• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Love

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
in love is there no sacrifice because the self is happy to know that the suffering of other as self has ceased?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Who says being in love is merciful?

when you respond in any other way it's selfish. you feel guilty, so you do it, selfish. so you aren't merciful, selfish. if you do it for the other because of compassion, merciful, alleviating suffering because self suffers with them, empathizes, compassion, love, selfless.

the idea is simple. is the focus on self; when self doesn't have want, or is focus on other as self that has want.

what will self do when suffering? will self alleviate suffering for other as self would want?

the law of ONE, reciprocity

http://www.religioustolerance.org/reciproc2.htm

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
when you respond in any other way it's selfish. you feel guilty, so you do it, selfish. so you aren't merciful, selfish. if you do it for the other because of compassion, merciful, alleviating suffering because self suffers with them, empathizes, compassion, love, selfless.

the idea is simple. is the focus on self; when self doesn't have want, or is focus on other as self that has want.

what will self do when suffering? will self alleviate suffering for other as self would want?

the law of ONE, reciprocity

http://www.religioustolerance.org/reciproc2.htm

No like i said in post #3, love is sacrifice, you give yourself completely to the one you love. What has that to do with being selfish? Its the total opposite

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No like i said in post #3, love is sacrifice, you give yourself completely to the one you love. What has that to do with being selfish? Its the total opposite
so you think you lose something by giving from excess? wasn't that a selfish to begin with? wasn't you sacrificing other as self by denying them self's excess? so in your fantasy someone always has to be sacrificing before love can exist?

you can't give yourself completely to anyone. that is a fantasy. why don't you just claim possession? love is two bodies being of one mind. it's not two bodies being of double mindedness

selfishness is double mindedness

james 1:8

sacrifices only arise from double standards. come on you can bs harder than that

Last edited:

MonkeyFire

when one suffers all suffer, suffer the little children to come unto me for such as these is the kingdom of heaven.

Would suffering exist if we made it not exist, like a hydra. Suffering leads to violence, violence leads to danger.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
so you think you lose something by giving from excess? wasn't that a selfish to begin with? wasn't you sacrificing other as self by denying them self's excess? so in your fantasy someone always has to be sacrificing before love can exist?

you can't give yourself completely to anyone. that is a fantasy. why don't you just claim possession? love is two bodies being of one mind. it's not two bodies being of double mindedness

selfishness is double mindedness

james 1:8

sacrifices only arise from double standards. come on you can bs harder than that

How sad that you have to misrepresent in order to get the answer that massages your ego

I was clear in what i wrote, if you have problems with definitions that is not my problem

So you think self sacrifice for love is selfish? I am so glad i am not your partner.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
when one suffers all suffer, suffer the little children to come unto me for such as these is the kingdom of heaven.
I’m sorry but that scripture uses archaic language and has nothing to do with children suffering.....

Jesus was saying to “allow” the children to come to him because the apostles were trying to prevent them. He said we must become as young children....meek, teachable and eager to learn.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I understand both love, and the answer from @ChristineM differently then you, and just because i agree with her does not make my answer what you call, avidya :)
It only mean i hold different understanding then you

avidya, lack of knowledge, is the causation of suffering. the comment wasn't personal. as a former buddhist, i would have thought you knew this.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I’m sorry but that scripture uses archaic language and has nothing to do with children suffering.....

Jesus was saying to “allow” the children to come to him because the apostles were trying to prevent them. He said we must become as young children....meek, teachable and eager to learn.

teachable being the keyword. once you have knowledge you have the solution, the cure, the fix, to a problem, an ill, et al. but if you withhold that knowledge, that is selfishness, to give freely what was given to self, is not suffering. suffering is ignorance. sacrifice is selfishness.

jesus said that he laid down his life; which was in service to all, he who wishes to be greatest must be servant to all.