• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In line for confession

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm in line at the confession booth at the cathedral of saint Paul. What do you think my sins are?

Okay...I just finished my confession. The priest had to cut me off when I started telling him I have firm conviction that God wants evil, heresy, war, sin, and confusion in our world. I cannot unbelieve what my heart and mind tells me is obvious.

At least this priest absolved me. I have had a priest refuse to give me absolution before.

He gave me psalm 51 to recite and prayerfully reflect on as penance.

The Catholic Church teaches that the cleansing of our souls that takes place during a baptism is renewed at the sacrament of confession.

Not sure where I stand on it but it is helpful I can tell my priest about desires to rape, steal, kill, destroy, torture, or disfigure, and he isn't going to write it down and turn it in.

Tell a therapist about those desires and it will follow you for the rest of your life.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The reason I went to confession today is quite strange. I forgot I left my backpack at the Cathedral yesterday.

Yesterday I was thinking I'm in need of a hammer because I'm going to be transferring to my own apartment on Monday and I'll need a hammer to set up pictures.

my boss stopped her vehicle got out and found a hammer on the road and brought it in and said it's yours Matt.

Today a song about "if I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning" came to mind, and then I remembered my hammer was in my backpack and that my backpack was at the Cathedral.

When I got there I saw there was a line for the confession booth. Weird.

sciatica

Notable Member
Your sins are all narcissism related. Like the rest of us. Its all about "me" instead of God.