still my knowledge of the deeper meaning of the teaching is limited.

stvdv

The destruction of 100 000 Hindu temples, and arguably the largest genocide in history was just so peaceful. It calmed that part of the world.
I did not know Muslims destroyed 100.000 Hindu temples. When was that? And they also are responsible for a genocide?
That is quite some karma they created for Muslims. They have to repay that one day, even if they don't believe in Karma

This is still going on. These Muslims should be careful though. They create lots of bad karma, and have themselves to blame if 1 missile hits Mecca

https://www.opindia.com/2020/06/hindu-temple-demolished-by-cops-on-the-objection-of-muslims-in-tn/

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I did not know Muslims destroyed 100.000 Hindu temples. When was that? And they also are responsible for a genocide?
That is quite some karma they created for Muslims. They have to repay that one day, even if they don't believe in Karma

This is still going on. These Muslims should be careful though. They create lots of bad karma, and have themselves to blame if 1 missile hits Mecca

Hindu Temple demolished by cops on the objection of Muslims in TN
Just google 'Islamic invasions of India'. There is debate about just how much went on, but the fact that it happened in horrible degrees is always there.

Here's a link: Mughal India ~ The Biggest Holocaust in World History | SikhNet

stvdv

Just google 'Islamic invasions of India'. There is debate about just how much went on, but the fact that it happened in horrible degrees is always there.

Here's a link: Mughal India ~ The Biggest Holocaust in World History | SikhNet
Thank you, I appreciate it
Good article at first glance "Sikhism believes in defence of all people including themselves. This article is not meant to single out any religion but rather tyranny itself."

This proves we now must re-educate all religions that previous millennia is finished = stop acting on useless cruel verses
Because much of tyranny and violence finds it origin in religions or other narrow minded systems and ideologies

With the invasion of India by Mahmud Ghazni about 1000 A.D., began the Muslim invasions into the Indian subcontinent and they lasted for several centuries. Nadir Shah made a mountain of the skulls of the Hindus he killed in Delhi alone. Babur raised towers of Hindu skulls at Khanua when he defeated Rana Sanga in 1527 and later he repeated the same horrors after capturing the fort of Chanderi. Akbar ordered a general massacre of 30,000 Rajputs after he captured Chithorgarh in 1568. The Bahamani Sultans had an annual agenda of killing a minimum of 100,000 Hindus every year.

The history of medieval India is full of such instances. The holocaust of the Hindus in India continued for 800 years, till the brutal regimes were effectively overpowered in a life and death struggle by the Sikhs in the Panjab and the Hindu Maratha armies in other parts of India in the late 1700’s.

These contemporary records boasted about and glorified the crimes that were committed – and the genocide of tens of millions of Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhist and Jainist, mass rapes of women and the destruction of thousands of ancient Hindu / Buddhist temples and libraries have been well documented and provide solid proof of the World’s biggest holocaust.

Last edited: