• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In need of some assistance

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm working on a paper for one of my archeology classes which involves some of the work of the renowned French archeologist Charles Simon Clermont-Ganneau. From there I got to researching the life of his father, the French feminist and mystic Simon Ganneau. Ganneau Senior invented his own religion, called Evadamism, which is a combination of the words Eve and Adam, because the religion was centered around the concept of androgyny and full equality between men and women. Ganneau went by the name Le Mapah, which is a combination of the words mama and papa. Ganneau was also a sculptor and was said to have created statuettes symbolizing androgyny and bisexuality.

I believe that Ganneau Junior may have been influenced by his father's work and it showed in some of his archeological work, even though his father died when he was five. To prove this connection, I'm trying to find pictures or sketches of some of Ganneau's sculptures, but haven't had any luck so far. There are 3 sketches of Ganneau himself done by other artists that appear in a lot of websites, and I also found another in a book. Plus there's one drawing done by Ganneau of the primordial androgynous Adam. But I haven't managed to find any images of his sculptures. So far I've checked the French National Library (I was hoping some newspaper would have published pictures, but no luck) and tried the Louvre but haven't found anything, although maybe I missed something for not navigating well.

If anyone has any leads or suggestions, I would be very happy to hear.

Vee

Premium Member
I'm working on a paper for one of my archeology classes which involves some of the work of the renowned French archeologist Charles Simon Clermont-Ganneau. From there I got to researching the life of his father, the French feminist and mystic Simon Ganneau. Ganneau Senior invented his own religion, called Evadamism, which is a combination of the words Eve and Adam, because the religion was centered around the concept of androgyny and full equality between men and women. Ganneau went by the name Le Mapah, which is a combination of the words mama and papa. Ganneau was also a sculptor and was said to have created statuettes symbolizing androgyny and bisexuality.

I believe that Ganneau Junior may have been influenced by his father's work and it showed in some of his archeological work, even though his father died when he was five. To prove this connection, I'm trying to find pictures or sketches of some of Ganneau's sculptures, but haven't had any luck so far. There are 3 sketches of Ganneau himself done by other artists that appear in a lot of websites, and I also found another in a book. Plus there's one drawing done by Ganneau of the primordial androgynous Adam. But I haven't managed to find any images of his sculptures. So far I've checked the French National Library (I was hoping some newspaper would have published pictures, but no luck) and tried the Louvre but haven't found anything, although maybe I missed something for not navigating well.

If anyone has any leads or suggestions, I would be very happy to hear.

If you find anything in French that you think might help, I can translate. Best of luck with your research.