• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In need of advice

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
I am feeling very lost on my spiritual path at the moment.
And not sure where I need to be.... Is it the winter? Is it my thoughts are wrong? Am I truely on the wrong path?​
I have tryed to work through this on my own but feel worse lol.
Any tips on how to find my right path?​
Earth Based Religions only please :D Or if you have knowledge of Earth Based.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Evenstar said:
I am feeling very lost on my spiritual path at the moment.
And not sure where I need to be.... Is it the winter? Is it my thoughts are wrong? Am I truely on the wrong path?​
I have tryed to work through this on my own but feel worse lol.
Any tips on how to find my right path?​
Earth Based Religions only please :D Or if you have knowledge of Earth Based.
It most likely is (to some extent) the season; I heard on the TV recently that this is a bad time for everyone. Post Christmas credit card bills, waiting for the spring, not enough sunlight can all have an effect on your mood.

Try to relax, and not worry about what you see as being 'lost'. If you can, find yourself some time to be on your own (no distractions), and meditate; just see where that takes you. Don't try to push it, just let it come to you; oh, and you can use your crystals!:D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
hey rebecca *hugs*

ive got a few ideas ........ could it be that because of the society you live in, some of the expectations they have are rubbing off on you, and you feel like you aren't living up to them? obviously jeff is very supportive of you, but i really think you need contact with other pagans to grow in that side of yoru spirituality, and, form what ive heard about where you live, i doubt you are getting that

and unfortunatly, without growth and development, you will tend to feel like you are slipping backwards

have you set your alter up yet? if so, ive got an idea for a small ritual you might like to try ;)

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Did you say Altar? I have a make shift one, but it seems to work :eek: No contact what so ever with like minded people.
I seem to have rooted if this makes sense.​
And really need to move on, just dont know how too. :( Its pulling me down :mad:

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Pardus said:
What motivates you to be on a path?
I am drawn to healing for example.
I dont know to be honest..... Maybe I need to try healing, I just know im very lost at the moment and I don't like the feeling.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'm afraid I've got to be at work until 9, but feel free to call me. (Or I can call you!) I've been working on a guided meditation for a friend here, but am still trying to finagle the technology I'll need to get it recorded. I can always attempt it over the phone, should you wish. (And that goes for everyone here!)

Fluffy

A fool
How long have you been feeling like this Rebecca?

You mentioned that it might have been because it is Winter, is that because you have felt like this before during Winter?

Edit: In my professional opinion, it sounds like its due to a lack of contact with like-minded people... not sure whether thats accurate or not though.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Feathers I would love to chat with you, maybe you may also see something im missing, Ill pm you hun. Thank you!
Fluffy I know its sounds crazy but "No" or at least I don't remember feeling this way before during the winter :( I normally love the changing seasons.​
It could well be im not having contact with others.... but I also love my own company... so im at a loss :(

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Pardus said:
If you want to use the chatroom or something, i can be of more use real time.
I cant get into chat :( Wish I could have though. I would have enjoyed talking with both you and Mike.

turk179

I smell something....
Evenstar, I am sorry that you are in the space that you are in now. I also believe that it is a lack of having like minded individuals who have the same beliefs you do. Even though you have a great partner like Jeff it is nice to have some like minded friends as well. This forum is a great place to come to for like minded friends but it doesn't take the place of the living thing. I have been in a similar situation for a while now. When I lived in Florida my mate was Wiccan but she never celebrated her religion and all my friends were Christians. Not to mention that the city I lived in had run a couple of Pagan businesses out of town and had fined one particular family around $20,000 for breaking zoning laws by holding rituals in their back yard. I believe you can find info about that online if you type in "Wicca" and "Palm Bay" in the search bar. Not a very friendly place for Pagans. I am getting way off track here.
Anyways.... I have always found that when I am feeling lost or rooted with no feeling of growth that an affirmation of my faith always seems to help me. Go outside and sit next to a tree for a while. Feel its energy and wisdom. Try a meditation like the web and try to get connected with everything. These always worked for me. If you ever want to have a peaceful Wiccan(or any other type of conversation) you can give me a PM anytime.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Two sites that can help you find like-minded people are www.witchvox.com and www.meetup.com. Both have groups that meet, based on area. Maybe thier are many, or maybe thier are few in your area. To find a path, look for a local metaphysical/spiritual store (witchvox.com also has a store listing). If the store is a good one, it should have books of many paths. Spend time looking through books, and asking questions. Maybe a library will also have books on various paths. If you don't mind people knowing of the /wiccan, then a large book store, such as Books a Million or Barns & Nobles usually has books on the subjects. Good luck on finding like minded people.

It most likely is (to some extent) the season; I heard on the TV recently that this is a bad time for everyone. Post Christmas credit card bills, waiting for the spring, not enough sunlight can all have an effect on your mood.
YEAH!!! I'm not everyone!!! My christmas credit card debt is only 300, weather in Indiana is good enough right now to feel like spring, and the less sunlight for me, the better. I LOVE NOT FITTING IN!!!!:woohoo:

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Turk, thank you so much! I might just take you up on the offer of a chat.... I would like that.
Luke Wolf, I have tryed the search.... and none in Sebree :( thats what you get for living in a Christian based town lol. Hey! but I do understand the spring like weather, im in the next State to you :D.​
Thank you to all of you who have helped me here.