• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In response to a question i was asked.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
1) How can a "true" messenger of God be less then Muhammad?
2) God is "beyond" duality, do you expect "Muhammad is the greatest" to be God's truth?
3) God is "beyond" time, do you expect "Muhammad to be the last" to be God's truth?
I dont think the Quran speak about other messrngers as lesser, but according to Islam Muhammad was the last messenger for us to learn from. ( if my understanding is wrong, i am sure i will learn it in the future)
Muhammad is the messenger Allah is the God, they are not the same in my understanding

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
1) Do you believe God condemns the doctrine of the Trinity, while calling the prophets "true messengers of God"?
Even before i become a muslim i did not see the trinity as correct, but as a muslim i have no doubt that the Qur'an is speaking the truth.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yesterday i was asked how muslims look at other religions

Muhammad spoke approvingly of Jews and Christians as fellow "People of the Book,"
Qur'an even allows a Muslim man to take a Jewish or Christian woman for his wife.
It also expresses admiration for the Jews, in that "they know the Book as they know their own children!"

As seen in the quote above, Muslims consider the prophets of Judaism and Christianity to be true messengers of God, but hold Muhammad to be the last and greatest of these.

Although the Qur'an teaches that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, it rejects the divinity of Jesus.
It also explicitly condemns the doctrine of the Trinity, which it interprets as consisting of God, Jesus and Mary.

So if you think muslims are against other religions it is not so :)
To condemn the Christian doctrine of the Trinity = Be against the Christian religion

stvdv

2) God is "beyond" duality, do you expect "Muhammad is the greatest" to be God's truth?
3) God is "beyond" time, do you expect "Muhammad to be the last" to be God's truth?

Muhammad is the messenger Allah is the God, they are not the same in my understanding
That is not an answer to my questions (they are simple yes/no questions)

stvdv

I did not write the Qur'an:) but if those are the correct words used in the Arabic Qur'an too, i still believe Allah know why those words was used
Exactly. I agree how you put it this time. But it could also be that Muhammad (or the writers) heard/interpreted something different than Allah said

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Exactly. I agree how you put it this time. But it could also be that Muhammad (or the writers) heard/interpreted something different than Allah said
Well i was not there to hear the message Allah gave Muhammad so i will still believe the correct message is given in the Qur'an

firedragon

Veteran Member
With all due respect...really...but there are also Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans...they are "other religions" too.
Not to mention Atheists.

So your point is what? Do you think one book speaking about two specific religions damns every other religion? Is that your case or do you have another?

Please explain.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So your point is what? Do you think one book speaking about two specific religions damns every other religion? Is that your case or do you have another?

Please explain.

No...I was asking about the other religions.
Mine was a question...not an answer.