• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In response to a question i was asked.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Well i was not there to hear the message Allah gave Muhammad so i will still believe the correct message is given in the Qur'an
Even if it would feel really bad, according to your conscience?

stvdv

I do not go against Allah and his words.
I did not ask about "going against Allah", I just asked about "going against Koran if it feels bad according to your conscience"

I would not go against Allah
I would go against Messengers or Scriptures if what they say feels bad;)

firedragon

Veteran Member
In my understanding Muhammad (pbuh) spoke only about the abrahamic religions.
But yes of course there are other religions too as you mention.

Brother. The Quran speaks of all religions.

The thing to remember is, when you mention Judaism and Christianity, people will ask you "why not Hinduism". If you mention Hinduism and Shintoism, people will ask you "why not Judaism and Christianity". If you mention 50 religions by name, people will ask you about another one or fifty. This line of questioning logically false and no objective thinking person will ask you this kind of question.

But nevertheless what you should know is brother that the Quran speaks of all. Not by name, but by statements. All over the Quran. Take for example the statement "lakum dheenukum waliayaddheen". That means "your religion is yours to keep, and mine is mine". These are general statements to everyone and every religion. One could never ever name every single religion in one book. Its impossible and is a silly approach. There won't be any room for anything else and it is a never-ending task.

Inclusion of one doesnt mean exclusion of all others.

E.g. If I write a book and mention my wife and say "I love her", that doesnt mean I hate everyone else in the world. Its a stupid question to ask.

Also, If I talk of two people I interacted with in my life precisely, that doesnt mean I excluded every single human being other than these two from my life. Thats one of the most stupid questions to ask if one asks.

Maybe they have a misunderstanding which they should "ask" rather than making statements. Unless otherwise they dont intend to ask or study something which is dishonesty.

Peace.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I did not ask about "going against Allah", I just asked about "going against Koran if it feels bad according to your conscience"

I would not go against Allah
I would go against Messengers or Scriptures if what they say feels bad;)
The "bad" you speak of in Quran is there for a reason, do i understand why it is all there, no i dont, but as a muslim it is up to me to find those answer by practicing the teaching.

Do i have questions about why the teaching say what it do, yes of course, but again when i study i find those answers within the teachings it self.

firedragon

Veteran Member

I think to answer this, one would need an example.

So can you provide an example of a situation where something is said in the Quran but its against one's conscience?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Brother. The Quran speaks of all religions.

The thing to remember is, when you mention Judaism and Christianity, people will ask you "why not Hinduism". If you mention Hinduism and Shintoism, people will ask you "why not Judaism and Christianity". If you mention 50 religions by name, people will ask you about another one or fifty. This line of questioning logically false and no objective thinking person will ask you this kind of question.

But nevertheless what you should know is brother that the Quran speaks of all. Not by name, but by statements. All over the Quran. Take for example the statement "lakum dheenukum waliayaddheen". That means "your religion is yours to keep, and mine is mine". These are general statements to everyone and every religion. One could never ever name every single religion in one book. Its impossible and is a silly approach. There won't be any room for anything else and it is a never-ending task.

Inclusion of one doesnt mean exclusion of all others.

E.g. If I write a book and mention my wife and say "I love her", that doesnt mean I hate everyone else in the world. Its a stupid question to ask.

Also, If I talk of two people I interacted with in my life precisely, that doesnt mean I excluded every single human being other than these two from my life. Thats one of the most stupid questions to ask if one asks.

Maybe they have a misunderstanding which they should "ask" rather than making statements. Unless otherwise they dont intend to ask or study something which is dishonesty.

Peace.
Thank you @firedragon yes i agree with what you say here

stvdv

Qur'an teaches that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, it rejects the divinity of Jesus. It also explicitly condemns the doctrine of the Trinity
1) IF Koran is the last Book of God given to mankind THEN Koran should be able to provide all the answers, do you agree?
2) So, does the Koran condemns Sai Baba and the Teachings of Sai Baba (direct or indirect)?
3) IF not THEN I assume Sai Baba's Teachings are true according to Koran, right?
(Sai Baba does not claim to be a Messenger nor a Prophet not a new Religion)
(Sai Baba does claim that knowing His Teachings is sufficient to reach the Life's Highest Goal)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
1) IF Koran is the last Book of God given to mankind THEN Koran should be able to provide all the answers, do you agree?
2) So, does the Koran condemns Sai Baba and the Teachings of Sai Baba (direct or indirect)?
3) IF not THEN I assume Sai Baba's Teachings are true according to Koran, right?
(Sai Baba does claim that knowing His Teachings is sufficient to reach the Life's Highest Goal)
The Qur'an provide answers to Muslims, i can not speak for other religions or spiritual teachings. Because i dedicate my understanding to the Qur'an.
If people follow other religions that is no problem

firedragon

Veteran Member

No. You are absolutely wrong.

The Quran does not say the teachings of Atanatu is wrong. It doesnt address atanatu at all.

That doesnt mean it is saying "Atanatu's teachings are true".

Its a non-sequiter.

stvdv

I think to answer this, one would need an example.
I would not need an example to answer this, but I could understand it would be easier for others to have an example

So can you provide an example of a situation where something is said in the Quran but its against one's conscience?
I believe the Koran is the Word of God, so IF I find something that goes against my conscience I will use all my creativity (which is a lot) to find another interpretation till it feels right with my conscience. So far I managed to find another interpretation. So, I can't give you one now.

Note: maybe I did find "problems", but then I forgot about it, because I don't think it is that important if the Koran would contain a few errors, as there is plenty of good in it. I only remember focus on the good, unless someone asks me about a specific verse, I might give it a critical thought.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I would not need an example to answer this, but I could understand it would be easier for others to have an example

I believe the Koran is the Word of God, so IF I find something that goes against my conscience I will use all my creativity (which is a lot) to find another interpretation till it feels right with my conscience. So far I managed to find another interpretation. So, I can't give you one now.

Note: maybe I did find "problems", but then I forgot about it, because I don't think it is that important if the Koran would contain a few errors, as there is plenty of good in it. I only remember focus on the good, unless someone asks me about a specific verse, I might give it a critical thought.

When I say example I dont mean a random example brother, but an objective example.

Verse, what it says, why its against your conscience, and justification it should be.

stvdv

No. You are absolutely wrong.
I will put it more clear now:
1) Is the Koran sufficient to find all the needed answers for humans?
2) Is the Koran insufficient to find all the needed answers for humans?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Isn't that a form of cognitive dissonance? Maybe accept the uncomfortable feeling than rejustify it until it feels right?

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If this is the wrong place for this OP please move it to the correct area.

Yesterday i was asked how muslims look at other religions, and in my study i come across a good answer that inwanted to share, so that the questfrom yesterday can be answered :)

Muhammad spoke approvingly of Jews and Christians as fellow "People of the Book," and the Qur'an even allows a Muslim man to take a Jewish or Christian woman for his wife. It also expresses admiration for the Jews, in that "they know the Book as they know their own children!"

As seen in the quote above, Muslims consider the prophets of Judaism and Christianity to be true messengers of God, but hold Muhammad to be the last and greatest of these.

Although the Qur'an teaches that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, it rejects the divinity of Jesus. It also explicitly condemns the doctrine of the Trinity, which it interprets as consisting of God, Jesus and Mary.

So if you think muslims are against other religions it is not so :)
But then you will ask, why do muslims kill "infidels", the killing we see done by terror group claining to be muslims, can not be true muslims when they clearly use the scripture in an evil way.
There are verses in the Quran that extremists use to "approve of their action" but if we look just to the next Page or a few pages later, it clearly say those who harm others are doing evil.

Muslims seem to see Christians different than they see themselves in relation to the Christian belief. Unless islam agrees with Christians (christian bible and religion) interpretation, does it really approve christianity. That goes the same for judaism.